Rangers have appealed Morelos card

Rangers have appealed Morelos yellow card at Livingston last night. Given there's precedent for clearing such instances (Lawless for Livi v Dundee in 2019), I'd expect the same to happen here. Hearing is tomorrow.
I would've hoped so. I think it's the only time you can appeal a yellow card - worngly being accused of simulation. The outcome? Factor in the club & then the player? Anything's possible! :rolleyes:

Notice of Claim | Alfredo Morelos, Player, Rangers FC
Thursday 4 March 2021
Player: Alfredo Morelos, Rangers FC

Match: Livingston FC v Rangers FC on 3 March 2021

Competition: SPFL Premiership

Offence: B1k - Commits an act of simulation

Claim: Wrongful Caution for Simulation

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Friday 5 March 2021

Stand by for "There was contact but not enough to bring him down"
A bit of mindreading may come into it, as in the McGregor stamping incident.

Cut and dried it will be rescinded with an apology . Beaton should also be demoted and challenged on his ludicrous decision - to not give the penalty is bad enough but to call the player a cheat is beyond the pale he should be made to explain himself

I think this is obviously the correct thing to do but I think the wider point of us appealling is to help Gerrard's case. If they admit Beaton was wrong then it explains, but obviously doesn't excuse going by the rules, Gerrard's emotions.

Alfredo didn't even appeal for the penalty (as it was clear as day it was a penalty it probably seemed pointless.....until Beaton entered the scene), so surely by his actions alone he hasn't tried to 'con the ref' either way, as he wasn't even appealing to the ref for a PK.
On that merit alone it should be rescinded.

If they couldn’t see Ajeti’s clear dive, they will probably put this one down as “inconclusive” as well.

How many cards will this be that Morelos has had rescinded ?
Surely a record.

I dont believe that referee's actively cheat but I full believe that Beaton has an issue with Alfredo Morelos and has his card marked before a ball is kicked.

This is most likely based on Alfredo's previous history which has ironically been created in large part by John Beaton himself.

Back