Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

Team drops points; must use one or more of the following -

1. We didn't work hard enough
2. We didn't want it enough
3. We're complacent

It's a generalist view and nonsense imo.

We looked more than up for that today. Aribio and Morelos for example working ahrd defensively and Aribo defensively especially very hard working and strong, winning a number of balls back in positions most wouldn't.

A game is made of many moments, the majority of those moments were for our attacking unit.
But we were outdone early on and conceded and from that point it's going to be an uphill struggle on a tight park. Our biggest mistake today was the defending for that goal.

I agree that a number of times we could have chosen to shoot, but that's individual decisions, F all to do with team compacency. Kamara is known for this, Aribo should shoot more often but he needs to work on hitting the target, and Kent, for me again, just didn't do enough today. It speaks volumes that our centre half (goldson) is more keen on taking shots and ultimately better at hitting the target outside the box than our midfielders; that I would be working on.

But complacency? Na, you're just looking for the game to fit your own narrative / bias because that's what we're all worried about. There was no complacency today on a team level.

Good grief we were dominant from the point in the game Motherwell scored and it didn’t look to me if their was an ounce of complacency in our performance.the players were going for it up to the last kick of the ball

I don’t think it’s complacency, I think we are devoid of ideas going forward. Kent, Tav, Barisic, Aribo, Kamara & Hagi were all poor today and have been for a couple of months now. Our and the papes results have been papering over the poor performances for a while.

Just a wee bit miffed at the way we are starting games as recent. Early season, it was like opening a box of fireworks and killing teams off. We seem to have developed this slower, methodical approach. First 15 mins today, we are seeing more long balls into no man's land and allowing teams to reposition quicker. Still picking up the points and still top but we need to get back to early season

Literally every time we drop two points there’s so much over the top pish on here. We played really well up to the box and should have won very comfortably.

Kent and Morelos had bad days. Roofe is a real miss v these teams who allow crosses and just try to crowd the box. Alfie stands and hopes. Roofe makes two or three runs to get himself a yard.

I think some of our posters on here are showing symptoms of poet/Bernadette syndrome.

Go start growing some plants in the loft and chill out.

We started slowly, but, after they scored we dominated possession right to the end.
On another day we would have won this game, but it wasn't to be, these things happen in football, no damage done though.
We are starting too many games slowly.

The crossing from both our full backs was woeful, nobody willing to play the killer pass preferred to play the square pass , nobody willing to shot from distance, Kent needs dropped absolutely shocking today he ran the ball out 3 times , probably the poorest performance from our full backs today both off the boil most of their crosses hit the first man or it landed on the thug Gallagher's head , over all not good enough a bad day at the office move on to the next game still 21 clear , a step closer to 55 .

New manager bounce, bottom of league. It was never going to be an easy game. Plus the fact we haven't been playing well recently. No need for a forensic examination.

Not sure it's complacency. We got into great positions, the crossing was abysmal.

Our midfield generally can't/won't shoot, but that's most games. We pass to it death and we should mix it up more.

Always going to be a struggle with the midfield playing possession drills, Kent off the boil and Barasic/Tav unable to hit a cow's arse with a banjo for most of the game.

Hopefully we get a few injured players back this month.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
Second half we were good, just couldn’t finish, pitch was awful, hence many touches, I reckon.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
The only positive that can be taken from today is that it gives the players a boot up the arse. Nothing is won yet

Bit harsh OP.

Credit to them where its due as they played well 1st half when we struggled to get going. The goal gave them something to defend.

We penned them in 2nd half and on another day Goldsons header & Defoe shot go in & we win the game.

Today was as poor a performance as we have had this season in the league. A real slog. The lack of intensity in the first half made it an uphill struggle in the second. Poor decisions and absolutely dreadful crossing made today hard work. I'm hoping that they get this out their system and it's a one off.

I though there was a real lack of pace and urgency about our game today. Those are features that can stem from complacency and there is no doubt this squad has been guilty of that in recent seasons. Hopefully just an off day today, but the gaffers comments suggest a half time roasting was delivered Because he wasn't impressed by our first half.

After the Celtic game on the second the more cautious fans were saying if the gaps still the same after January they’d be happy, well it’s increased by four since then with two January games to go. Calm doon

I know you've not been well OP but calm down, It was a bad day at the Office, Celtic didn't make up any ground on us and we are one game closer to winning the League

Just as well as didn't lose today ...some of these so called bears would be having the mentally challengeds winning the league

No damage done today,but we haven’t been playing well for a while now,albeit grinding out the wins,today it just didn’t happen

Davis is having to play every game at the moment and it looks like it’s starting to catch up with him,need jack and arfeild back so we can mix it up a bit in midfield

We need an attacking midfielder and a wide attacker in ASAP.

Jack’s fitness is unreliable, Arfield is no doubt out for the season and Kent needs a fucking rocket.

Walter was a master at making the right signings at the right time that would get us over the line.

We need a lift.

Thats a nonsense mate, they were taking additional touches because that pitch is terrible.
Our biggest problem is how we get goals against teams that sit 10 men in their box.

Naw, pish. Complacency give me a break. We need to learn pish like murderwell canae be given anything to hang on to. Gerrard even said before the game, not to do so. Fuckn hate playn them, that's no fitba despicable bastrds. That could huv been a defeat nothing lost nothing gained. W. A. T. P

Bit harsh OP.

Credit to them where its due as they played well 1st half when we struggled to get going. The goal gave them something to defend.

We penned them in 2nd half and on another day Goldsons header & Defoe shot go in & we win the game.
The first 20 mins is where we have been most vulnerable recently. Teams can see that.
Need to get back to that intensity from first minute. Motherwell played well. Good goal to be fair.

After the Celtic game on the second the more cautious fans were saying if the gaps still the same after January they’d be happy, well it’s increased by four since then with two January games to go. Calm doon
Folks are entitled to be critical of that today, the gaffer certainly has been. Frankly I don't care how many points we are in front, when we play a team that are (were) bottom of a mediocre league we ought to expect more than we got from our players today.

Back