Eddie Howe

Howe 1/8 Kennedy 11/1

That’s the odds on who starts next season in charge with Betfair.

I wish they would just announce he had got the job. Sick of hearing about the lady's front bottom already.
Hope he comes before we play them twice at Ibrox and he gets off to a losing start!

The odds mean absolutely nothing, Keane was 1/10 for the filth job at one point, couple of folk could stick a fiver on Gary Glitter and he would move up in the betting.

Compare the frothing at the mouth about Howe to Steven Gerrard when he arrived.One was a world class player with numerous medals and other has achieved the square root of f uck all in football yet he is the new messiah and 21/22 is a foregone conclusion for a clean sweep at the pigerry.

Long may it continue.

Lets us do our contract renewals and squad strengthening under the radar, while the expectation builds to fever pitch over there.

That will be down to the betting rules. "Permanent" in the bookies Ts & Cs means 10 games. Kennedy has already had 4 games. If Howe does not take over until end of season Kennedy will get to 10 because he will have 5 league games plus the cup game against us. That makes 10 in total.

So for betting purposes he would be the next "permanent" manager even if he's not really.

If Howe comes in before end of season he (Howe) will be next permanent manager

Don't get too excited - no way the brave man is getting it permanently!!
Out of interest, will the bookies still pay out on Kennedy if Howe gets announced soon but doesn't actually take over until the end of the season (after Kennedy has been in charge for 10 games)?

He’ll probably be good enough to beat all the shite so we need to make sure we win the Old Firm games,

Let’s just see how his newly assembled squad copes against 11 hammer throwers parked behind the ball;)

I’ll make a prediction right now that an early run of comfortable victories will quickly break down into a run of ugly draws and defeats stemming from naive defending and lack of a Plan B.

Let’s just see how his newly assembled squad copes against 11 hammer throwers parked behind the ball;)

I’ll make a prediction right now that an early run of comfortable victories will quickly break down into a run of ugly draws and defeats stemming from naive defending and lack of a Plan B.
No chance, the club has the authorities and refs in their pocket. They’ll do everything for him to succeed.

Unless I've missed him being announced, I still don't think he'll go there and I don't think he's the kind of guy that can hack it up here. 56 is in the bag regardless.

He'll be good for them, and many posters here are possibly being naive to write him off; it reminds of not so long ago, when so many dismissed David Moyes in the same way.. Since Rogers left, they have not played with any great organisation and shape, but Howe won't have been a Premiership manager if he isn't nuanced in this aspect of the game. I hope they, and every other team in this League gets stronger, and that Rangers get stronger; it will help the game here improve.

Reactions: LD5
He'll be good for them, and many posters here are possibly being naive to write him off. Since Rogers left, they have not played with any great organisation and shape, but Howe won't have been a Premiership manager if he isn't nuanced in this aspect of the game. I hope they, and every other team in this League gets stronger, and that Rangers get stronger; it will help the game here improve.
You want them to be stronger ?? Have a word with yourself

He'll be good for them, and many posters here are possibly being naive to write him off; it reminds of not so long ago, when so many dismissed David Moyes in the same way.. Since Rogers left, they have not played with any great organisation and shape, but Howe won't have been a Premiership manager if he isn't nuanced in this aspect of the game. I hope they, and every other team in this League gets stronger, and that Rangers get stronger; it will help the game here improve.

There have been many a poor manager managed in the English Premiership.

agreed, the better the challenge, the better our own standards will be, and it'll also help us in europe, if the league was just filled with cannon fodder, then we'd be ill prepared in that arena, players want to be challenged, it makes them better, but if they just coast along, then they'll quickly get bored and would want to seek pastures new

agreed, the better the challenge, the better our own standards will be, and it'll also help us in europe, if the league was just filled with cannon fodder, then we'd be ill prepared in that arena, players want to be challenged, it makes them better, but if they just coast along, then they'll quickly get bored and would want to seek pastures new
Agreed. Since we went down and came back the standard of football has fallen well below what it was, and that's not a great thing for Rangers, you make a point I completely agree with.

Kennedy is currently evens with Sky, Howe 8/11. As NJB says, if Kennedy lasts 10 games in charge they'll pay out.

Agreed. Since we went down and came back the standard of football has fallen well below what it was, and that's not a great thing for Rangers, you make a point I completely agree with.
there's a reason the tims did so badly in europe while we were not there to keep them on their toes, but folks get the hump on here if anyone suggest we want better/stronger competition without seeing the bigger picture, beating crap teams season after season is not why I watch football, and TV companies sees it the same way judging by the deals our league gets

there's a reason the tims did so badly in europe while we were not there to keep them on their toes, but folks get the hump on here if anyone suggest we want better/stronger competition without seeing the bigger picture, beating crap teams season after season is not why I watch football, and TV companies sees it the same way judging by the deals our league gets
No I want them down where we were, but worse. I want continual failure. It’s a fallacy that we need a strong sellik. That’s what we’ve learned over the past 10 years. Garbage spouted by the msm to massage their egos of them when they were shiit! We weren’t afforded the same grace. WE DONT NEED A STRONG SELLIK!

They were literally the worst team in the Europa League this season while we were very much around to keep them on their toes.

While we weren't exactly facing any competition domestically yet turned in a fantastic European season.

You're good in Europe if you have the players and the tactics not because of how hard your games are at the weekend.

Ask Bayern Munich.

Howe 1/8 Kennedy 11/1

That’s the odds on who starts next season in charge with Betfair.

I wish they would just announce he had got the job. Sick of hearing about the lady's front bottom already.
It;s all part of the big game that they are playing.

Howe isn't the big name that their supporters wanted or expected. So, they primed the mhedia 2 weeks ago with stories that Roy Keane was the favourite, knowing full well that none of their fans wanted Keane. After a week of 'Keane favourite to be next Celtc Manager', they got the mhedia to change the story to 'Eddie Howe now favourite to be next Celtc Manager'.

Knowing that Howe is an upgrade on Keane, by doing this, they got more of their gullible fans onside to Howe's appointment.

It will now be strung out for another week or two (probably till just before the OF game), making the gullible think how lucky they will be if they get Howe.

Once they are satisfied that the gullible hordes have moved from "Howe isn't good enough, we deserve better" to "Wow, we're lucky to be getting Eddie Howe, it was nearly Roy Keane" then their work is done.

Howe will then be announced with a vaguely worded statement saying that he will be given money to rebuild for next season and the more backing the gullible hordes give them, the more he will have to spend.

This will quickly be followed by Season Tickets going on sale.

They were literally the worst team in the Europa League this season while we were very much around to keep them on their toes.

While we weren't exactly facing any competition domestically yet turned in a fantastic European season.

You're good in Europe if you have the players and the tactics not because of how hard your games are at the weekend.

Ask Bayern Munich.
they were mince because they had no decent competition and the last couple of seasons they had lennon in charge, and your Bayen comparison is not valid as the german league is one of the, if not the best league in the world, the 2 or 3 teams below bayern could probably beat most of the teams in the english premiership barr man city and liverpool, and you play in a dog poo league then the players you want would be harder to attract

No I want them down where we were, but worse. I want continual failure. It’s a fallacy that we need a strong sellik. That’s what we’ve learned over the past 10 years. Garbage spouted by the msm to massage their egos of them when they were shiit! We weren’t afforded the same grace. WE DONT NEED A STRONG SELLIK!
we need a better standard all round in the league, so that means better teams, if you think better opposition in the league would not make us better, then you're deluded, how are the players meant to improve playing crap teams every week? their motivation would go out the window if they can just coast to victories and get bored shitless in double quick time, and how do you entice the quality of players we want to such a mince league? getting challenged week in week out is the best way to improve, I don't care where the challenge comes from as long as we get one, the I want all the teams to be shite so we can win easier is a poisonous way of thinking, and I'll bet gerrard would see it the way I do rather than yours

He's not being underestimated. But his weaknesses appear to include pressure, needing to win, and spending 'big money'...no one doubts he's a good coach.

I thinking he is hedging his bets hoping a English side come in for him seems strange the time it’s taking to tie him up .

Back