Racist Kudela given 10 game ban, Kamara 3 games (all discussion here)

Apparently, the 10 game ban is the minimum.

Bearing in mind that this will only cover European ties - that, to me, doesn't seem too unreasonable.

He certainly hasn't got away with it.

As for punishment for Slavia? I don't disagree.

What I will say is that most of the crap since the game has came from their Commy chairman..............who wasn't even in Scotland.

If the Czechs don't name him in the 23 man squad for the Euros will the ban count for those games? If not then he's missing the Euros - and 8 more Slavia games next year. That's a decent punishment

I was hoping that Kamara hadn't had a go at Kudela in the tunnel.
I can't believe that those around him never managed to give him greater counsel.
I can hopefully understand his burning fury at Kudela's behaviour, however, Glen had the moral high ground and whilst he can still lay claim to it, nonetheless, he would appear to have left himself open to the cvunts at UEFA,

If Kamara lamped the racist tramp in the tunnel then he has the right IMO.

Fxxking racist cowardly scumbag deserves more than a 10 game ban and a skelp on the mouth. He is a confirmed racist now and Slavia are defenders of racists - fxxk that club and their shitey fans.

I hope we get them again in Europe soon and utter destroy them.

Apparently, the 10 game ban is the minimum.

Bearing in mind that this will only cover European ties - that, to me, doesn't seem too unreasonable.

He certainly hasn't got away with it.

As for punishment for Slavia? I don't disagree.

What I will say is that most of the crap since the game has came from their Commy chairman..............who wasn't even in Scotland.

It includes Czech Republic Euro 2020 games.

He could be playing for Slavia in the qualifiers next season.

He's absolutely got away with it.

If the Czechs don't name him in the 23 man squad for the Euros will the ban count for those games? If not then he's missing the Euros - and 8 more Slavia games next year. That's a decent punishment
In club competitions the suspensions are only served if the player is registered in the squad

Would assume the same for international games

Just been on Rangers Instagram and the amount of Czech fans with racist comments is depressingly shocking. Absolute backwards.

Hopefully he’s back just in time for us to put slavia out the play-off round and for someone to snap his shin in half.

Will the Czech Republic waste one of their 23 places to register him when they won't play 8 games even if they win it though??

We Stand With You Glen

Shoulder to shoulder, Glen, with you we stand
Here's where we have drawn our line in the sand
For no matter our colour, we all bleed the same
We shall put beautiful back into our beautiful game

Respect means much more than a token armband
We will all play our part, we will all lend our hand
To call out the racists, to turn back the tide
We are all with you Glen, right there by your side

No more empty getures or taking the knee
It was right there before UEFA to see
But the battle's not over, no, it's just begun
For we never will rest until justice is done

Ondrej Kudela , cursed be that name
Eternally damned, eternally shamed
But you Glen Kamara, this is your hour
For God is your Maker, His might is your Power

ItsInTheNet

Their ref booked our captain for defending his plAyer.

I wonder if G K’s lawyer was waiting for this?
Why did the ref book Kudela and Goldson? Because the refs actions at the time of the incident make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

He has 2 players claiming racist abuse - and he did NOTHING!

In club competitions the suspensions are only served if the player is registered in the squad

Would assume the same for international games
I’d go along with this, since it’s the only sensible interpretation. If Kudela isn’t selected for the Czech squad how can those matches be classed as part of his ban? Had he not been an international, or a guy who was in and out of the squad, surely they wouldn’t have counted - so that should be the case here.

And, obviously, why would the Czechs select a player who cannot play?

Kamara punched him in the tunnel and then went to the dressing room. He told all the players what happened and what was said and the full team came out to challenge Slavia. The RTV cameras caught the racial abuse at the tunnel.

Should’ve been banned for at least a year and Slavia thrown out the competition but that’s Uefa for you corrupt and not serious about stamping out racism.

I would imagine they would only count if the Czech's include him in the squad which must be doubtful.

If the Czech nation have any morales they won't take him. Guess he'll be at the Euro's then.
My understanding is that his ban will count for the Euros.

Which means that it would be mental for the coach to include him in the squad.

So, like what happened with the Legia player who played against Celtic, the Euros would not count as matches served for the ban.

Does Kudela's ban include Czech Republics euro 2021 games even if he isn't picked for the squad?

Or does he have to be in listed in their 25 man squad for the ban to include these game?

10 game ban for the racist & rightly so.

3 games for Kamara though, I really feel for him.

It looks like he did lamp him in the tunnel but it would take some amount of control not to have a go at a guy who’s just racially abused you.

Yes he shouldn’t retaliate but the provocation was such it would be really really difficult not to.

Do UEFA friendly matches count?

Would be a major shame for Glen to miss out on the Euros with Finland.

In a selfish way that’s good for us as he’ll be available for the CL qualifiers.

If we struggle in the qualifiers with a hole in our midfield then we will have come out of this worse. The truth is nobody wins from these things.

Does Kudela's ban include Czech Republics euro 2021 games even if he isn't picked for the squad?

Or does he have to be in listed in their 25 man squad for the ban to include these game?
Like others I would think they would have to name him in the squad - as otherwise how do they prove the suspension counted for those games. Even if it's expanded to 25 men like is being proposed I can't see the Czech Republic manager wasting a place on a convicted racist he can't even play. His last contribution to the Czech Republic this year will be getting KOd by Bale

Feel a bit better if he is missing the euros, hopefully he is not named in the euro squad and has to serve all 10 in Europe

If the nugget hadn't abused GK we would have him for the playoffs.

No benefit to us that Kudela is banned we've suffered because of his antics.

If we struggle in the qualifiers with a hole in our midfield then we will have come out of this worse. The truth is nobody wins from these things.
Our first game is the 3rd/4th of August - I’d like to think we will have signed a midfielder or 2 by then. Will also have Ofoborh with a full pre-season behind him aswell.

Really feel for Glen - but I assume the evidence is relatively strong re the tunnel incident.
May have missed it but will Kamara’s 3 games cover Finland in the euros?

It has potentially retired Kudela from both international and European football. He’s 34, now missing his last chance at the Euros, potentially missing 1-2 years of European football for Slavia dependent on results.

As other posters have said, it’s now very unlikely that the Czech national team will use up one of their squad slots for a proven racist to help him out and let him serve some of his ban.

So in reality he will miss the Euros plus 10 games.

He should be facing a longer ban. I couldn’t give a shit if he is 24 or 34.

I personally hope he never kicks a ball again.

UEFA aren’t fit for purpose and this is yet another example that. They aren’t serious about trying to eradicate racism from football.

UEFA could have suspended the Kamara ban, based on good future behaviour.

That way they can make a point retaliation is wrong without punishing the victim.

3 game ban is cowardly appeasement to Prague who lied through their teeth throughout this process.
Sadly one lie they didn't say, was the one about the fracas in the tunnel.
We haven't boxed clever as a club here.

10 games isn’t enough for such a clear, premeditated act of racism.

I only hope Slavia’s club punishment is going to come out later and have them thrown out the competition. I’m not holding my breath.

Anybody else watching Piara Power on SSN about this right now ?

This is a bizarre outlook from him. Almost seems happy it's only 10 games.

We haven't boxed clever as a club here.
Im astonished we are sat here seeing these bans handed out knowing full well that club issued statement after statement calling Glen and Rangers liars.

And they are off scot-free

And theyve got the cheek to play ‘no to racism’ adverts (uefa)

Back