MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 12:00 - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
No urgency at all in that first half. We looked like a tired team with no imagination. Second half was better, the way we need to be starting games. It’s still a big gap but it can go quickly with games like this. And, as bad as they are, it’ll have given Celtic a boost. They’d have been expecting a nail in the coffin today.

I’d imagine Gerrard will be fuming at that performance, more from an attitude point of view than anything else.

Get Jack back ASAP.
Hilarious that folk keep shouting for this. I distinctly remember everyone going nuts at the 3 man midfield of Jack Davis and Kamara because it offered little going forward.

The problem today was a complete lack of urgency across the team, many players not at their best and our management refusing to utilise the massive squad we have.

Management to blame here.

We were a bit disjointed today not much came off for us too many not taking their chances but I for one was pleased to see Motherwell at least trying to play football and we are still 21 points clear at the top of the league, WATP

We didn’t get the ball in their box enough and we got it in a lot! All the passing about in the 2nd half when we’ve 4 players in their box! We need a much better performance for the likes of Easter Road!

When Kamara uses a burst of pace to drive the ball over 10-15 yards, he’s very good as he commits more from the opposition, he just doesn’t do it enough

For 65 minutes sure. But he and Kamara set the tempo for the first 25 minutes when they wanted to play the game at walking pace. That is what got us into trouble there. Same with last 25 minutes at Aberdeen last week. I have a lot of time for Davis but sometimes the tempo he sets is all wrong. It’s all very well upping it for 65 minutes when you are a goal down. But we should never have got into that place in the first place.
I agree to an extent mate.

Today from Aribo was probably the worst performance I’ve seen this season from a Rangers player.

What amazes me more is how Gerrard kept him on for the duration

A point at the end of the day but that was very poor.

Its clear with the 3 players we have missing we can't keep playing the same formation.

Roll on the next game, time to forget this one.

Agree mate, better surely to come out the traps flying, get a foothold, and get ahead in the game. Most sides we play defend, defend , defend. An early goal, rips up their game plan. But we seem to saunter out of the traps. Odd.
Yep. Agreed.

Seems to take us an age to wake up and get up to speed.

I mentioned whipping boys. Check the thread and other match threads of late. It’s always Kamara and Aribo that get it, when they are far from the worst. Got to wonder why that is...

I’ve watched it back multiple times. Everyone in the studio agreed with me too. The fact you’re highlighting Kamara’s role which came way before Tav, Goldson and Balogun should’ve stopped it are frankly ridiculous. Defenders are there to defend mate.

I’d put good money in Gerrard being more annoyed at the the 3 I mention than Kamara.
We'll agree to disagree and move on to the next game. All about opinions and more importantly we got a point from a slack performance

Played as though 55 was already in the bag minus two points
Very poor performance
Hi all, new guy here. They should have been up for this today, chance to turn the knife in the scum.
I know in the grand scheme its probably not important, but after the last nine years we have had the team owe us more effort than that. Mediocrity is not an option!

Should’ve won in the end but didn’t because of our dreadful first 25 minutes.

Disappointed but not going to go overboard.

Kent should be looking at a spell on the bench though. His contribution at the moment is nowhere near good enough.
Sadly we have nothing good enough to replace him.
Barker is not going to do any better.
If Roofe returns then I suspect Kent will be dropped.

Not the result we all wanted the day but we are no worse off than we were before 3pm yesterday, so I'll not lose sleep from it.

One game closer to the title and still 21pts clear.

Next game up Rangers.

I mentioned whipping boys. Check the thread and other match threads of late. It’s always Kamara and Aribo that get it, when they are far from the worst. Got to wonder why that is...

I’ve watched it back multiple times. Everyone in the studio agreed with me too. The fact you’re highlighting Kamara’s role which came way before Tav, Goldson and Balogun should’ve stopped it are frankly ridiculous. Defenders are there to defend mate.

I’d put good money in Gerrard being more annoyed at the the 3 I mention than Kamara.
So why in your opinion are kamara and aribo getting stick?

Fell asleep in defence again.Another avoidable goal. Our only worry today should have been getting the breakthrough.

Slightly raging but no damage done in a tough run of fixtures.

Did I not make it pretty clear in the post? I think it’s embarrassing when one of our top players makes the sort of gaff you usually see on bloopers reels.

Mind and take the stick out your arse before you sit back down mate!
But how does it embarrass you personally?

You're the person claiming it, explain it.

Then you jump to trying to deflect with a personal insult. Surely that must be embarrassing to you?

I thought this might be a slog today and not too unhappy at a point, and said so pre match. For those fretting we now have 14 games left - can you see us failing to win 5 of those which would be what would be needed. it would be our worst run under SG - try and stay calm its coming home
I said the same pre-match. Just had a feeling with their new manager etc that today would be a slog. Yes, we want to win every game and concentrate ourselves, but if we match the Tim's results every game day then there is no real damage to us.
1 point is not the end of the world and certainly doesn't give that lot any great encouragement. As long as we get back in the bike properly against Ross County we'll be grand.
Kent needs to be stuck on the bench and we need more from Aribo. The way Kent is playing right now is actually hindering our attacks rather than helping.

This should have been the game that sparked the final push for the 55. Not so much a spark today as a damp squib. We should be better than this and need to be better to win this at a canter.

I am not wanting to draw this out any longer than we have to. Hard game against Hibs coming up.

Just a disgraceful performance against Motherwell who are bottom of the league for a reason. There were too many players today that frankly played shit. We don't need passengers in this team, we need a team that wants to keep winning.

They dropped points yesterday and we could have moved even further ahead today and tightened the screw on them but, we blew that today. We should have got out the tramps earlier and showed we meant business instead of strolling about the bloody park and not taking the chances we had.

glad we got something but, we should have taken all 3 points today.
A disgraceful performance? A team that's just won 15 games in a row doesnt want to keep winning?

Honest to fck. Were 21 points clear and the players have earned a bit more fckin respect this season.

A disappointing performance today. We looked far too slow in the final third and I’m not convinced by Aribo’s defending in that position.

Hopefully Jack and Arfield are back soon enough as it gives us different options for these games.

Hoping for an emphatic response next weekend.

The mistake is starting the way we did and letting them score the first goal. It allows them to sit in and double up on our creative players. If we had started the game the way we started the second half it's probably an easy 3 points for us.

The slow start has happened a few times now, it's up to the manager to stamp it out.

This should have been the game that sparked the final push for the 55. Not so much a spark today as a damp squib. We should be better than this and need to be better to win this at a canter.

I am not wanting to draw this out any longer than we have to. Hard game against Hibs coming up.
Weve also got a game before Hibs.

We should have won that game but there a few issues.
Their goal was a stroll in to the net. Woeful defending and failure to track and tackle.
Aribo ,Kent and Hagi were all well below requured levels.
The wide ball in is predictable and all too often not accurate enough
Goldson gets into great positions and should shoot now and again.

Itten did great again, Davis distributed well. Alfie was ok too

Another week goes by and we're closer to the title.

Aribo is not being given much credit here for his defensive work. He won several tackles in midfield and tracked back well. I thought he played ok. Did not create too much until late in the game and for that he deserves some criticism.

No urgency at all in that first half. We looked like a tired team with no imagination. Second half was better, the way we need to be starting games. It’s still a big gap but it can go quickly with games like this. And, as bad as they are, it’ll have given Celtic a boost. They’d have been expecting a nail in the coffin today.

I’d imagine Gerrard will be fuming at that performance, more from an attitude point of view than anything else.
How the feck will that give Celtic a boost?

Didn’t play well, got a point!
Unbeaten league runs go on!
Jack and or Arfield both back soon so onwards to 55!

fixtures up to international break mid feb:
US
H Ross Co
A HIBS
H ST.JOHNSTONE
A HAMILTION
H KILLIE

THEM
A LIVVY
H HAMILTON
H ST.MIRREN
A KILLIE
H MOTHERWELL
A ST.MIRREN
A ST.JOHNSTONE
H ABERDEEN
We’ve played 3 more away games than them as well.

Nothing lost nothing gained. Still 21 points clear. And its another tricky fixture navigated without giving away any ground.

Its all good Bears.

A tricky fixture away to the bottom of the table? Give over! Despite that it is all ok, but that was unacceptable today, especially in the first 25 minutes.

Get everyone back on the training ground for the next week and practice close ball control and distribution- too many times during the game possession was gifted to Motherwell and made it easy for them to shut up shop- and stop the silly wee step overs where you lose sight of the ball and give up possession

Just remind me when we upped it after the slow start.
Slow middle and end to match the slow start- no urgency whatsoever, especially from Goldson who has this infuriating habit of pretending to go one way and then putting his foot on the ball, turning back and then deciding to go the way he was originally going, wasting time and not gaining any type of advantage whatsoever!

Yes, our shooting has been shit for years.

But Davis in particular gets in the best positions around the edge of the box, yet simply doesn't make use of that. His failure to have this aspect in his game is so frustrating.
Yes it would help if he had a pop.
Just shoot hard and low, anything can happen.

Howling performance. Switching Kamara and aribo was a bizarre shout. Not enough quality to break down that deep line, need Roofe back and hopefully Jack to allow us to put aribo further forward.

Back