The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

They desperately needed some centre back cover with all their injuries, £2m is nothing and at worst they will be able to sell him and probably make a profit when the injuries ease
Yeah it makes sense from that point of view, I just would have thought with Liverpool's resources, appeal etc. they'd have picked up some international CB that's maybe fell out of favour at their club rather than a player from a mid table championship side who (let's be honest) hardly anyone outside of preston will have any knowledge of.

Yeah it makes sense from that point of view, I just would have thought with Liverpool's resources, appeal etc. they'd have picked up some international CB that's maybe fell out of favour at their club rather than a player from a mid table championship side who (let's be honest) hardly anyone outside of preston will have any knowledge of.
They spent £26m today on Kabak to play defence.

There’s a homegrown quota in the PL that he’ll meet too

Ozan Kabak from Schalke signing for them as well

I know his family played for them, he is allegedly a St Mirren fan though.

The guy who told me (reliable) did caveat that by emphasising the word “allegedly” so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was.
A mate of mine used to be in St Mirren youths with him and as a result I ended up with him on my Xbox pals. Never came across as bitter tbf but his FIFA Ultimate Team kits were always scum ones.

Ridiculous reference I know!

Matip out for the season.

Makes sense they've signed 2 central defenders.

They have. They got Kabak as well.

I dont disagree mate, just puzzling signing a Preston cb. They'd have been as well picking up Edmondson for the same money :D
Think he's a decent player tbh glad he never went to them.

Get what your saying though they had the whole transfer window knowing they needed a cb so why not go for a world class level player.

How brutal is deadline day on Sky.
Going to all these reporters standing freezing outside the stadium of a club they’ve said for hours are doing no more business.

Think he's a decent player tbh glad he never went to them.

Get what your saying though they had the whole transfer window knowing they needed a cb so why not go for a world class level player.
Think it’s only just come out how bad Matips injury is to be fair, Jan not the easiest window for proper big signings either

How brutal is deadline day on Sky.
Going to all these reporters standing freezing outside the stadium of a club they’ve said for hours are doing no more business.
It's been a busted flush for years most teams won't splash the cash and the same deadline day nonsense is regurgitated pish from start to finish.

It's been a busted flush for years most teams won't splash the cash and the same deadline day nonsense is regurgitated pish from start to finish.
Been some amount of loan deals today and the usual big hitters not splashing the cash.

Be interesting to see the comparison of money spent last January compared to this year.

Back