Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Kent

Votes: 188 16.5%
  • Jack

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Hagi

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
That was crazy, but if and when we lift the league title, it’s games like tonight that I’ll look back on and think ‘they contributed to that’. Of course not in points, but in momentum and team spirit. Never say die, some great play and then some hard graft when things don’t go your way. No one player had a poor game but a few had maybe a poor 5-10 mins (like borna just before half time).

Great result, now put 3 past them at Ibrox without reply.

"......he gets too close, puts his hands on the Antwerp player and that gives him the encouragement to dive "
I think the ref gave it for a trip, you see Davis' left foot brush against the player's heel, but the guy was static so it's not as if he was running at speed ( @ Neic Lennon ) and was tripped.

Alfie, good game, lacked a wee bit of composure first half when 1 on 1 one with the keeper but I gave Borna the MOM as he was on a hat-trick.

Davis doesnt put his hands on the Antwerp player and he doesnt know how close Davis is in terms of making it look like there's contact.

That was a crazy, crazy game of football tonight. I’m so happy that we’ve come away with a victory. Our players battled hard and refused to be beaten.
I’m so proud of every one of them.

Wow! That was something else. Kent's goal was sublime and we were so much better in the second half. Couple of individual errors for their goals. It happens. Most important thing is that we are ahead in the tie. Tav's injury is a concern. Changed days from when folk were wanting him dropped after every game. Roofe also doesn't sound great. Manager just confirmed it's his calf. Morelos was absolutely outstanding. Onwards bears.

Don't know what to make of all that.

Furious at some of our defending.

Totally pissed off wi the refereeing peformance and VAR.

Absolutely delighted with the bouncebackability of the team.

I think on balance I might be happy. :)

Never in all the years I've watched Rangers have I seen us win away in Europe like that. I was so frustrated at times, and so overjoyed too. I'll need to watch the match again so I can enjoy it to the full.
I'm hoping we get through this one, and draw Man Utd.

Crazy game, ref was a disgrace, booked our players for nothing, while letting their players off without booking for worse tackles, and their penalty, ridiculous! Kent's goal was fantastic and our penalties where legit! Delighted with the result, get it up those waffle munching EU loving pri***!!
Our penalties were legit, certainly, but would Collum or Clancy have given them?

That was absolute madness. Referee was a disgrace and his decisions absolutely had a massive impact on that game. That tackle on Tav not resulting in a booking. The penalty that should never have been. Correctly awarding 2 penalties to us. Setting all of that aside, there are a few things that I'd take from that game.

We didnt look too good at the back. McGregor was a bit flat footed, but made up for it with a superb save in injury time. I thought both centre halves were dodgy at times and looked more than a little ropey on a couple of occasions. Tav's injury is going to hurt us for at least a couple of games and it's frustrating that we don't have Patterson available to come in. Really idiotic from him and he should be begging forgiveness right now. Balogun isnt really an option there so you're looking at Jack being a makeshift right back, which hurts us in midfield.

The midfield didnt impose themselves on the game. Davis' lack of pace is an issue these days. He still has a great range of passing and his positioning defensively isn't bad. He just isnt involved often enough and is vulnerable to opponents exploiting him with a bit of movement and pace. He was unlucky with the penalty that should never have been given against him, but he isnt entirely without fault in the incident - he gets too close, puts his hands on the Antwerp player and that gives him the encouragement to dive. Kamara is a great midfielder but again there's a lack of pace. He needs somebody beside him who is going to give the midfield that movement. Today it wasn't Aribo - goal was great but his possession was terrible. Mistakes nearly cost us and his contribution beyond the goal was virtually non-existent. Arfield was also pretty poor in that attacking role.

Up front? Morelos put in a fantastic shift. Involved in 3 goals and played well despite being starved of service for so much of the game. Roofe wasn't great before his injury. Kent coming on was the difference maker. His play gave Barasic confidence. His 1-2 with Morelos for the goal was brilliant. Kent was the game changer tonight because he not only brought ability himself but he also brought others around him into the game.

Negatives from the game have to be the sometimes poor defending, the often poor midfield play and the lack of good quality chances we created for periods of the game. The 2 injuries are also major concerns as there are now serious questions about who comes in and who fills bench places? Positives? The spirit shown to fight back and not to let the heads drop after the shocking refereeing in the first half. The performance of Morelos has to be a massive positive - his involvement in the goals was very pleasing and his understanding with Kent was particularly nice to see. Kent changed the game because with him on it allowed others to play their natural game.

Big questions for the gaffer to answer over the next few weeks but getting out of that game with the win, and with 4 away goals, has to be a positive given the way the game went overall. Seems strange to say after scoring 4 but we really need to sort out our midfield and attacking play and make sure the defensive errors don't become a regular occurrence.
One of the worst posts I’ve seen on here.

Balogun was solid and grew into the game.

Aribo was excellent outside not realising someone was on his heels in midfield, and should’ve got a shout from a teammate.

Kamara was fantastic as always and the only one in midfield showing that great burst of pace to run in and link up with Kent/Barasic.

Davis was absolutely outstanding. I think he made one poor pas the whole game and intercepted just about everything that came near him, whilst covering all areas of the pitch.

The only thing I’ll agree on is that we were shaky at the back, particularly Barisic and Morelos was excellent.

Christ if that went on any longer I think I would have taken a heart attack. Well done, we never gave up, hope the injuries aren't as bad as feared. What a shift Morelos put in. #55

What a mental game of football that was. We were the better team and deserved the win yet they scored 3 and could have got more.

Thought Balogun was excellent at RB. Borna had a great 2nd half with Kent in front of him. Kent goal was superb.

We really are a team to be feared in Europe. I love Steven Gerrard!

To be fair David did kick his heel, but to go down like that was a complete joke. Most people wouldnt even feel it.
Davis tapped his heel - in fact, Davis' big toe tickled the players boot. He just went over on his own feet very easily. Bordering on a dive. It wasn't even close to being a penalty.

Yeesss Rangers!!

Whit a rollercoaster that was! I'm knackered just watching that!

Firstly I'm so happy we didn't give up our unbeaten record in Europe tonight. Secondly, i'm so proud of that team that they stuck to the task and not only got the equalizer, but pulled out the win when all looked lost. A moment of sheer genius from young Kent to pull us even and also to be in the right spot to win us the penalty. Thirdly, some of our defending was horrific, but we'll leave that for another time.

The tie isnt done yet, but we are in the driving seat. I'd have bitten your hand off for this result at half time.

MOTM: Borna. Gave us real width in the second half, and balls of steel at the penalities. Honourable mention to Leon Balogun, who I thought did superbly covering for Tav.

WATP!!!
Here here !!!!

Yes it was mental.

Cap doffed to Shagger for the saves at the end although I thought he might have done better at their first.

Also to Alfie easy to get carried away in the atmosphere of mentalness but he kept his cool. Vamos El Buffalo

One of the worst posts I’ve seen on here.

Balogun was solid and grew into the game.

Aribo was excellent outside not realising someone was on his heels in midfield, and should’ve got a shout from a teammate.

Kamara was fantastic as always and the only one in midfield showing that great burst of pace to run in and link up with Kent/Barasic.

Davis was absolutely outstanding. I think he made one poor pas the whole game and intercepted just about everything that came near him, whilst covering all areas of the pitch.

The only thing I’ll agree on is that we were shaky at the back, particularly Barisic and Morelos was excellent.

Modern day fullbacks aren't just defenders. They need to be able to contribute going forward. Balogun can't. Balogun on the right as a fullback doesnt do what Barasic and Tav do. If he's right back then you're relying on the right sided forward of the 3 doing far more.

We'd probably be better playing Balogun as an aggressive sweeper/defensive midfielder the way that we used Tugay at times and used Ryan Jack as back up for Tav. Jack will get forward and support the play in front of him on that right hand side. Balogun isnt effective at doing that.

And other than his finish? Aribo was absolutely woeful. Often found wandering about in midfield like a fart in a wetsuit, doing absolutely nothing - if he wasn't giving up possession, failing to track runners or actually putting the keeper under pressure with his terrible back passes.

Piss poor performance despite the scoring gave away two needless goals from inept displays by not taking charge of the ball .

How the %^*& does a rangers player stand static watching a ball in mid air with plenty of time to make the ball his own by positioning himself & shielding it only to let the opposition's player nick in because of indecision allowing the bounce off the deck.

That level of ineptitude is unacceptable at this level it cost two goals tonight .

For most of the game the passing & crossing was bollocks despite continual pressing from the opposition yes there were spells in the game we pegged them back even missing three sitters ridiculous that two were in a one on one situation .

I've no doubt they are a good team however there's a lot of work to be done despite his absence even when he was in Tavernier doesn't shout enough or organise in these type of performances it's left to McGregor to give them a bollocking barely an outfield player takes charge when performances like tonight's go unchecked on the park given the amount of times they gave the ball away needlessly.

That was an SPFL Performance tonight it has to be much better .

As for the officiating where do you even start with these arseholes the yellows dished out to Barasic & Kent were ridiculous Barasic won the ball with no follow through similar to the tackle on Joe Aribo both players won the ball one made a meal of it resulting in a yellow the other also won the ball cleanly with no follow through yet the similarities and resultant decisions don't bear out & was happy to award a penalty for a mild tussle then a dive a total imbecile of an official he makes the ones here look good.

Fantastic character Rangers to come back twice and win that. That ludicrous penalty on half time was a sickener but they did so well in that second half although we made quite a few unforced errors and gave the boy way too much time for their 3rd. Kent at his best and turned the game - superb goal. Bricking it over Tav's injury - but I though Balogan was a great stand in.

Borna second on the spot kicks now? Got my what I’ve been shouting about since he signed that he would take a good spot kick. I know first one was touch and go but it doesn’t matter how it goes in...

I think we played well for most of the game, we have an away victory in Europe against a team who are no mug's, and most of the poor decisions came from the match official.
I thought we weren’t clicking in any department, out with the chances at the end Antwerp didn’t do a lot but we couldn’t do much either, defensively they were dreadful and we should’ve been out of sight.The main thing is we won and take 4 goals back to Ibrox Saying that, tonight shows the tie isn’t over.

Back