MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
We have been fantastic in Europe and the league this year but to go out against them is extremely disappointing.

Couldn’t get going at all tonight when we had a great chance to progress. Struggling to give anyone pass marks tonight as we looked flat and didn’t play with any tempo.

If the Slavia player made a racist comment, Kamara should have straight up smashed him in the mouth. If it's acceptable for Zidane to get away with it, then it's fine for Glen.

(referencing Zidanes headbutt of the Italian lad cos he said something about his mother, for those that don't know)

We love this team but too many have been a bit blind to its deficiencies. Central defence and central midfield could still be significantly improved. We've lost some very poor goals at this level, we've just bee good at scoring more than the other teams until now.

That said, we could have played a lot better and we're missing a couple of big players.
Yeah I don’t want to be too harsh on the team, because the form in Europe over 3 years has been incredible.

Missing Jack is big. Arfield and I would say Aribo not getting back up to speed since injury is big. Same with Roofe.

The squad strength is still there, but I want to see Rangers add at least 2 players in the summer that take this side up another level. 1 of those has to be in the middle of the park.

What do you actually imagine would get a reaction like that from a pretty level headed guy? Some body say his da sells Avon? That was a mouth covering racist abuse.

I see what yoire saying, but like i just said in a later post,Kamara shakes his hand, i would be surprised if he done that after beung racially abused, unless its a different player

I would rather they kept going on and actually defending each other when they are faced with racist comments than worry about getting another yellow in a tie that is finished.
You need some pragmatism. No point in having half our team suspended for the CLQ.

The club should take the matter to the appropriate authority. The only other thing they could have done was for the whole team to walk off.

Gerrard very clearly stuff to the coach the vin was racist. He said the word racist multiple times.

Slavia are a better team than us right now. I'm unsure why people think otherwise. A different class? No. But a level above. They are a very good outfit.

Beaten by the better team.

Need to upgrade a few positions to progress further than this level.

Midfield in particular isn’t good enough for beyond this stage.

8 19th Century Terrorist bastards voting Roofe so far.

Is there anyway Admin can see who voted him?

Wankers.
To be fair, one of the only highlights tonight was the attempted murder of one of their players, probably some frustration voting there and not guaranteed mentally challengeds.

I voted Kent BTW!

Thought Aribo was a bit lazy tonight. He had chances to use runners past him as decoys, but on 2-3 occasions played the ball straight back to them and we lost possession. Arfield also quiet. Balogun a few mistakes. Thought the rest were okay, but didn't get any luck tonight with 50-50s.

They are a decent, if cynical, team. And were more consistent over both games.

Oh well, only the CL qualifiers to look forward to :( B-D

Whats your problem? We have scored great freekicks throughout the season. Cos we dont score one tonight we are pish? As for it being a great freekick it was as much poor positioning from McGregor.
You're a fuckin crank
You realise this is a forum where we can post opinions?
That’s all you merit.

Referee is just ad bad for not punishing him, one racist bastard protecting another, you could say.
To be fair to the ref (not that he deserves it) I don’t think he heard it. The guy cupped his mouth to hide his comment. A ref can’t send a player off for a comment he didnt hear.

I don’t understand the narrative that this team was the best over the two legs. First leg both teams played better in each half. Tonight, they’ve played against 9 men and McGregor hasn’t had a single save to make. A truly shocking refereeing performance and silly tackles from our players have cost us the tie. A great run and a chance missed but we have so much to be proud of with this lot.

That wasn’t the same player

Fair dues then, that changes my opinion somewhat, i thought it was the same guy.

If it is racism he should be banned , he has a patch saying respect and they are taking a knee etc, UEFA should come down hard on him if it was.

Your position is that our black captain should accept his yellow card for his fellow player being racially abused. You've made an absaloute cùnt of your self here and the defence you are putting up isn't doing you any favours.
I'm entitled to an opinion. Same as you. Again someone trying to put words in my mouth.

We are just short of quality at this level, Leverkusen totally controlled us, but we hardly laid a glove on Slavia.
Poor over the two legs and the better team progressed.

There's 2 different things tonight.

Firstly, the better team tonight win the game. They were better on the ball and off it. We were struggling badly anyway, but 2 men getting deserved red cards just made it impossible.

Most successful teams in Europe also are good at the darker arts of the game, winning fouls and getting opponents booked. This team certainly are good at it, which is frustrating but part of the game at this level.

Secondly, that incident near the end needs explained. Our players to a man were raging, and if it was racism that player needs hammered.
Think we all agree with your post DH.

Whatever what was said has no place in any walk of life in this day and age and the player should be hammered. Virtually impossible to prove as the player well knows.

What a coward.

Well played Rangers. So many entertaining Thursdays. You did us proud.

And a horrible team
Agree 100% but streetwise and cynical. Took turns booting Kent and went down like an old wardrobe at every opportunity. Unfortunately that's how modern football is nowadays. You only have to look at the sending off in the Chelsea game last night. A man mountain gets tickled in the chest by another player's elbow and it looks like he's been shot by an elephant gun.
Give me the good old days when players would cement each other but just get up and get on with it.

Proud of the team overall
Just disappointed at how we went out
Lost the tie without being under any real pressure
Did they stop us playing our own game, probably but we just didn't do our own thing
Anything that could go wrong did

It looks like Kamara shakeshis hand after it, thats why i doubt it.
Whatever was said he is a sneaky little shit covering his mouth bit we seen thisat county, same reaction, most of the same players, turned out he was called a poof.
He shook hands with number 7 who is a cracking player by the way
It was number 15 who made a comment

Not sure we played our strongest team tonight but fair play they are a strong side. Having said that I hope they get stuffed in the next round cos they are diving cheating scumbags. And possibly racist too.

It will be one players word against anothers not a chance anything will happen from it unless something has been heard by the officials or anyone else , but that is unlikely

I would hate to go through for something like this when we were well beaten on the park, we are not like them and never will be.
The fact no action was taken against the player would suggest the officials never heard it

Back