Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV - Hibs cleared by SFA

No being funny but how rubbish a club are you when you need to get 'celebrity' fans to do your pundrity? As for those comments I've no doubt the club will be Al over them

So far he has said

"Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and sent to all corners of the globe"

He referred to us as "The Current Buns"

and he has just said "a great thing about closed doors football is no away fans, not needing to listen to that sectarian nonsense"

Shocking stuff.

If it’s true then it’s beyond a disgrace.

Swap the subject of those comments from Morelos to Neil Lennon and there would be all hell to pay.

i officially don’t care what Irvine Welsh says about literally anything. I don’t like people who pretend to be offended and i don’t like the idea that words are treated the same as actual violence and actual crime. Someone even brought BLM into it, thereby invoking racism, shouting “Full House” and winning tonights’s bingo
Fcuks sales mate, take a breath and just think for a second why the majority think this outrageous.

I kind of get some of what you're saying; I'm no fussed about Irvine Welsh, or any other non-Rangers person to be honest. I read plenty on social media and it registers not a jot...

....but this is someone (doesn't actually matter who) on Hibs official TV. No some crappy Twitter or whatever. There club channel.

Just for a second, imagine if RTV was full pelt and any one of our pundits said anything remotely like this....guarantee there would be outrage.

I am offended, genuinely offended, that an official platform broadcast this drivel. I'm not normally bothered, and it's of course fine for you not to be, but don't arbitrate on the right for others to call this out.

Why is anyone on here watching Hibs TV?

Someone who knows only one Hibs supporter,him, describes a Hibs supporter as a Celtic supporter without hope

If that sort of output is on an official club media platform, wether it be tv, the match programme etc, surely the club can face an official sanction?

Yes. Surely. He is employed in an official capacity so acting on behalf of the club.

ok and if some Rangers celeb fan pitched up on RTV and said the same what would you say?

“Obviously OTT for effect by well known OTT controversialist” or would you be wasting polis time on Twitter?
I expect a higher standard from Rangers, I don’t expect something so blatant and lacking in guile.

If there is a standard of decency to be maintained then everyone should be held to the same standard. People can’t get away with things just because they’re an insignificant club. They wouldn’t allow us to get away with it.

If Robert Carlyle (well known rangers fan) was on RTV and said;

‘scott brown should be chopped up with. Machete and sent to every corner of the globe’

‘The crash barriers’

‘I’m happy I don’t have to listen to that sectarian pro ira singing all night’

Front page news for sure.

Notwithstanding that he’s clearly a cnut, this is part of the problem with Scottish football.

RTV have gone out our way to get quality co-commentators and studio guests to make the product entertaining and informative.

Hibs TV have some jakey author who’s first language is leith Ned.

It's a cultural cold war. They seek to delegitimize us and push the envelope in every interaction when they can and we should push it back. Every yard of turf we can advance by nipping Rangers haters in the bud and promoting our own kind..we should take it. Even if it's the smallest of yards..it all adds up.

I don't even give a monkeys about the rights and wrongs of it. This is war and we should be taking any chances. As many tims and the republicans we can get sacked the better. Narrow the bounds of what they can get away.

We have fans jailed for singing a song but you think saying a player should be chopped up with a machete is ok...what fuckin hope have we got?
You need to have a good look yourself
My thoughts exactly . It's not so much what he's said that offending or annoying people , it's the fact that you can bet yer arse if it was us or anything to do with us then most of the filth And media scum in this country would be up in arms spewing over it until action was taken.

Last edited:
If this is proven to be correct, the club should be dealing the hardest hit they’ve ever dealt.

Murray never backed us but I expect this current board to do so.

My thoughts exactly . It's not so much what he's said that offending or annoying people , it's the fact that you can bet yer arse if it was us or anything to do with us then most of filth
And media scum in this country would be up in arms spewing over it until action was taken.
We need video proof..

There’s one thing hating Rangers and making comments, that’s absolutely fine.

But this is a step too far. It’s disgusting hate speech.

Get him called out, and well done for highlighting op. If someone on rangers tv came out with the equivalent we'd never hear the end of it .

i officially don’t care what Irvine Welsh says about literally anything. I don’t like people who pretend to be offended and i don’t like the idea that words are treated the same as actual violence and actual crime. Someone even brought BLM into it, thereby invoking racism, shouting “Full House” and winning tonights’s bingo
Who says people are pretending? Dont you think it was a vile thing to say?

So far he has said

"Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and sent to all corners of the globe"

He referred to us as "The Current Buns"

and he has just said "a great thing about closed doors football is no away fans, not needing to listen to that sectarian nonsense"

Shocking stuff.
Daily update today stated that our media team would be all over stuff like this.

Glad we finally have people working for the club who will follow this up.

Back