Invading the pitch

Who gives a %^*& really. These guys spend their hard earned cash to follow the team across the country, and then celebrate after seeing a new player score minutes after he's on the pitch.

Some people really are looking for stuff to be upset about it seems.

Some of us just don’t get it.

Really sad state of affairs.

It has to be said but the childish chants/embarrassing pitch invasions all stem from our teenage mutant ninja ultras.

As much as I applaud their effort the Union Bears ought to maintain the standards of our institution a lot better than they do at the moment.

10/10 for passion
1/10 for self-awareness

What standards are you talking about ? Just clapping a goal and then quietly mouthing 'Well done chaps' ?

Bears have been known for their big celebrations for decades now, don't pretend there is some standard that only older bears adhere to.

There's a few on here who must be a right laugh at parties :rolleyes:

A handful of Bears on the corner of the pitch for less than a minute, order restored with no arrests.

Some folk need to get a life. Live and let live ffs instead of castigating our own. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
I take that those who don’t see anything wrong with this will be crowd-funding to cover the fines from UEFA, if/when the exuberance extends into Euro ties?

It's true tho, the tims got fined for fans on the pitch in europe. Is that still ok? When it costs the club money?

What happened yesterday has been blown out of all proportion, the same people most likely had a moan about our song book too. Is this what we've become, calling out our own for a wee bit of over-exuberance, really?

Much ado over nothing and I'd be surprised if the incident even features in the official match report.

As for Europe, let's just worry about getting there first.

Really, I know we all want to forget this years disaster but we got a sizeable fine for PAPER being thrown on the pitch.
Christ I had forgotten about that. Probably because I’ve tried to erase that whole sorry episode from my brain! UEFA dish out fines for absolutely everything right enough.

Im done posting on here, ye can't criticise anything the club or fans do without being labelled a timposter. our great club have won league titles without one bear spilling onto the park. We go second on goal difference and people think it's OK to invade the park. %^*& me standards are dropping. I'm as happy as anyone with the way things are progressing but the clubs standards can't drop. I was at Ibrox after helicopter Sunday, waited hours for the team to come back and after 5 minutes people started going onto the park and the team got taken back inside. Maybe its just me but the pitch is not for fans.
Toodle-oo!

What happened yesterday has been blown out of all proportion, the same people most likely had a moan about our song book too. Is this what we've become, calling out our own for a wee bit of over-exuberance, really?

Much ado over nothing and I'd be surprised if the incident even features in the official match report.

You write the match report then? It was live on SKY and seen by half the country. But hey the Ref and Police will just ignore it.

Can understand the emotion - don't agree with coming on the pitch................but hardly
A PITCH INVASION !

Everybody is desperate for Cummings to be a success and that showed in yesterday's celebrations. A few fans got a bit carried away but can't say I blame them, especially after the way I celebrated the goal just watching it in the house!

There were no arrests and the club will not face any repercussions so why even bother with this shitty thread? Quite a bit of irony in the OP's username being " @Rangers daft "

Those talking about "standards", "not befitting of our club" etc. can do one! Nothing worse than that shite, condescending patter.

Murty gets what it's about

'PHENOMENAL'

Rangers boss Graeme Murty defends ‘excited’ fans who invaded pitch to celebrate with new goal hero Jason Cummings

And Murty has now said that fans got ‘excited’ after finding a new hero in the former Hibs ace.

He said: “Jason has gone and celebrated over with the fans.

“They spend a lot of money travelling all over the world to come and see us.“Our support is phenomenal, it’s absolutely second to none.

“They get excited, they want to celebrate with their heroes and Jason was the hero for them!

:):)

Fair play to the guys who spend their time and money following rangers everywhere but that invading the pitch carry on needs to stop. It happened against Partick last year and again today. How embarrassing would it have been if ross county had equalised today and we've invaded the pitch? Not to mention the fact the club can get fined. The day we win the league I'll accept it, until then stay in the stands

Everything thats wrong with football now. There was no one hurt, it lasted less than a minute. It was a bit of fun. Lighten up. Can't people see that football is being ruined by everything taking the fun out of it.

I dont even understand the bit in bold. Its like saying no one should ever celebrate a goal now cos it would be embarrassing if the other team equalises.

People travelled for hours to go watch it, let them enjoy there selfs
One of my friends travelled for 13 hours all together by car himself yesterday - it would have made my day if i seen him on the pitch.

At the end of the day we all only care about our team. If stuff like songs and mini pitch invasions start costing the club money in fines or god forbid points then it's up to us to raise caution.

The authorities and haters are out to nail us for anything and we have to be a bit more savvy.

Phucks sake the fans probably shouldn't have come on to the park but talks of fines etc the tramps have had their scummy fans twice in the last few years come on and assault opposition players. And we have guys on here going on about a bit of over celebration nobody assaulted or any harm done lighten up guys and also spoonburners attacking our players at a cup final lets put things into perspective.

Don't really see a problem with it as a one off for Cummings first goal, but probably best if the players don't end up at the bottom of a "pile on" again. :)

Who gives a %^*& really. These guys spend their hard earned cash to follow the team across the country, and then celebrate after seeing a new player score minutes after he's on the pitch.

Some people really are looking for stuff to be upset about it seems.

What standards are you talking about ? Just clapping a goal and then quietly mouthing 'Well done chaps' ?

Bears have been known for their big celebrations for decades now, don't pretend there is some standard that only older bears adhere to.

Clapping a goal wi gloves on is totally useless. It's like using a gun wi a silencer.

What a bizarre thread this is :eek:

It highlights perfectly the element of self loathing that is apparent in our support.

This is probably due to being attacked continuously in the media and kicked from pillar to post in the last few years.

There is a section of our support that are cowed.

Murray was the first to be cowed, far too many have followed suit.

It highlights perfectly the element of self loathing that is apparent in our support.

This is probably due to being attacked continuously in the media and kicked from pillar to post in the last few years.

There is a section of our support that are cowed.

Murray was the first to be cowed, far too many have followed suit.
Or maybe it's because, in 2018, some people might have zero interest in Bobby Sands, The pope, the ira, uda or any other sh*te And find it's time to get rid of it. Along with the muppets that constantly find a way of causing the club embarrassment. Mibbee that's the loathing....

Or maybe it's because, in 2018, some people might have zero interest in Bobby Sands, The pope, the ira, uda or any other sh*te And find it's time to get rid of it. Along with the muppets that constantly find a way of causing the club embarrassment. Mibbee that's the loathing....

Football fans the world over sing 'naughty' songs and don't give a flying fuck what their rivals think.

A section of the Rangers support are being intimidated by the compliant media doing the bidding of Lawell, Reid & co.

I'm sick and tired of reading about the 'Sectarian' Billy Boys, please tell me what Sect is referred to in this song?

Does the Billy Boys fall into your loathing category?

Football fans the world over sing 'naughty' songs and don't give a flying fuck what their rivals think.

A section of the Rangers support are being intimidated by the compliant media doing the bidding of Lawell, Reid & co.

I'm sick and tired of reading about the 'Sectarian' Billy Boys, please tell me what Sect is referred to in this song?

Does the Billy Boys fall into your loathing category?
And you point being..? I don't like it cos it has F.A. To do with Rangers and is used as a stick to beat us with at same time, making it doubly pointless in my mind.
The Billy Boys, whether you like it or not, has got us fines in the past. Why do something you know can cause trouble to the club and cost us money?
So in that respect, yes. Adding that I couldn't really care what fans sing in general. I myself have never felt offended in any way by any song. But their are consequences for the club, and we have an element amongst our fans, who's attitude is that what they want trumps the consequences to the club, which I find moronic and self defeating.

While I'm all for celebrating when our team scores. But invading the pitch should not be part of the celebrations, correct me if I'm wrong there was a huge uproar when hivs invaded the pitch when playing us and claimed over exuberance with what followed after that. So we can' be hypocritical when we were up in arms at them doing it but when I comes to our fans it' perfectly alright. Keep the celebrations to the stands and for where ver you head onto afterwards. (Just my opinion)

While I'm all for celebrating when our team scores. But invading the pitch should not be part of the celebrations, correct me if I'm wrong there was a huge uproar when hivs invaded the pitch when playing us and claimed over exuberance with what followed after that. So we can' be hypocritical when we were up in arms at them doing it but when I comes to our fans it' perfectly alright. Keep the celebrations to the stands and for where ver you head onto afterwards. (Just my opinion)

Our fans didn't run towards the County fans to attack them or attack their players, so it's not a valid comparison imo.

You trying to compare the two? Fucking mental.

Seriously!!! Invaded? That was a few fans celebrating with their new signing. When the players dispersed so did the fans. Nothing more than the fans and players showing the excitement we have all felt in this transfer window. I wonder how some folk on here get through life with some of the shit they come out with!!!!

I thought it was great, me an the Mrs were howling and were gutted when the cameras pulled away.

Young guys celebrating Cummings first goal, big deal.

The fact you think yesterday's "pitch invasion" was even slightly comparable to the 2016 Scottish Cup final proves that nobody should pay any great deal of interest to anything you post.

Fact of the matter is fans are not allowed to enter the field of play " rules are the rules" as players are not allowed to leave the field to celebrate. Both celebrations have the ability to incite reaction from opposing fans. So if you don' like my opinion" frankly I couldn' give a flying f@#k.

Fact of the matter is fans are not allowed to enter the field of play " rules are the rules" as players are not allowed to leave the field to celebrate. Both celebrations have the ability to incite reaction from opposing fans. So if you don' like my opinion" frankly I couldn' give a flying f@#k.
It seems you do give a flying %^*&.

The two incidents should not be compared.

Back