The negativity after dropping 2 points out of the last 48 available?

This time around I've seen more people want to highlight and comment on the negativity than actually first hand witnessing the negativity myself. Any short comments made during the 90 mins on a match thread or twitter should be taking with a pinch of salt when emotions are high.

However, if you rage at yesterday's result after the final whistle then football isn't the sport for you. Its OK to just be disappointed. We have just went on a run of 15 wins in the league! Wasn't long ago we couldn't put 3 wins together.

There has been a notable dip in performance levels since mid December but the important thing is the results have been great with the exception of St mirren where we got punished and deservedly so. We can't expect to blow the oppoments away every game.

For people who are worried, think of this.

If the season started tomorrow, even our worst teams would struggle to be 13 points behind a rampant Celtic after 14 games. So we won't throw it away. We may drop about 10 points. That'd be quite realistic but they'd have to win 17 games in a row which isnt going to happen.

We are in such a strong position. A draw yesterday was fine considering it wasn’t the best performance.

Id worry if we lost 2 or 3 on the spin but for now it’s firmly in our own hands.

Yes yesterday was a disappointing performance after the run we've been on.

But it could be argued we are now in a stronger position, we maintained the points gap and they have one less game of any chance clawing them back.

You'll always get negativity should it be from within our own support or timposters.

every title winning gers team dropped unexpected points, I can't remember one with such a big lead in Jan though, and considering the tims never actually gained any ground on us, the mini melt down by some is beyond my comprehension, I was disappointed at not winning the game yesterday, but 5 mins after the game, my mood went to, oh well no harm done, one less game to 55, next game please.

If we had won yesterday then I'd have been delighted with a pint at Easter RD.
Now it's opposite, win at Easter Rd and yesterday will be a good result.
We've had a tough 2 months, if we come out only dropping 2 points, and having extended our lead by 5 points then I'll be fuckin delighted
i was the same, come through January with 10 from 12 would have been tremendous

Even when we were 1 nil down yesterday, i never had the feeling we would ever lose the game. On the balance of play we did more than enough to win, but instead came away with a draw.
It wasn't that long ago we couldn't string 3 wins together, so a sense of perspective needs to take place.

This time around I've seen more people want to highlight and comment on the negativity than actually first hand witnessing the negativity myself. Any short comments made during the 90 mins on a match thread or twitter should be taking with a pinch of salt when emotions are high.

However, if you rage at yesterday's result after the final whistle then football isn't the sport for you. Its OK to just be disappointed. We have just went on a run of 15 wins in the league! Wasn't long ago we couldn't put 3 wins together.

There has been a notable dip in performance levels since mid December but the important thing is the results have been great with the exception of St mirren where we got punished and deservedly so. We can't expect to blow the oppoments away every game.
Exactly, the "why is everyone is so negative" is the new "one game at a time" patter.

People are frustrated that we've negotiated umpteen really tricky games, to end up dropping points at the bottom of the league team.
Especially the manner in doing so, where we played walking football for the first half and gave ourself a needless second half mountain to climb.

It's a football discussion board, ffs, if people want to say they're frustrated/worried, then they can do so without folk trying to police it. Very few folk raging afterwards that I've seen.

It also needs said that it is very unusual to go through an entire campaign without slipping up at Ibrox once to one of the jobbers. So that could yet happen as well. Hopefully not on Saturday though

Dropped points will always bring with them negativity. This is how it's always been, this is how it will always be.

Getting out the pipe and slippers is asking for trouble. It's not so much the result on Sunday, it's the performances over the last month. That result was coming. Don't rely on the beggars continually being shite.

Performances?

In the last month we have won every game apart from yesterday. Dominated every game apart from half an hour v Celtic.

We have beaten 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the league.

You don't do any of that with poor performances. Just because it's no swash buckling doesn't make it a poor performance.

The panic in here from some perennial pant wetters is to be expected. They panic about most things and post negative stuff. But there is a need to accept that will happen on a forum. But it gives hope the unwashed. If anyone had said at the start of the season we would be half way through January and only conceded 7 goals and were unbeaten we would all have laughed.

keep the head. This is different. We have a better squad and will move on.

Thing is the same folk laugh all week at the reaction from Celtic fans to their results then react in a similar fashion when it’s us

Difference being, the tims have every right to react the way they are, we don’t

Livingston at home
Motherwell away
We had the harder tie
And the crash barriers never gained a chink of light
We simply won't win every game from now till the end of the season
I'm happy we're still undefeated

Responses like this are actually every bit as bad as those wailing that we’re going to blow it, IMO.

They have the effect of trying to subdue debate which goes against the whole point of this board.

In isolation a couple of dropped points shouldn’t be any great cause for concern, but in the context of several poorer performances over the last month it becomes more so because it could signal a gradual downward trend.

Any supposedly negative comments I’ve seen since yesterday have tended to fall in this bracket for the most part.

If we simply get back on track with comfortable wins over Ross County and Hibs then the context changes and it’s a minor blip; if not, then any apprehension on here at the moment is justified.

Either way debate should always be allowed to continue.

Exactly, the "why is everyone is so negative" is the new "one game at a time" patter.

People are frustrated that we've negotiated umpteen really tricky games, to end up dropping points at the bottom of the league team.
Especially the manner in doing so, where we played walking football for the first half and gave ourself a needless second half mountain to climb.

It's a football discussion board, ffs, if people want to say they're frustrated/worried, then they can do so without folk trying to police it. Very few folk raging afterwards that I've seen.
I take it you didn't,see harrogate's thread yesterday then?It was an utter embarrassment and a steaming pile of pish and shite.

The last time we dropped points (Hibs in September...) posters on here were throwing all sorts at Gerrard and talking about the league being over.

I wonder under what circumstances some people think that getting a draw is not the end of the world?

I agree that OTT negativity isn't justified & neither does it help in any way

Looking at yesterday's game - the worst aspect for me was the fact that game was there for the taking

So in many respects we beat ourselves
(I know it was a draw btw)
We didn't drop points because they were a superior team to us or even because they played well enough to earn a draw

That in itself makes it difficult to avoid negativity imo
Isn't it just the nature of being a fan ?

Criticism is best when it's constructive - not negative - but there's always a fine line between them - so it's inevitable results like yesterday's bring out the less than positive viewpoints

Not really anything to be too concerned about imo

Personally I’m just disappointed we dropped points against bottom of the league Motherwell when we had a good opportunity to create an even bigger gap. Not the end of the world but certainly would have liked a better performance/result.

Not on the match thread yesterday?
the thrust of the negative comments were when we were playing abysmally and people rightly pointing out how shite we were playing

we then equalised and nobody from what i could see had a major issue with that. we go into the next round of fixtures in exactly the same position - so far all i'm seeing is people starting threads talking about how negative people are being, when i personally havent seen any form of negative reflection on the match

Kent and Aribo have been rotten for weeks and something needs to change. but we have 3 key players coming back in with Jack, Arfield and Roofe. that's been the general message and also highlighted on the H&H post match analysis last night - and i tend to find they are typically bang on with their conclusions

i havent seen any negative hysteria that people are claiming there to have been. folk on the match thread were just highlighting that we were fucking garbage yesterday, which for the first circa 60 minutes, we were. it was dismal until we started to press in the last 30 mins or so. what's wrong with highlighting that?

Not negativity so much as a warning. I think the vast majority of the criticism has just been constructive and fans giving their opinion on what is wrong and what should be done to fix it. When points are dropped against the bottom of the league team, there will always be discussion and surely this is the place for it? I think judging by the manager’s post match interview, he feels much the same.

the thrust of the negative comments were when we were playing abysmally and people rightly pointing out how shite we were playing

we then equalised and nobody from what i could see had a major issue with that. we go into the next round of fixtures in exactly the same position - so far all i'm seeing is people starting threads talking about how negative people are being, when i personally havent seen any form of negative reflection on the match

Kent and Aribo have been rotten for weeks and something needs to change. but we have 3 key players coming back in with Jack, Arfield and Roofe. that's been the general message and also highlighted on the H&H post match analysis last night - and i tend to find they are typically bang on with their conclusions

i havent seen any negative hysteria that people are claiming there to have been. folk on the match thread were just highlighting that we were fucking garbage yesterday, which for the first circa 60 minutes, we were. it was dismal until we started to press in the last 30 mins or so. what's wrong with highlighting that?
Using words like abysmal, fucking shite and dismal after 15 straight wins is laughable and imo is hysteria.

Some folk on here just revel in being negative. They can’t wait to get a thread up about things being bad. Don’t see many positive threads from these people. Yesterday was a tough game and we fought hard to get back into it and got a point. We move on to the next game in an unbelievably good position in the league and that should not be forgotten.

Haven't seen too much negativity, with everything negativity seems to have a louder voice but the reality is very different.

Not negativity so much as a warning. I think the vast majority of the criticism has just been constructive and fans giving their opinion on what is wrong and what should be done to fix it. When points are dropped against the bottom of the league team, there will always be discussion and surely this is the place for it? I think judging by the manager’s post match interview, he feels much the same.
Motherwell are a better team than their league position suggests. They also have a new manager which usually lifts a team.

You're only as good as your last game when playing for us but I think a wee bit of common sense is needed with some of our supporters.

I haven’t seen anyone panicking.

However, last week the so-called ‘OGAAT brigade‘ were being mocked by those who wanted to celebrate 55 now.

Comparisons with the 9IAR years and the number of consecutive wins (we didn’t win the league title in 1972-73 when we set it) are irrelevant. Standards have changed.

It’s not over until it’s over.

Celtic dropped only 10 points last year and are capable of an unbeaten run themselves. That’s the way we must look at it.

Using words like abysmal, fucking shite and dismal after 15 straight wins is laughable and imo is hysteria.
cool. we were great yesterday.

as mentioned, im relaxed about yesterday and we are in the same position as we were pre weekend. you can carry on being raging at people who are apparently being negative, i havent seen it though.

cheers!

as I said in the 93/94 season thread, can you imagine if FF was around when you see the final league table for that season?

we won the league by 3pts and drew 14 games of 44 :D I noticed people saying "we are off form" and "we need to pressure Celtic" obviously we wanted to win against Motherwell yesterday but 15 wins out of 16 is beyond anything any of us could have imagined from our team even a year ago. We are not going to win every game, that's not how football works

cool. we were great yesterday.

as mentioned, im relaxed about yesterday and we are in the same position as we were pre weekend. you can carry on being raging at people who are apparently being negative, i havent seen it though.

cheers!
Cheers

Im not raging at anyone. You're the one using abysmal, shite, garbage and dismal to describe a performance you were seemingly ok with
Hope you aren't a motivational speaker.
Have a good day

We didnt lose.

How we react to this is the important bit.

It was the same after we did lose to St Mirren. Everyone was thinking "here we go".

It's mental to think we have a MINIMUM 12 point lead going into the final 14 games of the season and we are still spooked over a draw at Fir Park.

Nine games to the split (Twelve games for them). Let's see where we are at after this next run of nine games.

I expect a good reaction from the team and would reckon that picking up anything above 22 points from the next 27 available would be about right. Drop six points or more from now to the split and we MIGHT be under pressure depending on how they manage to do in their twelve games.

It's still a bit unpredictable and the nature of the SPL means that you can't really rule out the tims going on a lengthy winning run. On the other hand it seems more likely that we would be the ones to win 9 or 10 games back to back from here.

One game at a time though. :)

I don't personally think that the fall out has been over the top, but we were playing the team at the bottom of the league. I actually don't blame the management team for the result. Too many players were off it and either thought they would stroll the game or think they can coast the league. For me personally it was the players application. There's no point in beating Dolly and the scum to drop points to the bottom team. Winning breeds confidence. We should have been winners yesterday. I think that's why folk are annoyed.

Back