Not a stamp for me

I hope Rangers are ready, co has been nowhere to be seen lately therefore I hope Rangers have other footage including popcorn bringing the game in to disrepute.

Given what the CO a has ignored in previous incidents the club need to fight this up coming ban. The SFA are a joke but we need to stop the Rangers only CO bullshit

In real time it doesn’t look bad

McGeegor said after the game Clancy said he seen the incident and didn’t see any intent and it was accidental

Now if CO cites Alfie the UEFA rules state that the referee is the ultimate arbitrator and Clancy can’t pull the “I didn’t see it” pish that Madden done with Alan McGregor v Lewis Ferguson

Saw it in normal play once and then a few times from different angles. It looked reckless the first time and ever after.

Maybe he looked at the ball and tried to reclaim it, maybe he was on payback mission. He sure hit the player in a way that could and should have been avoided.

So, IMHO, a yellow card.

We know what will happen though. The shadow cabal will cite Alfredo. Clancy will be asked to review it, say he didn`t see it correctly and they will hand out a 2-game suspension. As per usual, we won`t debate this.

The main bone of contention remains the fact that we have seen similar and worse incidients (even in this thread) where next to nothing has happened afterwards. THAT is where the club needs to get its act together, as well as the clubs whose players get mauled by the Scum et al. You can`t have the pendulum swing only one way, or, to put it differently, never in the way of the Scum.
Watching this viseo, in real time, to me Alfredo tries to trap the ball, and it comes off Porteus leg and he misses it. It looks worse in slo mo but so %^*&.

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?
Slow motion defo makes it look worse than it is.

Watching this viseo, in real time, to me Alfredo tries to trap the ball, and it comes off Porteus leg and he misses it. It looks worse in slo mo but so %^*&.
Yeah OK

I thought it was a stamp last night, seeing that angle, I agree, his foot is coming down to trap the ball and Porteous knee comes in, hits the ball away and his foot lands on him. Changed my mind!

Is Clerr still in the job or has she left yet?

Yeah OK

I thought it was a stamp last night, seeing that angle, I agree, his foot is coming down to trap the ball and Porteous knee comes in, hits the ball away and his foot lands on him. Changed my mind!

Is Clerr still in the job or has she left yet?
She'll be lifting the lid off her coffin as we speak. Let's be honest, that's why she's there. He's already guilty in the eyes of many due to his "previous"

It's funny how when sky replayed the incident 674 times they only show this angle once.

Having just seen it on TV, I think it probably was. You can bet, however, that Clerr is rising from her crypt to cite him......

First things first, “stamp” is the wrong word anyway so any bear using that needs their head checked, it wasn’t in any way, shape or form a ‘stamp’.

Secondly, we need to get real and be honest with ourselves and admit that Morelos has intentionally put his studs on the player. He’s done it before, I’m one of his biggest fans but he’s clearly got a problem and is a little bit unhinged at times because he just keeps doing it. But it wasn’t any sort of violent stamp and it’s no worse than what Scott Brown’s been doing regularly for over a decade in this league.
Exactly this.

Was it a dangerous “stamp”? No. Not my any definition. Did it deserve a red? No. Was he lucky not to get a yellow? Yes, very.

Did Alfie know what he was doing? Yes. Of course he did. If you’re denying that then you’re indulging in self-delusion.

Was it needless and stupid? Yes.

Did Sky’s commentary fucktards ramp it up into something way more than it was? Of course they did. It’s Crocker and Walker, they’re twats. Did they all but ignore McGregor’s similarly needless and stupid act? Of course they did, again, they’re twats.

Will Alfie be cited and banned? I’m sure he will, the narrative demands it. Will McGregor, Brown or Eduoard be cited? Of course not.

Last edited:
It’s stampier than a stampy thing in stamperland.

That said, the reaction has been nothing short of scandalous.

Happens week-in, week-out in the game.

Problem is he does himself no favours due to his past and thats all they focus on now with alfie i can see why it could have been red lastnight but i also think the way the ball bounces he tried to control it ach i dunno who cares 55 here we come

Problem is he does himself no favours due to his past and thats all they focus on now with alfie i can see why it could have been red lastnight but i also think the way the ball bounces he tried to control it ach i dunno who cares 55 here we come btw how many times did sky commentary mention ffs disgrace

It is quite funny the amount of people saying it wasn't a stamp, which it clearly was.

It's a pity morelos can't rid this sort of thing from his game.

It's a stamp. The other way about and I'm screaming for a red card.

The problem is for Morelos he no longer has benefit of the doubt given his stupidity over the years.

Yet again, if he's caught then he'd have been off the park in the first half. How many times are we going to excuse his complete refusal to pack this crap in ?

For all his undoubted talents, I honestly don't see how we can continue like this with him long term. Tannadice was six weeks ago and here we are again with him pulling this shit.

Win the title, let him have his moment and then come summer, cut the cord and let someone else deal with the hassle surrounding him.

Last edited:

The problem is for Morelos he no longer has benefit of the doubt given his stupidity over the years.

Yet again, if he's caught then he'd have been off the park in the first half. How many times are we going to excuse his complete refusal to pack this crap in ?

For all his undoubted talents, I honestly don't see how we can continue like this with him long term. Tannadice was six weeks ago and here we are again with him pulling this shit.

Win the title, let him have his moment and then come summer, cut the cord and let someone else deal with the hassle surrounding him.
I agree, a striker who rarely scores, missed 2 glaring chances to put the game to bed, I think Roofe and Itten should be playing as first choices

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?

No, it's not just you - it is also the view of the referee.

He saw the incident and came to the same conclusion as intimated by Darren McGregor who spoke to Clancy immediately after the incident.

Under those circumstances I do believe a player cannot be cited (except for the unwritten rule that applies to Rangers' palyers and Alfie in particular).

There are a litany of similar incidents by those in green and white which never got 'punished' so if our player does get cited I hope we defend him to the hilt.

I agree, a striker who rarely scores, missed 2 glaring chances to put the game to bed, I think Roofe and Itten should be playing as first choices
A striker who rarely scores! That's not true now is it?

For me it was a red card, despite the gymnastics going on in here to defend him. The match thread was pretty unanimous at the time in saying that he was daft and lucky to escape punishment.

There's no doubting that if it was Brown there would've been 1 replay and swept under the carpet never to be heard of again but that doesn't excuse Alfie from yet again putting himself in the position to be ridiculed.

What's that got to do with It?
Pointing out the inconsistency! Others get away with murder,Alfie farts on someone and it's everywhere for next week or two. It's a fucking witch hunt!
If they want to ban him fine,but where's the bans for the rest!? Or you quite happy for our players getting this kind of treatment?

No, it's not just you - it is also the view of the referee.

He saw the incident and came to the same conclusion as intimated by Darren McGregor who spoke to Clancy immediately after the incident.

Under those circumstances I do believe a player cannot be cited (except for the unwritten rule that applies to Rangers' palyers and Alfie in particular).

There are a litany of similar incidents by those in green and white which never got 'punished' so if our player does get cited I hope we defend him to the hilt.
We really should lawyer up with it.

Yellow card at worst!
Watch it again! Alfie clearly follows the ball,the wee thug Porteous is rolling at the same time. There's no force at all..now look at McGregor's,his whole body weight is on Kamara!

Follow Morelos’s eyes in that video, he only has eyes for the ball and isnt even looking at that mong’s leg.

Luckily for us life isnt in slow motion and the incident can only be viewed in real time, didnt we get shafted before on those basis?

Clancy although useless at times is a professional referee and he admitted to a Hibs player it wasnt intentional and no excess force was used. Given his past with us and Alfie if there was any doubt Alfie meant it he would have been 100% sent, the fact he wasnt for me means it was a nothing incident and one of those things.

I love the wee man but it was an intentional stamp for me. He guides his foot onto his leg but was trying to make it look clumsy and accidental. Probably in response to the first min challenge from Porteous.
It was a risky thing to do and we would have been up in arms had he been red carded for it and it cost us the game. I’m not coming down hard on Alfie though since the likes of Brown and Porteous do this kind of thing every other week it seems.

I think the language they use in these incidences is misleading.
What Morelos did was step on Porteous’s leg - which he shouldn’t have done. If the rules were from common sense then yellow card him for being threatening/ over aggressive and needlessly making contact with the player - a bit like doing the big push to the chest or locking horns with another player which does no real harm but can’t be allowed to go unpunished.
An actual viscous stamp WOULD cause harm and should be a straight red. I don’t know what the actual rule says and to what extend the ref gets to interpret what happened.
Similarly McGregor steps on Glen Kamara the only difference being he was off balance and couldn’t avoid his foot coming down where it did. Alfie deliberately stepped on Porteous - but then one of the papers has a still of seconds before when Porteous’s studs are making contact with Alfie’s shin, which probably provoked the step on. It looks bad coughy as a photograph as does Alfie’s step.
Absolutely love Alfredo. Wish he could hold back from retaliating like this. The headlines should be about our superb goal.

Morelos got lucky with that one, lets be honest
True, it wasn't a stamp, but he could easily have NOT done it, i wish he wouldn't do these things, it cuts his value significantly.
Maybe the definition of "stamp" is required. I would say a stamp is when the knee is raised to hip height or higher then thrust down with force, i don't think Alfie did that (he may have thought about it and changed his mind midway), so if it was a stamp, it was a 3rd class.

Last edited:
Morelos got lucky with that one, lets be honest

For me whether you think it was a stamp or not if the referee had got the red card out you couldn't have too many complaints.

That said there's been plenty of occasions when we've been hard done to so to get one in our favour for once is nothing short of a miracle.

She'll be lifting the lid off her coffin as we speak. Let's be honest, that's why she's there. He's already guilty in the eyes of many due to his "previous"

It's funny how when sky replayed the incident 674 times they only show this angle once.

The angle from behind the ‘Hibs end goal’ shows Morelos turning his foot to the side, as his weight comes down.

If he wanted to hurt the wee ned, he wouldn’t have done that CLF.

In real time I thought it was a stamp, now after reading the OP and seeing replays I can see that Alfie was trying to control the ball.
In hindsight, it wasn't a deliberate stamp but could anyone really have blamed the ref had he pulled out the red card? Remember he doesn't have the benefit of seeing the incident several times.

I think it's truly astonishing that Kevin Clancy's interpretation of an incident is being held up as some kind of morally superior position.

It's Clancy, FFS :D

Whether it's red or not, it's doesn't really support the idea that referees are bending over to help ra Cellic.

Clear stamp, clear red card but hey ho, some you win and some you don’t, he will get a retrospective ban which shows how stupid the boy can be, as it turns out in relation to the title it won’t matter but it could have, and for that reason is why AM can never be classed as truly top class. Missing chances is forgivable, not being on the park to miss them due to petulance is unforgivable, thank the good lord that Roofe is fit.

Fuckin hell, what an embarrassing lack of self awareness. If you walked in on him climbing off your Mrs you'd help finish him off.

No amount of 'look at his eyes, man' or whataboutery changes the fact Morelos once again doesn't give a %^*& about the bigger picture, the gaffer who's backed him or learned from his catalogue of mistakes. Time and time again he let's us down, with another lucky break not to be sent off.

Give me Roofe ahead of him every time. The ball sticks to him, reads the game superbly and has none of the self sabotage.

Morelos is an embarrassing sideshow that no matter how important the game he gets sent off in, how many reds he dodges, enough time passes and history is rewritten.
Embarrassing sideshow you say.

Think I left my kettle next to my black pot, off to make a cup of tea.

Thank you.

I think it was a stamp, I’m just sorry he didn’t leave RP on the turf!!

Horrible dirty ba*tard of a player and Morelos has taken sh*te off all season!!

It’s stampier than a stampy thing in stamperland.

That said, the reaction has been nothing short of scandalous.

Happens week-in, week-out in the game.
Except it’s 100% not a stamp. You just look daft claiming that stepping on someone is definitely a stamp when they are 2 different things.

But knock yourself out being obtuse and looking daft.

That comment is stupider that a stupid thing in stupidland. ;)

Last edited:

Yep. Since he hit the player on the ground nonetheless, its still reckless, so - given we are in Scotland - Clancy should probably handed out a yellow card.

On a sidenote, you would hope Rangers tell Sky that Crocker will be a persona non grata for the rest of the season at Ibrox. You can go about your business in a professional way and given what he did yesterday, he needs replaced. Enough games in Scotland outside Ibrox where he can spill his bile.

Back