MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 12:00 - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I'm sure the players are just as disappointed as the fans. And any that are not, should be playing elsewhere.
Of course we want to win every game, but that's not going to happen, we will drop points along the way. But as long as we retain our place, above the rest, on top of the league. We will achieve title 55.

The
we had:

terrible - Kent, Aribo, Kamara
mostly poor - Tavernier, Barisic
decent - Davis, Hagi, , Goldson, Balogun
did well - Morelos

given that - avoiding defeat is a bonus

severe kick up the arse needed for some

Sorry, thought Alfie was poor today. One header aside, he didn’t threaten, he didn’t take up good positions in the box for all those crosses and Gallagher is too smart to be dragged all over the place by Morelos, so he wasn’t making gaps for others. You are right we avoided defeat despite ourselves.

Just wish someone, anyone could have fired a shot in from outside the box. The amount of times we got in a great a position for a strike was infuriating. I'll take the point though at least we never lost.

Arfield was a big miss today. Even when we "dominated", far too much of the game was being played in front of Motherwell's defence. No cutting edge and it was a straightforward draw for them in the end.

Yes, our shooting has been shit for years.

But Davis in particular gets in the best positions around the edge of the box, yet simply doesn't make use of that. His failure to have this aspect in his game is so frustrating.
He hasn't got a good shot. But he could still put one on target hit firmly and see if it can make something happen.
Teams sitting that deep are asking for a deflection.

I agree totally that Steve Davis was clearly MOTM but I do wish just occasionally he would do something different and get a shot away from the edge of the box instead of threading it wide.

Today one of the problems was that with a sticky pitch the guys with the quick feet weren't able to move it about the way they would want to do.

Kamara failed to track the runner

Tav and Goldson were way out of position. Balogun takes up a good position and should’ve done better. Kamara didn’t track a run

Ultimately if Goldson holds the shape it becomes a 3 at the back, Motherwell don’t have as much space in behind Tav and the goal doesn’t happen

Goldson and Tav were ball watching

Go be fair to the lad Cole in the first half he was pulling Goldson all over the place.

Another game off the list. Let's hope we can get out intensity back for next week.

I also think it's time to get Helander back in the team.

After the initial anger has surpassed, we had enough chances to bury that game and they scored with their only real effort. Should’ve come out with 3 but no ground gained or lost and still undefeated.

Arfield was a big miss today. Even when we "dominated", far too much of the game was being played in front of Motherwell's defence. No cutting edge and it was a straightforward draw for them in the end.

Arfield is the one player who takes a gamble and gets beyond the striker.

That has been missing the last few matches with him out.

Our shape attacking is the same up and down the park. Arfield's runs changes that shape and forces the opposition back line to adjust which opens up space elsewhere in the box.

Big miss for sure.

Certainly need to inject a bit more urgency into our play,We’re maybe missing Jack and Arfield who put a bit more drive from midfield,
Not too disappointed but it’s a bit concerning at the time it takes to actually get into games at the moment.

Tav and Goldson were way out of position. Balogun takes up a good position and should’ve done better. Kamara didn’t track a run

Ultimately if Goldson holds the shape it becomes a 3 at the back, Motherwell don’t have as much space in behind Tav and the goal doesn’t happen

Goldson and Tav were ball watching
Kamara failed to track the runner, but like the rest of the team, he's been outstanding all season, so he deserves a break.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Absolute rubbish Balogun was totally at fault he must shut off the front post to stop the ball coming across basic defending. Hopefully this will help get Helander in the side he is a far better defender Balogun is decent but Helander is much better

Just remind me when we upped it after the slow start.

If you can’t see that yourself shouldn’t be on a football forum. We were awful in the first 18-20 minutes, sleeping for most of it, but took over the game just before they scored. Dominated the rest of it, but not good enough with the movement in the box.

Absolute rubbish Balogun was totally at fault he must shut off the front post to stop the ball coming across basic defending. Hopefully this will help get Helander in the side he is a far better defender Balogun is decent but Helander is much better

100% agree re Helander, positionally he’s our best CB in my opinion

Balogun is good back up but don’t understand why he starts when Helander fit

Davis had yards of space infront of him second half , rarely advanced into it and never , never shoots even when in space at the edge of the box. Thought he was a poor as the other midfielders today only pass mark was Goldson.

Kamara failed to track the runner, but like the rest of the team, he's been outstanding all season, so he deserves a break.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

You missed the part when I said they were stalwarts this season, aye?

Cant help myself, give me peace. If it was Barisic/Balogun/Helander/Bassey/Katic I’d have said the exact same thing

Tav and Goldson are our 2 best players this season but that doesn’t mean you can’t criticise

If you can’t see that yourself shouldn’t be on a football forum. We were awful in the first 18-20 minutes, sleeping for most of it, but took over the game just before they scored. Dominated the rest of it, but not good enough with the movement in the box.
We dominated the game throughout mate. But at no time did we up the tenpo.

If you can't see that ...... :p

The

Sorry, thought Alfie was poor today. One header aside, he didn’t threaten, he didn’t take up good positions in the box for all those crosses and Gallagher is too smart to be dragged all over the place by Morelos, so he wasn’t making gaps for others. You are right we avoided defeat despite ourselves.
Avoided defeat?!! I thought we attacked relentlessly in the second half and Motherwell would have been unbelievably fortunate if maybe their one breakaway resulted in a chance for them. We needed a wee bit of fortune with one of the many many balls played into their box. We didn’t really get it. A nice goal to equalise. Aribo should have done better with his shot. Alfie was unlucky with his header first half and Jermain’s nice wee gather and shot unfortunately went straight to the keeper.
Some poor finishes here and there too and our defending was poor for their goal in the first place.
Motherwell defended with their full team second half and got away with it - avoiding defeat!

Gutted as we all are and after arguing with my dad I’ve seen his point. It was just one of those games we just didn’t get firing. Especially the 1st half. Take the point! 21 clear 14 games to go. Still in charge! Well in charge of this lge. Cant win them all and still unbeaten. WATP.

Some saying we were slow in the final third no wonder how many times did we see them with a keeper & 10 defenders the lack of shots from outside the box is frustrating

Davis had yards of space infront of him second half , rarely advanced into it and never , never shoots even when in space at the edge of the box. Thought he was a poor as the other midfielders today only pass mark was Goldson.
Davis poor today....Wow what can I say other than I must have been watching another game as he had a number of good forward passes that opened up space

Davis was our best player.
But I agree, he should be shooting more.

Second half was better imo, still wasn't anywhere near the level of performance we are capable of but there was improvement in comparison to the first half.
Yes I agree but our tempo hardly changed throughout. We at least managed a few pops at goal in the second half.

Just didn’t come off for us today, despite attacking relentlessly for pretty much the whole of the second half.

What I would say is, looking at the fixture list just before we played Hibs after Xmas, I would’ve bitten your hand off for the results we - and the Bheasts from the East - have since had. I’m pretty sure we all would have actually.

Bad day at the office, but still 21 points clear and unbeaten all season in the league, and another game ticked off. Some on here need to dry their eyes, or just log out and head back to the fiddleboard, the usual FF overreaction is in full flow!

We've been on a hell of a run of games since the start of December, the majority of which have been tough away games, but three out of the next five games are at Ibrox, that should be 9pts. Get at least a draw at Easter Road and a win at Hamilton and we will be entering the home straight in a fantastic position.

An annoying game, I see most people voted Davis but is he ever going to have a shot on goal so frustrating man.

Barasic just mom for me. Itten close second

No panic-plenty of chances and apart from their goal they had no other chances.

How many times did we lose a simple pass/cross into the box because of a player's obsession in getting to the byline? So many players from all teams do that - I call it show-off syndrome. The goal we scored was crossed in from nowhere near the byline!

Zero shots fired at goal from outside the box was frustrating - how many deflections or rebounds lead to goals?

We just forgot that golden rule and paid the price- guard that goal at all costs! The superior skill should pay over 90 minutes.

I'm sure Livvy will take points on Wednesday!

Today? Utter garbage against utter garbage.

Given yesterday's result it's not the end of the world, but how can we give them a glimmer of hope against the bottom of the league?

What today proved is we are still that one man missing, that one player capable of delivering that killer pass. And when Kamara, Aribo and Kent are off their game, we are struggling big time. Albeit, that's a full midfield.

One quality delivery in the box all day results in a goal for us today.

But should we always have to rely on the full backs?

The midfielders have to give us more.

Back