Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Kent

Votes: 188 16.5%
  • Jack

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Hagi

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
Haven't been reading the thread so apologies if anyone has already said this but lets all laugh at the Tims who tuned in at half time ....GIRFUY losers:))

Yeesss Rangers!!

Whit a rollercoaster that was! I'm knackered just watching that!

Firstly I'm so happy we didn't give up our unbeaten record in Europe tonight. Secondly, i'm so proud of that team that they stuck to the task and not only got the equalizer, but pulled out the win when all looked lost. A moment of sheer genius from young Kent to pull us even and also to be in the right spot to win us the penalty. Thirdly, some of our defending was horrific, but we'll leave that for another time.

The tie isnt done yet, but we are in the driving seat. I'd have bitten your hand off for this result at half time.

MOTM: Borna. Gave us real width in the second half, and balls of steel at the penalities. Honourable mention to Leon Balogun, who I thought did superbly covering for Tav.

WATP!!!

And breathe. Absolute madness for 2 hours but delighted with the win. Had settled for 3-2 and was confident we'd win at Ibrox. Home leg may finish 6-5 if it's anything like tonight. Need my medication now.

That's a big blow about Tav and Kemar, but good to have started scoring again and showing some real bottle too.

Morelos needs to keep out of trouble.

That was absolute madness. Referee was a disgrace and his decisions absolutely had a massive impact on that game. That tackle on Tav not resulting in a booking. The penalty that should never have been. Correctly awarding 2 penalties to us. Setting all of that aside, there are a few things that I'd take from that game.

We didnt look too good at the back. McGregor was a bit flat footed, but made up for it with a superb save in injury time. I thought both centre halves were dodgy at times and looked more than a little ropey on a couple of occasions. Tav's injury is going to hurt us for at least a couple of games and it's frustrating that we don't have Patterson available to come in. Really idiotic from him and he should be begging forgiveness right now. Balogun isnt really an option there so you're looking at Jack being a makeshift right back, which hurts us in midfield.

The midfield didnt impose themselves on the game. Davis' lack of pace is an issue these days. He still has a great range of passing and his positioning defensively isn't bad. He just isnt involved often enough and is vulnerable to opponents exploiting him with a bit of movement and pace. He was unlucky with the penalty that should never have been given against him, but he isnt entirely without fault in the incident - he gets too close, puts his hands on the Antwerp player and that gives him the encouragement to dive. Kamara is a great midfielder but again there's a lack of pace. He needs somebody beside him who is going to give the midfield that movement. Today it wasn't Aribo - goal was great but his possession was terrible. Mistakes nearly cost us and his contribution beyond the goal was virtually non-existent. Arfield was also pretty poor in that attacking role.

Up front? Morelos put in a fantastic shift. Involved in all 3 goals and played well despite being starved of service for so much of the game. Roofe wasn't great before his injury. Kent coming on was the difference maker. His play gave Barasic confidence. His 1-2 with Morelos for the goal was brilliant. Kent was the game changer tonight because he not only brought ability himself but he also brought others around him into the game.

Negatives from the game have to be the sometimes poor defending, the often poor midfield play and the lack of good quality chances we created for periods of the game. The 2 injuries are also major concerns as there are now serious questions about who comes in and who fills bench places? Positives? The spirit shown to fight back and not to let the heads drop after the shocking refereeing in the first half. The performance of Morelos has to be a massive positive - his involvement in the goals was very pleasing and his understanding with Kent was particularly nice to see. Kent changed the game because with him on it allowed others to play their natural game.

Big questions for the gaffer to answer over the next few weeks but getting out of that game with the win, and with 4 away goals, has to be a positive given the way the game went overall. Seems strange to say after scoring 4 but we really need to sort out our midfield and attacking play and make sure the defensive errors don't become a regular occurrence.
FFS some people are never happy

That was absolute madness. Referee was a disgrace and his decisions absolutely had a massive impact on that game. That tackle on Tav not resulting in a booking. The penalty that should never have been. Correctly awarding 2 penalties to us. Setting all of that aside, there are a few things that I'd take from that game.

We didnt look too good at the back. McGregor was a bit flat footed, but made up for it with a superb save in injury time. I thought both centre halves were dodgy at times and looked more than a little ropey on a couple of occasions. Tav's injury is going to hurt us for at least a couple of games and it's frustrating that we don't have Patterson available to come in. Really idiotic from him and he should be begging forgiveness right now. Balogun isnt really an option there so you're looking at Jack being a makeshift right back, which hurts us in midfield.

The midfield didnt impose themselves on the game. Davis' lack of pace is an issue these days. He still has a great range of passing and his positioning defensively isn't bad. He just isnt involved often enough and is vulnerable to opponents exploiting him with a bit of movement and pace. He was unlucky with the penalty that should never have been given against him, but he isnt entirely without fault in the incident - he gets too close, puts his hands on the Antwerp player and that gives him the encouragement to dive. Kamara is a great midfielder but again there's a lack of pace. He needs somebody beside him who is going to give the midfield that movement. Today it wasn't Aribo - goal was great but his possession was terrible. Mistakes nearly cost us and his contribution beyond the goal was virtually non-existent. Arfield was also pretty poor in that attacking role.

Up front? Morelos put in a fantastic shift. Involved in all 3 goals and played well despite being starved of service for so much of the game. Roofe wasn't great before his injury. Kent coming on was the difference maker. His play gave Barasic confidence. His 1-2 with Morelos for the goal was brilliant. Kent was the game changer tonight because he not only brought ability himself but he also brought others around him into the game.

Negatives from the game have to be the sometimes poor defending, the often poor midfield play and the lack of good quality chances we created for periods of the game. The 2 injuries are also major concerns as there are now serious questions about who comes in and who fills bench places? Positives? The spirit shown to fight back and not to let the heads drop after the shocking refereeing in the first half. The performance of Morelos has to be a massive positive - his involvement in the goals was very pleasing and his understanding with Kent was particularly nice to see. Kent changed the game because with him on it allowed others to play their natural game.

Big questions for the gaffer to answer over the next few weeks but getting out of that game with the win, and with 4 away goals, has to be a positive given the way the game went overall. Seems strange to say after scoring 4 but we really need to sort out our midfield and attacking play and make sure the defensive errors don't become a regular occurrence.
"......he gets too close, puts his hands on the Antwerp player and that gives him the encouragement to dive "
I think the ref gave it for a trip, you see Davis' left foot brush against the player's heel, but the guy was static so it's not as if he was running at speed ( @ Neic Lennon ) and was tripped.

Alfie, good game, lacked a wee bit of composure first half when 1 on 1 one with the keeper but I gave Borna the MOM as he was on a hat-trick.

Lots of mad decisions from the ref. VAR getting it right and wrong. Madness.

However, there were a couple of goals we should just not be allowing. At least two of their goals were preventable so hopefully we don't make those mistakes again and make it a bit more of a routine game next week.

Really think Barisic should be the penalty taker going forward. Calm, composed and smashed home - the way it should be done.

Back