MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 12:00 - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Both acted like leaders today and drove us on

Yes, I've been critical of Tav's apparent lack of drive in the past, but that accusation couldn't be levelled at him for this game.

He and Goldson both got up the pitch and tried a variety of passes, crosses, shots, etc.

We saw Tav in midfield at one point, and Goldson was over on the far left wing touchline !

The only criticism I'd have of Tav is that he needs to develop a left-foot cross.
I've seen Borna develop his right foot reasonably -- if Tav could do similar then he'd double his assists !

Not sure I can pick a MOTM today tbh.

To many of our players not wanting to show up in the first 45 and it's cost us 2 points and the opportunity to go 14 clear (assuming they win their games in hand).

We need to be taking it to these teams in the first 45 and killing the game dead. Far to many of our crosses today were woeful. Aribos best work was intercepting in defensive areas. Very little moving forward. Kent was just dreadful. Dribbling the ball out of play his highlight. The game passed Kamara by I felt as well.

I want this team hungry to expand the gap every time the opportunity presents itself. Now what happens is they will get a small boost going into the game in hand away to Livi.

Balogun was the only defender to get near the cross ball and the front post was not his responsibility.

Both Tav and Goldson got caught out and left us bald.
Goldson shouldnt have been drawn out the middle,one of the midfielders should have been challenging at edge of box letting Tav stay wide to cover watt to stop cross into box.Thats why ive tried to stay clear of FF until i've got everything clear in my head.2 points dropped but we go again next week and get closer to 55.I know we are a hard bunch to please at time but stay calm folks im sure 55 is near.

Performance wise today that was abysmal.

Some players have been needing dropped for weeks it's only now the manager acknowledges it.

The points gap may be a luxury wherein decisions don't need to be made regards certain players being off the boil so get more game time when it's clear Kent,Aribo & Kamara have been Fucking Woeful for weeks in terms of forward play wee flashes of 10 minutes here & there don't cut it imo also some of the defending has been horrific dithering over tackles ,shots, passes .

Today they nearly equalled the three amigos up front for indecision at what to do .

It's only a few weeks ago Itten came on & changed the game with his hold up play & goal today for me he's in from the start Defoe is another who can make things happen his appearance today was way too late.

There lies the problem with our support.

You make one mistake and the rest of your contribution goes unnoticed.
But for me this is the problem.

Back in 1992/93 in the CL run, I'm sure Miko made a mistake that led to Marseilles scoring over there.

I'm sure it was slack play by Davie Robertson led to Brugges scoring over there too. That's fine, you get punished against top teams for your mistakes.

We're now getting punished by dross for daftness against uttuer sh1te domestically.

The goals against column at home is lovely but it doesn't tell the full story.

Imagine this midfield with a Charlie Adam-esque player that will shoot from range with conviction.

I like our general style and ethos but only so many times you can throw the same bait and expect the rat to come to the trap.

I don't know when Ryan Jack and Scott Arfield are back, but they'll be short of match fitness so they'll have to be played in gradually at first.

We haven't really played a great game for a while so a slip up was coming. A draw at least means we haven't lost ground over the weekend. It will be good to get our injured players back to give us more midfield and forward options. I hope Jack is back for Ross County. We need to up our performance and go on another winning run.

Today? Utter garbage against utter garbage.

Given yesterday's result it's not the end of the world, but how can we give them a glimmer of hope against the bottom of the league?

What today proved is we are still that one man missing, that one player capable of delivering that killer pass. And when Kamara, Aribo and Kent are off their game, we are struggling big time. Albeit, that's a full midfield.

One quality delivery in the box all day results in a goal for us today.

But should we always have to rely on the full backs?

The midfielders have to give us more.
Absolutely as an attacking threat it wasn’t there until the second half

But for me this is the problem.

Back in 1992/93 in the CL run, I'm sure Miko made a mistake that led to Marseilles scoring over there.

I'm sure it was slack play by Davie Robertson led to Brugges scoring over there too. That's fine, you get punished against top teams for your mistakes.

We're now getting punished by dross for daftness against uttuer sh1te domestically.

The goals against column at home is lovely but it doesn't tell the full story.
I honestly dont know what youre getting at here. Youve gone from 1992 right through to the last couple of games.

Players make mistakes, even really good players. Teams score goals, even really shite teams.

I honestly dont know what youre getting at here. Youve gone from 1992 right through to the last couple of games.

Players make mistakes, even really good players. Teams score goals, even really shite teams.
The point is, if you had read it properly, is that back in the day we were being punished for mistakes aganist superior teams.

We're now being punished for lapses in concentration against dross, domestically. It has to be a worry. If it isn't a worry for you, then fair enough. It scares me.

Got to admit lads the match thread was a hard read today,
Real negativity and pessimism,The game was far from our best and some of the players struggled to get their game together,Maybe the first half of the season has spoiled us and the Bears are finding hard to handle.

I see Graham Alexander has very quickly joined the moaning faced manager team, he was adamant that after watching it from every angle that Itten was offside, ably supported by the sor faced mentally challenged McFadden, O’Donnell was playing him on by a yard.

Balogun was the only defender to get near the cross ball and the front post was not his responsibility.

Kamara didn't track the runner so could say he was to blame

The point is, if you had read it properly, is that back in the day we were being punished for mistakes aganist superior teams.

We're now being punished for lapses in concentration against dross, domestically. It has to be a worry. If it isn't a worry for you, then fair enough. It scares me.
What about the 30 years in between? Or even back in 1992? Or before 1992? No mistakes were ever punished domestically?

Weve gone from being punished by superior teams in 1992 with nothing in between to suddenly being punished for mistakes the last few weeks.

Were always disappointed when we drop points but youre not making any sense. You need to relax, take a deep breath, have a look at the league table and give the players the benefit of the doubt that theyve earned this season. Theyve just won 15 games in a row, are unbeaten in the league and 21 points clear.

Haven't and wont open any of the negative threads.

This season has went far better than we dreamed it might , we drew today but so did the Tim's yesterday so no damage done.

Its another weekend closer to the title or 75% of the league season if that's your thing.

Poor first half a draw was probably fair result.

Couldn't choose a MOTM!

Today was a wake up call we all needed and now need to focus on game by game.

We have nothing won yet and won't be winning matches easy we have to earn the right to win.

Onto the next game hopefully get a reaction.

Hate waiting so long till the next game. I did hope we would've improved with the rest but we haven't much now need to regroup and focus on the next game as it's the biggest.

Think we need a midfielder who can shoot from distance for when teams camp deep in their half or even penalty box. There were a good few occasions where murderwell forced us inside and either Davis or goldson had the ball with a sight at goal 25 yards from goal. Something we could look at in the transfer market.

It was poor defending all round. And I agree that a midfielder ahould have been tracking back. My point was in answer to omebody who wanted to totally blame Balogun.
Yes was poor,often happens as goldson gets dragged out to cover or assist Tav. No ground lost on lead at the top and hopefully is worked on during the week.

If we won today it would have dented their confidence even more than it already is. Too many fans ( any players by the look of it) have been too confident and have lost focus
As far as i'm concerned their lack of confidence is of no interest to me, what happens within that club is of no consequence because Rangers have earned the right to be where they are irrespective of any other club. As for fans being too confident, we are still 21 points ahead, we will lift the title and i doubt the players have lost focus because of a draw which does not impinge on our league position.

What about the 30 years in between? Or even back in 1992? Or before 1992? No mistakes were ever punished domestically?

Weve gone from being punished by superior teams in 1992 with nothing in between to suddenly being punished for mistakes the last few weeks.

Were always disappointed when we drop points but youre not making any sense. You need to relax, take a deep breath, have a look at the league table and give the players the benefit of the doubt that theyve earned this season. Theyve just won 15 games in a row, are unbeaten in the league and 21 points clear.
I believe we're on the same page but despite the goals against column, today was the day to ram it down the yahoos' throats. We fcuked it up. We give them a glimmer of hope when there should be none.

I see Graham Alexander has very quickly joined the moaning faced manager team, he was adamant that after watching it from every angle that Itten was offside, ably supported by the sor faced mentally challenged McFadden, O’Donnell was playing him on by a yard.
He’s the Motherwell manager, move on

I believe we're on the same page but despite the goals against column, today was the day to ram it down the yahoos' throats. We fcuked it up. We give them a glimmer of hope when there should be none.
Theyre no closer to us than they were before the weekends games. There isnt any glimmer of hope there, its still 21 points and they havent won a game this year.

We had won 15 games in a row, by the law of averages we were due to drop points. Its still disappointing but weve got ourselves into a great position and theres no reason to panic.

Without panicking, that result was coming & we got what we deserved overall - a point. First half was awful - we made an average team look much better than they are with our lacklustre approach - hard to watch.

Our better performances recently vs Celtc & Aberdeen have come after the opposition went down to 10. The excellent results have masked this aspect of the performances IMO.

For me, we still have too many not quite hitting the form they showed in the first half of the season, and some of the control & touch today was v poor.

It also shows how important Jack, Arfield & Roofe are - 3 very good players with big characters badly missed.

Good to get through another round of games without them gaining any ground, but we need to recover some of our sparkle for the next 2 games, particularly Hibs away, or we will be shipping more points am afraid..

No I disagree with you he has to shut that area off it’s basic defending once Goldson goes out he has to shuffle over and Barasic tucks in which he did. Balogun if his positioning is right shouldn’t need to stretch like he did hey every player makes mistakes the goal could have been defended better all round by Tav Goldson and Aribo also but basics of defending Helander does it better than Balogun

Some comments on here are laughable, we’d won 15 games in a row before today, we haven’t lost in the league all season. The management team and players deserve our unreserved support for what they are giving us at the moment, cheer up people!
It's the same folk who said we aren't going to go through December without dropping points yet we didn't. This team has beaten the Mhanks home and away, qualified unbeaten with a game to spare in the Europa, went on a 15 game winning streak and within 2 weeks of the mhank game have went another 5 points clear. They should be allowed the odd slip up.

A disgraceful performance? A team that's just won 15 games in a row doesnt want to keep winning?

Honest to fck. Were 21 points clear and the players have earned a bit more fckin respect this season.
I'm more than aware of how many games we have won and our points tally. For me the performance TODAY was a disgrace, it was laboured and slow, and too many players all having a very poor game all at the same time.

We should have come out of the traps and continued to build on the points we have and keep piling the pressure on Celtic.

Last edited:
Back