Rangers TV on Amazon Firestick

You can side load the RangersTV app onto a fire stick.

Step by step instructions previously listed by @Bishy Bear

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:
  1. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the Rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/y6ejez8p
  2. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  3. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below links in downloader as before, dependent on which Fire stick/tv device you have: Mouse Toggle 1.11 for Fire TV 1, Fire TV 2, Fire TV Stick 1, Fire TV Stick 2, Fire TV Cube: troypoint.com/mouse Mouse Toggle 1.06 for Fire TV 3, Fire TV Edition: troypoint.com/mouse106
  4. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional videos on YouTube)
  5. Open RTV app and login using top left then clicking login and logging in with your account details. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  6. Once logged in, click on fixtures at the top
  7. Then click on today’s game (not live yet), then click “video” when prompted.
  8. The game will launch however you will get an error. Simply click ok twice and the game will begin playing.
  9. Click full screen and the video will go full screen.
Thank you works great

You can side load the RangersTV app onto a fire stick.

Step by step instructions previously listed by @Bishy Bear

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:
  1. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the Rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/y6ejez8p
  2. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  3. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below links in downloader as before, dependent on which Fire stick/tv device you have: Mouse Toggle 1.11 for Fire TV 1, Fire TV 2, Fire TV Stick 1, Fire TV Stick 2, Fire TV Cube: troypoint.com/mouse Mouse Toggle 1.06 for Fire TV 3, Fire TV Edition: troypoint.com/mouse106
  4. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional videos on YouTube)
  5. Open RTV app and login using top left then clicking login and logging in with your account details. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  6. Once logged in, click on fixtures at the top
  7. Then click on today’s game (not live yet), then click “video” when prompted.
  8. The game will launch however you will get an error. Simply click ok twice and the game will begin playing.
  9. Click full screen and the video will go full screen.
Sounds even more fussy than just using the Silk Browser

I have watched it through the silk browser with no problems.
At the risk of asking a damn stupid question, HE, I tried to watch Saturday's RTV coverage on Silk on the Firestick - on a Samsung TV - but I couldn't get the thing to zoom out to show the whole screen.

What am I missing?

At the risk of asking a damn stupid question, HE, I tried to watch Saturday's RTV coverage on Silk on the Firestick - on a Samsung TV - but I couldn't get the thing to zoom out to show the whole screen.

What am I missing?
I’m a novice on Fire TV Stick, only used it once. I found that in order to get the option on the RangersTV bottom menu bar that allows you to go Full Screen I had to use the top menu bar on the Silk browser and select to ‘Go to Desktop site’ before loading. Don’t take that as read but it was the way I managed to do it.

What am I missing?
Might be the same issue I have with Firefox on the Fire Stick - you need to click on the video window (which will pause the video) and you'll then see the wee full screen icon in the bottom right and can click it. Might need to then click the video again to play it.

What am I missing?
If the previous suggestion doesn't work try post #16

I’m a novice on Fire TV Stick, only used it once. I found that in order to get the option on the RangersTV bottom menu bar that allows you to go Full Screen I had to use the top menu bar on the Silk browser and select to ‘Go to Desktop site’ before loading. Don’t take that as read but it was the way I managed to do it.
Might be the same issue I have with Firefox on the Fire Stick - you need to click on the video window (which will pause the video) and you'll then see the wee full screen icon in the bottom right and can click it. Might need to then click the video again to play it.
If the previous suggestion doesn't work try post #16
Thanks guys. I started messing about with it about 15 minutes before kickoff, got nowhere, then just went back to watching it on my desktop!

I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks guys. I started messing about with it about 15 minutes before kickoff, got nowhere, then just went back to watching it on my desktop!

I'll give it another go tomorrow.
Ha ha, I got the Fire TV Stick thinking I’d watch it on the tv but only did it once. It worked well enough once I’d sorted teething problems but, to be blunt, I found the picture better via my Desktop.

Will try again later in the season once things are wrapped up.

This is what I have to do.

Will the new app work on the firestick? If so can the app be downloaded from Play store or does it need the apk to be sideloaded?

Apologies, couldn't see anything on the recent threads.

Will the new app work on the firestick? If so can the app be downloaded from Play store or does it need the apk to be sideloaded?

Apologies, couldn't see anything on the recent threads.
Nope, you cannot download it from Play Store. And even sideloaded the new App won't, currently, work on Firestick.

Silk browser.

Last edited:
I've used that all season. Now since they've decided to do something in middle of the season that could've waited until summer the test videos ain't working for me on that browser no matter what I do.
Have you signed up for the new account or trying to log in under your previous details?

I've used that all season. Now since they've decided to do something in middle of the season that could've waited until summer the test videos ain't working for me on that browser no matter what I do.
@Craig McColl not sure if you are still watching the 'Problems' thread but poster @Gers55 came up with a workaround for some issues he was having playing videos (the dreaded white Up Next bar at the bottom of the screen) that seems to work.

On Fire TV Stick, try this mate:

Log in to RangersTV Home page and then scroll down to where it says Matches and click on All, over on the right hand side. That takes you to page where all the fixtures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that fixture, like Away Days, Managers Post Match Reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.

Worth keeping an eye on the thread:

Problems logging into RTV | Page 26 | FollowFollow.com

Last edited:
@Craig McColl not sure if you are still watching the 'Problems' thread but poster @Gers55 came up with a workaround for some issues he was having playing videos (the dreaded white bar at the bottom of the screen) that seems to work.

On Fire TV Stick, try this mate:

Log in to RangersTV Home page and then scroll down to where it says Matches and click on All, over on the right hand side. That takes you to page where all the fixtures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that, like Away Days, Managers Post Match Reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.

Worth keeping an eye on the thread:

Problems logging into RTV | Page 26 | FollowFollow.com
Will give it a bash cheers mate.

I’d check out VB’s post above then to see if that helps.
Aye just going to give it a bash. Thing is I need to talk a 68 year old luddite through this in my dad. I really do think this is a poor show from Rangers doing it now in the middle of this season with everyone VST and a lockdown. Older supporters will need a bit of help certainly did at start of the season and technically you're not meant to go for a visit just now to help them. Wrong time to do it and plenty won't see anything Wednesday night.

Aye just going to give it a bash. Thing is I need to talk a 68 year old luddite through this in my dad. I really do think this is a poor show from Rangers doing it now in the middle of this season with everyone VST and a lockdown. Older supporters will need a bit of help certainly did at start of the season and technically you're not meant to go for a visit just now to help them. Wrong time to do it and plenty won't see anything Wednesday night.
Good luck mate.
Might be worth installing another browser too and see if you have any better luck on that.

TV bro browser is tol notch for firestick comes with built in virtual mouse
Good info mate, I’ll look into that one for myself.
hopefully it’ll also work on Nvidia Shield as the app isn’t compatible with it.
I watched the Hibs game using Downloader browser but wasn’t the best quality picture.

I've logged in no problem on Silk browser but when I try to watch Hibs highlights it comes on but with no sound, them when I press unmute it takes me off the game.

Watched all the vst games on this and never had any issues before.

I've logged in no problem on Silk browser but when I try to watch Hibs highlights it comes on but with no sound, them when I press unmute it takes me off the game.

Start playing the video. Immediately Pause it. The bottom menu bar will appear. Click on Full Screen icon and it will enlarge and also unmute.

Only need to do that with videos and highlights etc. For live games just move cursor to bottom of screen until same menu bar appears and go Full Screen to unmute.

Reactions: M@x
Seems odd the app won't work on the firestick, so many people use them these days. Hopefully looked at for the future. Browser is fine but the dedicated app would obviously be better.

Had that problem numerous times that why I changed to TV bro.

Scroll down to bottom right hand corner and select the option to go full screen. That sets the video to fit the screen and also umutes at the same time.

Tried on silk and Firefox but I can't view any of the videos the up next banner at the bottom is blocking the play button

Manged to get it sorted very fiddly.

It's like a guessing game trying to unmute then full screen.

Hope it's improved by Wednesday night I can't see it but.

Manged to get it sorted very fiddly.

It's like a guessing game trying to unmute then full screen.

Hope it's improved by Wednesday night I can't see it but.
Don’t try to unmute first mate. Select full screen first and the video is unmuted automatically. I just tried this in TV Bro on both Shield and Firestick 4K and both videos played full screen with sound with one click.

How does it get around the white Up Next bar at the bottom that obscures the Play button unless you use the workaround in post #9 mate?
Up Next banner is still there.
When I click on the Matches link and go to the videos that way, it’s fine.
It’s only when going into Collections that happens :rolleyes:
Not ideal, but working for me for watching live games.

Start playing the video. Immediately Pause it. The bottom menu bar will appear. Click on Full Screen icon and it will enlarge and also unmute.

Only need to do that with videos and highlights etc. For live games just move cursor to bottom of screen until same menu bar appears and go Full Screen to unmute.
First time I've watched highlights on the firestick tbh, never had the problem watching live games.

Cheers.

Back