Turnbull Blatantly Kicks Aberdeen Player Off The Ball... And Is Not Red Carded – Collum Decision Is Inexcusable

Gollum. Cheat or incompetent? Either way that decision is scandalous as is the mhedia reporting on it.

Exactly mate.
The same way they thought Christie and McGregor would be their golden boys.
And look how that’s turned out for them.
All those superstars, who bossed around our banter year sides, have been well and truly found out. They have golf's equivalent to the yips now. Christie looks terrified. McGregor looks like....well, himself. Which always bugged me. How could this daft looking prick run the show against us. He's found out now. Never fully recover from the yips though. They're done. Turnbull the man to build a side around. Throw no neck in for good measure. DELICIOUS.

CO will be all over it. That's if we still have one. Not sure if the Tims actually need one for the rest of the season now.

Well, that’s the narrative being set for the rest of this ugly gimp’s career.

Normally off the ball kicks are cited because the ref didn't see it, the ref did see it and not only seen it but thinks it was only a trip?!! They could easily close ranks and protect Collum here and hope it disappears. Whatever is on Collums report will be lies, not his interpretation it will be his LIE and CHEATING.
Hopefully an outspoken Cormack comes out and attacks the SFA here as surely the tide is turning on the rancid organisation and the refs, every team must have a major grievance with how they're reffed and the transparency of the disciplinary process. Get Collum's match report out in public

Nothing will happen to Scotland's latest world class player ,who is being compared to Iniesta.

On a side note, I just don't see what the fuss is about with him.

That's poor even for Collum. He cant even say he didnt see it if he gave him a yellow

Three match ban coming Turnbull's way from the CO I reckon. :rolleyes:

Collum should have to explain his thinking in not giving a red. Utterly disgraceful refereeing and does the game no good at all. How referees expect any kids be of respect whilst making up tve rules as they go along?

morelos does that and its an instant red
Probably, and I'd be raging about that. However the clip at the beginning of the thread shows a petulant dunt by a frustrated player and doesn't look particularly aggressive or a deliberate attempt to cause injury.

If the treatment dished out to Alfie is the benchmark for consistency then yes Turnbull should have got a red but, though my opinion won't be popular, I have to say a yellow seems like the right call. The issue here is inconsistent treatment of players rather than the incident per se.

Last edited:
I won't hold my breath for him being cited. Even if he does, what are the chances that any ban will take place next season?? That's a red card and for those to say it was a 'no malice trip' need to have another look.
I'm another that doesn't think he's a particularly good player either.

Shown afterwards.

Thomson pointing out gollum is always quick with the reds.

Mcfadden trying to play it down. Out of character for Turnbull apparently. Aye, nae bother.

They do this deliberately.

Morelos incident against Hibs was in the main highlights package, McGregor stamp on Kamara wasn't but was shown afterwards for the pundits to discuss. You'd have to ask why both wouldn't be worthy to be in the same highlights package.

Means the incident isn't being shared and distributed and watched from their online pages so becomes as if it never happened.

Probably, and I'd be raging about that. However the clip at the beginning of the thread shows a petulant dunt by a frustrated player and doesn't look particularly aggressive or a deliberate attempt to cause injury.

If the treatment dished out to Alfie is the benchmark for consistency then yes Turnbull should have got a red, but though my opinion won't be popular I have to say a yellow seems like the right call. The issue here is inconsistent treatment of players rather than the incident per se.
The whistle had gone, play had been halted and the aberdeen player had stopped running. That means it is an off the ball kick at an opponent, not a mis-timed tackle. With that in mind, and seeing as it put the aberdeen player on his arse, can you please explain how it is anything other than violent conduct. Cheers.

I can only assume Collum has looked at Turnbull and thought Jesus look at the state of that, literally not got one thing going for him, no way I can send him off as well. Poor wee bastard, here have a yellow now where’s his helper so I can have a word

That is shocking and even worse is that there was no action from the referee. I'm not surprised though as Turnbull is the new Broonaldo who is exempt from the rules of the game.

Shown afterwards.

Thomson pointing out gollum is always quick with the reds.

Mcfadden trying to play it down. Out of character for Turnbull apparently. Aye, nae bother.
It may well have been out of character, but he should face retrospective action. I never understand these pundits downplaying incidents like this.

It was like a red shirt to a (Turn)bull, he has lost it and kicked out. A disgrace he stayed on the park. It will be even more of a disgrace if he faces no retrospective action particularly after the way Alfie and Roofe were dealt with this season.

The whistle had gone, play had been halted and the aberdeen player had stopped running. That means it is an off the ball kick at an opponent, not a mis-timed tackle. With that in mind, and seeing as it put the aberdeen player on his arse, can you please explain how it is anything other than violent conduct. Cheers.
The test is excessive force or brutality for violent conduct:

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Id say that there is excessive force there so red card.

The test is excessive force or brutality for violent conduct:

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Id say that there is excessive force there so red card.
In a situation where the play has stopped and you are not going for the ball, the 'appropriate' level of force is, clearly, zero force. That means by default, any force applied is excessive.

As clear a red as you will see and baffling that a Rangers fan would try and dismiss it.

In seasons where things are a lot tighter, these “honest mistakes” could be more critical. Does anyone think even the most bent VAR ref could justify no sending off after seeing that?

I’ve said it a hundred times here. We want VAR as a club, the Tims don’t. Work it out.
Not really sure what the difference is between a tv replay and watching it at the time.

We have about 10 refs that could watch it again and again and say its not a red because its Celtic also its an end of season game which is when a ref might decide to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I know the guy doing our game wasnt thinking that way he was looking to send one of ours off for some press attention but sometimes refs will be lenient when games are not so important.

When Rangers called for VAR i thought it was a way to speak about all the bias without saying its cheating, lets help the refs, such a tough job, i thought it was a terrible statement.

Celtic have never said they dont want it i think Lennon suggested VAR would have resulted in the tims being much further ahead last year but the scary thing is refs want to use video replays. Plenty of top refs have been interviewed saying we need it in Scotland maniacs like Bobby want access to replays.

Now this might be to get the big calls correct(it will happen yes)or it might be to take the cheating to another level....i know what i expect from them it sure aint balance or integrity.

Absolutely should get cited but won’t.
Can you imagine if Morelos did this, would be all we heard about for days on end.

As clear a red card as you'll ever see. Somebody on Twitter said he got booked for it but I've saw a couple of posters say he didn't, can anyone confirm?

Should definitely be cited for that but I'll be surprised if he does.

Something must have happened last night to cheat Celtic, they’ve been putting up with it since 1888 I can’t blame him for kicking out.

As clear a red card as you'll ever see. Somebody on Twitter said he got booked for it but I've saw a couple of posters say he didn't, can anyone confirm?

Should definitely be cited for that but I'll be surprised if he does.
he was booked. In depth analysis from the BBC:

1. 85'

Booking​

David Turnbull (Celtic) is shown the yellow card.
  2. 85'

Post update​

Foul by David Turnbull (Celtic).

Back