Eddie Howe

Eddie Howe will not be the next Celtic manager. This is all nonsense.

If he is talking to them, it's some strategic move to force the hand of a wavering premier league club that's sounded him out about being their next manager.
I dont know if he will or not ... but if i was a Celtic fan i would be asking why its taken 7 weeks (ish) since Lennon was let go to get Howe in ... if that was the man they wanted from the get go.

You are fundamentally right in that the massive gap between the clubs is gone but it is still to be proved if they are where we are when SG took over because we were rebuilding from a lot less than their new manager will be.

In theory even a decent manager should make it a very tight title challenge next season.
Player wise I would say they are on a par with where we were, if you take out all the loans and want always. They’ve really only got a handful of first team players left. They ain’t going to rebuild that in 1 or 2 windows. Also look how many loan players they have? We have none, we had them our first couple of years to buffer up squad and first team numbers but it was hit and miss, I reckon they’ll be loaning loads next season.

I dont know if he will or not ... but if i was a Celtic fan i would be asking why its taken 7 weeks (ish) since Lennon was let go to get Howe in ... if that was the man they wanted from the get go.

He was linked from the moment Lennon left. He's un-employed.

If there's a reason this is dragging on, I'd suggest it's because Howe isnt that keen on the job and is hoping for alternative options in England. Celtic would unveil him in an hour if they could

They won't do that with a big manager similar they didn't do it with brenda

That's where the sticky point comes if they put him on a 3 or 4 year deal and have a plan but then the hoards are chasing buses by October they have killed them selves.

This is one of they don't get right will cost them big time and lay foundations for a period of domination from us

Our if they get it right it will still cost them a fortune they don't have financially.

brenda initially had the 1 year deal in place - various sources. thats how they operate. they get a 1 year deal. im guessing after the first season rogers said i want longer or i am leaving and they gave him a four year deal.

they pick 1 year deals as if it goes pear shaped then they only need to pay 1 year salary.

Last edited:
Anyway, FWIW I think he's a decent manager and will have them challenging.

Thankfully we're going from strength to strength but we'll get more of a challenge next season, despite the fact we'll probably still win the league.

Player wise I would say they are on a par with where we were, if you take out all the loans and want always. They’ve really only got a handful of first team players left. They ain’t going to rebuild that in 1 or 2 windows. Also look how many loan players they have? We have none, we had them our first couple of years to buffer up squad and first team numbers but it was hit and miss, I reckon they’ll be loaning loads next season.
Whether we like it or not they may have a tricky job on their hands but they do have assets to sell and just sold one in Jan for how much? Come back to me when SG had that type of income coming in when he arrived.

I would suspect both clubs have tricky financial horizons with the limitations delivered due to COVID.

On SSN just now live outside their dump.

Charles Patterson and Marc Wilson creaming themselves talking about Eddie Howe. Nauseating

Anyone could be forgiven thinking that this guy is most wanted manager in the football world. Ffs he got Bournemouth relegated.

On SSN just now live outside their dump.

Charles Patterson and Marc Wilson creaming themselves talking about Eddie Howe. Nauseating

Anyone could be forgiven thinking that this guy is most wanted manager in the football world. Ffs he got Bournemouth relegated.

They could be replacing the Lurgan Flopp with the Burnley Flop.

Please gonnae no use that? Sound like Michael Stewart. :eek:

I'm in that school of thought that he's not been their number 1, and have been rejected by some other prime candidates. If he was their first choice, he's been unemployed all year and available...

I seriously hope its Howe. He spent a fortune at Bournemouth. He had a net spend of more than liverpools title winning team. Hes got disaster written all over him.

This ^^^

It’s always repeated about the excellent job he did at little Bournemouth - but they never mention the vast budget he had, particularly in the lower leagues.

Dodgy Russian (?) owners iirc

I’d laugh a lot if he goes elsewhere
I dont care if he comes or doesnt. In terms of where they go on the pitch that is. But it would be hilarious if he didnt sign.

A side point. How can an englishman agree to sign for a club who hates a country that hes from and is up to their necks in child abuse issues? Regardless of my leanings, I could never sign for a club like that.

This ^^^

It’s always repeated about the excellent job he did at little Bournemouth - but they never mention the vast budget he had, particularly in the lower leagues.

Dodgy Russian (?) owners iirc
Exactly. Whilst getting them up was admirable, there was no pressure in anything he has done. Even when they got relegated, it was a 'look at the great job he did till this season'

The scum cant have a season of building (but they will have to) without cracking up.

Hope Howe likes sharks.

Skybet have howe at evens from long odds on. 2nd favourite behind Big JK
haha just had a look at some of the names on the 'favourites' list.

Mark Warburton -33/1
Bobo Balde - 50/1
Andreiy Shevchenko 66/1

And a whole host of other hilarious names. Someone must have stuck money on them to get on that list! I'm putting my money on big bobo to come and sit in the stands for another few years :D

I dont care if he comes or doesnt. In terms of where they go on the pitch that is. But it would be hilarious if he didnt sign.

A side point. How can an englishman agree to sign for a club who hates a country that hes from and is up to their necks in child abuse issues? Regardless of my leanings, I could never sign for a club like that.

It would be a glorious end to the season if even a journeyman Manager like Howe turns them down, and Kennedy appears from behind the curtain as the new Manager. lol

The Scottish media are working themselves into a frenzy regarding the Burnley Flop.

That will be down to the betting rules. "Permanent" in the bookies Ts & Cs means 10 games. Kennedy has already had 4 games. If Howe does not take over until end of season Kennedy will get to 10 because he will have 5 league games plus the cup game against us. That makes 10 in total.

So for betting purposes he would be the next "permanent" manager even if he's not really.

If Howe comes in before end of season he (Howe) will be next permanent manager

Don't get too excited - no way the brave man is getting it permanently!!

haha just had a look at some of the names on the 'favourites' list.

Mark Warburton -33/1
Bobo Balde - 50/1
Andreiy Shevchenko 66/1

And a whole host of other hilarious names. Someone must have stuck money on them to get on that list! I'm putting my money on big bobo to come and sit in the stands for another few years :D
Bobo balde. Imagine he goes back and rips even more cash from them

I like Eddie Howe , never liked Lennon/Rodgers/O'Neill and never heard of Deila , wonder howe long my liking of him will last :)

I’m sure he will be well aware of these issues and weighing up his next move.

A big pie for them would be delightful.

Please gonnae no use that? Sound like Michael Stewart. :eek:

I'm in that school of thought that he's not been their number 1, and have been rejected by some other prime candidates. If he was their first choice, he's been unemployed all year and available...

now that's an insult !! jesus haha

I share your opinion if he was the one they wanted etc he would have been in weeks ago.

There's no reason Eddie Howe, if he has any sense, would tarnish himself with being part of this season in any way.

Steven Gerrard had already agreed to be our manager when we were losing Old Firm games 5-0 and drawing 5-5 against Hibs with Jimmy Nicholl as manager.

Compare the frothing at the mouth about Howe to Steven Gerrard when he arrived.One was a world class player with numerous medals and other has achieved the square root of f uck all in football yet he is the new messiah and 21/22 is a foregone conclusion for a clean sweep at the pigerry.

Think you only need to manage 10 games or something before they class you as next manager. If Kennedy is in charge until the end of the season I think he makes that figure.

Back