I'm making this up as I need attention: Spiers is heading back to the Herald as head of sport

Will the last person to leave the building please turn off the lights.
Totally agree. It looks like they are speeding up the inevitable. Putting a journalist with the pedigree of a mongrel in charge is suicidal. The next appointment will be Hegarty. I feel sorry for all the people who will lose their jobs, but when you sleep with the dogs , you should expect to get fleas.

Totally agree. It looks like they are speeding up the inevitable. Putting a journalist with the pedigree of a mongrel in charge is suicidal. The next appointment will be Hegarty. I feel sorry for all the people who will lose their jobs, but when you sleep with the dogs , you should expect to get fleas.
As long as we don’t lift his ban, he’s a dirty cowardly lying piece of garbage

Who would make that decision at the Sellik Herald?
I assume he has a friend on the board of directors or owners?

was it not the herald who heavily invested and promoted Angela haggerty then speirs left after defending her and calling out Rangers execs for sectarianism he couldn't justify?

Looks like he is staying put at The Times.

Herald management wouldn't burst the bank and an attempt to play them off against the Times backfired when he was told he was free to go and they'd start looking for a replacement.

Cap in hand he had to go back and say he was staying. Shoogly nail time.

Herald management wouldn't burst the bank and an attempt to play them off against the Times backfired when he was told he was free to go and they'd start looking for a replacement.

When will editors wake up ? I have never bought a paper knowingly when he contributes.

Don't know how I missed this when first posted.

My friend there has heard nothing about any plan to hire spiers, there is no budget for any high profile appointments.

Mind you my friend doesn't have much dealing with the sports dept.

The Herald and Herald on Sunday are not rags in the same league as the record or the sun.

My friend there has heard nothing about any plan to hire spiers, there is no budget for any high profile appointments.

The Herald and Herald on Sunday are not rags in the same league as the record or the sun.
But Rags none the less.

How many people read this rhag at the last count it was just over twenty thousand. It will soon disappear same with most of them.

How is this joke of a journalist still getting decent positions in the industry? Makes a complete mockery of the mainstream media.

No wonder fan media is becoming more prevalent.

During my recent travels to the Mhanks forums to enjoy their pain, several times they claimed that the Herald was a very pro-Rangers tabloid. I think this appointment would prove how utterly ridiculous that notion is.
These lunatics still refer to the Record as the Daily Ranger. That's right, the same rhag that has a financial tie up with their own club.

Mentally diseased doesn't come close to covering it.

How is this joke of a journalist still getting decent positions in the industry? Makes a complete mockery of the mainstream media.

No wonder fan media is becoming more prevalent.

During my recent travels to the Mhanks forums to enjoy their pain, several times they claimed that the Herald was a very pro-Rangers tabloid. I think this appointment would prove how utterly ridiculous that notion is.
It is in the dna of a football fan that if a journalist writes something in any way negative about our team then that jouno is branded a hater.

I do agree that spiers has an agenda but the Herald as a whole is not a bad paper. A lot of the unionist websites have plenty links to good fair writing in the herald.

looking to get new columnists for sport, entertainment a new politics.

Personally I don’t think it will work.

Didn't he try that years ago with the Record, when he was a Herald hack?

I seem to recall it backfired on him then as well

was it not the herald who heavily invested and promoted Angela haggerty then speirs left after defending her and calling out Rangers execs for sectarianism he couldn't justify?
They sacked her too, then reinstated her, then eventually sacked her again. Wasn't she the editor at the Herald? If she was she must be the worst editor in the paper's history.

One of their former editors did. He is no longer an editor. Haggerty is not respected at the Herald. She was given every help and guidance on how to write properly and she blew it and the threw it back in their faces by claiming she was a victim and never supported.

The leopard can't change it's spots! Odious Creep maintains his irredeemable sense of self-worth, despite all the evidence to the contrary, what a delusional dick he is.

I'm also hearing they are hiring Lesley Riddoch and Billy Sloan amongst others to boost sales. :confused:
I went out with Sloan's cousin in the early 80s when he had a column in the Sunday Mail (I think).
None of her family talked to him because he was "an insufferable pr ick".

Gvc6jbf.gif

Don't think so.

A lot of good content in there if you take your football specs off.
There is far better and more honest opinions and news storys to be found online than there is any rag.

If they made them a bit more comfy to wipe your arse with i think they would sell more.

S

SNP Republican propaganda sheet unfortunately
The herald is far from that. If you check out the unionist websites out there you will see many link to herald stories.

All the yessers there work for the national which is a rag.

They asked my friend to go work for them but my mate was having none of it.

These lunatics still refer to the Record as the Daily Ranger. That's right, the same rhag that has a financial tie up with their own club.

Mentally diseased doesn't come close to covering it.
A mentally challenged I worked with a couple of years ago mentioned it to me one time and when I replied "you mean the daily rebel"? he looked totally surprised. He was convinced it was biased towards us. Their lunacy knows no bounds.

Back