Pathetic Quality From Castore

Really informative post, thanks for that.

Stupidly simplistic question, but can we not do what the likes of Umbro, Lotto, Nike, Adidas etc do then?

In the main, we never had these extensive problems until Castore came on the scene.
Why is this? Genuine question.

I've defended them but there's consistent issues that probably comes down to Castore just not being an established enough brand for mass production and using a cheap factory.

I've said on here from before the kits were released that we would regret our desire for an embroidered badge because the Castore shirts were too thin for it. Look at the press release pictures and they have the same pulling. They probably made the decision not to embroider the Castore one because it's too detailed and has too many close gaps for a thin material. I don't know if it's changed, but I don't think any of Castore's normal range has embroidery because their badge and the small writing underneath is just not made for embroidery. I've not got all the tops to compare but this seasons are definitely much thinner than anything I have, which doesn't help with our badge. The thinness is something Castore brand as performance based but it could just be cost effective.

That could be overcome with quality template designs, semi-modern machines, and the machinists doing their job properly though. It's clear Castore don't have access to as good manufacturers as the others, their brand does in Portugal but it's second rate at best manufacturers for our stuff.

The thread count is too high and too thick and that could be fine with a better template and better machines won't jam as much so no bunching and bent writing. Old machines will jam all the time meaning the shirt stops moving but the needle keeps going, the cheap machines don't have a auto stop so it relies on the worker to stop it. These workers are just trying to push through and making only basic fixes to get the machine running again. The brands you mention pretty much have a monopoly on the best manufacturers during kit season though. I think one of the brothers maybe spoke about that in the interview with Mark or around that time as the reason for going to Turkey or China.

Then with quality control there's just more care put into better brands. Where I used to work, we done most of Scotland's school uniforms so there was huge rushes during a short period. We were pretty much told to take the time to make sure the 'better' schools were perfect and don't waste time fixing the issues on the 'lesser' schools. It will be the same with Castore until they establish themselves and have a bit of power with manufacturers.

I said to you last week or so that I thought a lot of the print problems are user error because the prints are actually quite good. But looking more at it now it's probably more likely the print material is decent to up the cost to Castore, the same as the thick overused thread, and over stitched interior, because a lot of pricing is done on thread and stitch count and thickness of print. Then they are skimping on the heat press time to get more done so it's peeling in the wash or under heat. Doing a 10 second instead of 15 second press will get you a third more done and they'll get through a few washes if you're lucky. That and the rushed embroidery points to a cheap factory that places quotas on their workers and docks them for wastage.

This shambles will be getting sent back on Monday morning. The embroidery of the castore emblem, champions 55, and badge are all miles off on an angle, and not centred.

You can't tell from the picture but when on the collar doesn't line up with the rest of the shirt. You'd think a blind man had put this thing together. An absolute joke.

Thanks for the information. It’s good to learn a bit of how this is done.

What do you make of mine in post 5285 ?

Poor embroidery again but these are slightly different. To do that kind of design properly would take three separate runs through the machine. They would use small hoops where each part was and embroider. What they've done is use the bigger hoops to just tighten the full chest area and put it through in one run. That's far too big for the material and the needle pressure is moving the shirt every time it hits. So it's not too bad in the thicker bits of the Rangers and Castore badge but the Castore fine writing is off because its moving and once it gets to the middle which is the now loosest part it just becomes a mess. It jammed multiple time trying to write champions and they've just pushed through.

Took me a minute to notice how bent it was on the shirt. Definitely just used a big hoop which is harder to centre and just went with their first go.

I got dogs abuse last week for having the audacity to say that that the quality on a fruit of the loom polo is better but I stand by it.
Why we went with a company who didn’t have the production capabilities to produce kits in house I’ll never know. Relying on factories all over Europe that don’t care about what is produced and banging on that ‘ better never stops’ is shameful. A strong rangers board would have ripped this contract up and went with a big company and not the equivalent of the clothes factory in coronation street

The only way to force change is to stop buying the products.

The more Castore release, the more supporters lap it up.

That’s why neither the Scouse Del Boys or the club care as the cash keeps rolling in regardless.

The only way to force change is to stop buying the products.

The more Castore release, the more supporters lap it up.

That’s why neither the Scouse Del Boys or the club care as the cash keeps rolling in regardless.

Everything I have bought from Castore has been perfect and still is.

Should I stop buying their stuff as well then?

I've defended them but there's consistent issues that probably comes down to Castore just not being an established enough brand for mass production and using a cheap factory.

I've said on here from before the kits were released that we would regret our desire for an embroidered badge because the Castore shirts were too thin for it. Look at the press release pictures and they have the same pulling. They probably made the decision not to embroider the Castore one because it's too detailed and has too many close gaps for a thin material. I don't know if it's changed, but I don't think any of Castore's normal range has embroidery because their badge and the small writing underneath is just not made for embroidery. I've not got all the tops to compare but this seasons are definitely much thinner than anything I have, which doesn't help with our badge. The thinness is something Castore brand as performance based but it could just be cost effective.

That could be overcome with quality template designs, semi-modern machines, and the machinists doing their job properly though. It's clear Castore don't have access to as good manufacturers as the others, their brand does in Portugal but it's second rate at best manufacturers for our stuff.

The thread count is too high and too thick and that could be fine with a better template and better machines won't jam as much so no bunching and bent writing. Old machines will jam all the time meaning the shirt stops moving but the needle keeps going, the cheap machines don't have a auto stop so it relies on the worker to stop it. These workers are just trying to push through and making only basic fixes to get the machine running again. The brands you mention pretty much have a monopoly on the best manufacturers during kit season though. I think one of the brothers maybe spoke about that in the interview with Mark or around that time as the reason for going to Turkey or China.

Then with quality control there's just more care put into better brands. Where I used to work, we done most of Scotland's school uniforms so there was huge rushes during a short period. We were pretty much told to take the time to make sure the 'better' schools were perfect and don't waste time fixing the issues on the 'lesser' schools. It will be the same with Castore until they establish themselves and have a bit of power with manufacturers.

I said to you last week or so that I thought a lot of the print problems are user error because the prints are actually quite good. But looking more at it now it's probably more likely the print material is decent to up the cost to Castore, the same as the thick overused thread, and over stitched interior, because a lot of pricing is done on thread and stitch count and thickness of print. Then they are skimping on the heat press time to get more done so it's peeling in the wash or under heat. Doing a 10 second instead of 15 second press will get you a third more done and they'll get through a few washes if you're lucky. That and the rushed embroidery points to a cheap factory that places quotas on their workers and docks them for wastage.

Thanks, bud, really informative post.

Doesn't sound too promising that things are going to improve by the sounds of it then.

Everything I have bought from Castore has been perfect and still is.

Should I stop buying their stuff as well then?

Obviously not if you’re happy with the product.

Do you think that people posting their Castore misfortunes are making it up?

Maybe if you keep buying enough of the product, you’ll get hit with the same shit people are complaining about.

That is painfully embarrassing, @Empire

What hope do us fans have when that's the club captain's shirt.

Castore need chased.
They're simply not anywhere near good enough to be associated with our club.

Can none of the what were once called ITK’s or fan media, Club1872 reps or anyone take the concerns of the support regarding Castore to the club?

The silence is shocking, the fans are being ripped off.

I've had no issues with my tops, but that's probably because they've only been worn a handful of times and washed once. Im simply too scared to wear them and wash them again, which isn't right. The state of the pro tops worn in game is disgraceful.

Obviously not if you’re happy with the product.

Do you think that people posting their Castore misfortunes are making it up?

Maybe if you keep buying enough of the product, you’ll get hit with the same shit people are complaining about.

Of course I dont.

However, me, my brother, sister, brother in law, mates etc all have at least a strip each whereas others have hoodys, training tops, strips for our kids and not a thing is wrong with any of it.

A lot of people see a few posts on here and assume that's what the majority of fans have experienced with Castore. In reality it's a very small number, not that that makes it ok.

Of course I dont.

However, me, my brother, sister, brother in law, mates etc all have at least a strip each whereas others have hoodys, training tops, strips for our kids and not a thing is wrong with any of it.

A lot of people see a few posts on here and assume that's what the majority of fans have experienced with Castore. In reality it's a very small number, not that that makes it ok.

Respectively, it’s miles off being a small number in reality, mate.

I still find it pretty shocking to be honest that the Beahon’s are nowhere to be seen.

They were all over fan media and engaging with us when they launched their range. I even spoke to Phil and Tom the day the club store opened. They were very impressive.

Second they started getting questioned over the quality of the items, they do a runner.
This must be some deal the club got out them, any other walk of life it’s a clear termination.

Surely now given our position we can bin them early

If you go on castores website and look at thier golf ,tennis gear and McLaren gear it looks so good. I think our board has been duped. Looking at the gear I just mentioned anyone would think wow this is brilliant. But they have obviously contracted our gear to someone else. We will be their biggest customer, no doubt about it. McLaren have a massive following but their fans dont buy gear like our fans will. I see so many folk strangely defending it, which I dont get. Have to say I've bought loads for me and my kid. Orange training top is now just and orange top nothing left on it. Away top and home top stickers are near enough off! The end of season stuff I couldnt get my head round but when I seen it was embroidered I liked it and now its sold out. My kid is only here every second week so his stuff Is still good.
In a way I do hope they get the deals with Newcastle and wolves, then they’ll be exposed.

Then again, by focusing on the EPL then we will truly get pish quality gear

Those tops are equally as embarrassing as Castore stitching issues.
But when they're a fraction of the price you can see why people are buying the retro ones.
Add in the fact if you do have an issue with a Castore product it's like trying to find bigfoot when you're contacting them.

Of course I dont.

In most cases it's the transfers/labeling coming away over time that's the problem. That's a lack of durability that's not always apparent in the beginning. Doesn't mean it's the same for all, but definitely far too many, that's for sure.

Of course I dont.

Reality is, you can't say with any certainty, either of those points are true.

Respectively, it’s miles off being a small number in reality, mate.

Is it though? I'm not defending them but considering the amount of stuff they must have shifted I'm not so sure.

FWIW I've got the training jumper which I've only worn & washed twice so early days for that & the orange training t-shirt which I haven't worn yet.

I have to say if I'd paid full price for either I would've felt they were pulling my pants down as premium it is not IMHO.

Reality is, you can't say with any certainty, either of those points are true.

I can only go by my experience and those I know who have all bought Rangers stuff from Castore. And that is a fair number of people considering my whole family and most of my close friends are all Rangers fans who have bought at least the home strip. not one of us have had a problem with anything, genuinely mate its all been perfect so far. I have the home top, 2 hoody's and a pair of joggies (my missus got me them for working from home :) ) My son has the home and away, black out crew neck and polo shirt and I haven't got one complaint about any of it.

You cant say though that the echo chamber of FF, where its the same names that pop up on every thread relating to this, is reflective of the overall support.

This site represents a very, very small number of the support. People see these threads though and get mixed up with the constant posts and actual real life.

Last edited:
This shambles will be getting sent back on Monday morning. The embroidery of the castore emblem, champions 55, and badge are all miles off on an angle, and not centred.

You can't tell from the picture but when on the collar doesn't line up with the rest of the shirt. You'd think a blind man had put this thing together. An absolute joke.

That's a shocker. I've plans, like many others, to get this top framed. It'll be getting sent back if it looks anything like that!

Just checked mine and yeah the lettering is a bit naff on inspection. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it if I hadn't seen the this thread.

That said, folk are correct that Castore have delivered far lesser quality than probably anticipated for a brand that defines itself on being premium. Bombard you with emails of more and more additional products, clearly captialising on 55 when it would be nice to juust focus on getting the basic stuff up to a better standard.

Poor embroidery again but these are slightly different. To do that kind of design properly would take three separate runs through the machine. They would use small hoops where each part was and embroider. What they've done is use the bigger hoops to just tighten the full chest area and put it through in one run. That's far too big for the material and the needle pressure is moving the shirt every time it hits. So it's not too bad in the thicker bits of the Rangers and Castore badge but the Castore fine writing is off because its moving and once it gets to the middle which is the now loosest part it just becomes a mess. It jammed multiple time trying to write champions and they've just pushed through.

Took me a minute to notice how bent it was on the shirt. Definitely just used a big hoop which is harder to centre and just went with their first go.
What are the QC protocols in the textile industry? I used to work a lot with the Japanese car companies in the UK and their goal was a defect in 1 in a million parts. Incredibly this is something they achieved. I understand that they will spend advance years engineering the parts as such, but its still pretty impressive. I have read on here that around 3% of products have been returned because of poor quality. If you think most people cant be bothered with a returns process, that would suggest well over 5% of products are faulty. Is that an industry acceptable figure?

The only problem I’ve had so far is the away strip. There was a few black smudges at the bottom & at the back. Everything else I have has been fine but then again only been worn a handful of times as I’m too scared to wash them

I used to think their stuff was OK but my 3rd top is starting to peel really badly and it's usually in the same wash as the home which is OK. Also the embroidery on the Champions top I got isn't the greatest either

I've now emailed, sent photo's and asked for full refunds on the three Champions 2020/21 shirts I'd ordered. I'd have happily exchanged for replacements but I don't trust they'll be of any higher standard looking at the amount of shocking pics on here and elsewhere on social media.

Has no one from Castore or Rangers said anything at all regarding the substandard quality? Honestly would have thought these were cheap fakes if I hadn't ordered direct.

I can only go by my experience and those I know who have all bought Rangers stuff from Castore. And that is a fair number of people considering my whole family and most of my close friends are all Rangers fans who have bought at least the home strip. not one of us have had a problem with anything, genuinely mate its all been perfect so far. I have the home top, 2 hoody's and a pair of joggies (my missus got me them for working from home :) ) My son has the home and away, black out crew neck and polo shirt and I haven't got one complaint about any of it.

You cant say though that the echo chamber of FF, where its the same names that pop up on every thread relating to this, is reflective of the overall support.

This site represents a very, very small number of the support. People see these threads though and get mixed up with the constant posts and actual real life.
You need to get your relentlessly excellent suppliers for Castore kit linked up with our players then mate.

Cancelled my order for the champions top today citing my concerns over quality control issues, a bit gutted about it to be honest but it's the only way companies take any notice, I ordered it on 7/3/21 & it was the second batch, I was refunded pretty much instantly & apology received.

T
What are the QC protocols in the textile industry? I used to work a lot with the Japanese car companies in the UK and their goal was a defect in 1 in a million parts. Incredibly this is something they achieved. I understand that they will spend advance years engineering the parts as such, but its still pretty impressive. I have read on here that around 3% of products have been returned because of poor quality. If you think most people cant be bothered with a returns process, that would suggest well over 5% of products are faulty. Is that an industry acceptable figure?
The protocols tend to just be a supervisor glancing through a batch, it's pretty much done the same every time so you can hide mistakes in boxes you know aren't getting checked, or mix the bad in with good and the supervisor might only take one out instead of 10. The industry standard for returns is around 2.5-3% which is quite high when you look at other manufacturing, I believe one of the Beahon's said in August they were over 5% and they weren't happy with that. Then if you take into account not all faults are returned then they are higher.

There are differences in companies but when you look at the statistics it should be around 94% passing QC, 5.5% requiring alterations, and 0.5% rejection. From the minimum figures we have it seems Castore's manufacturer don't do alterations or rejections. Most of the stuff on this thread like bunched up thread could have been fixed with the alterations, others like bent badges would be the rejections

I’ve posted quite a lot on this thread over the season. I go from giving them the benefit of the doubt (rushed job/pandemic) to thinking they are a total shambles (school jumpers/pro kit carry on/silence from them about the issues fans are having)

I’ve got quite a lot of the Castore range. I went mad at the start, like most of us we were desperate to be able to buy our gear again support the club from buying merchandise. A lot of it I’ve never even worn and are still brand new because I know the second it gets washed (even following the correct method) there is a high chance it’s not going to survive. I am also still waiting on the Champions Home Kit despite ordering it in the first batch minutes after they went on pre order (many have received theirs despite ordering after me) and my wee girl has the infant home Kit (not pictured). I have also bought the travel cup (arrived broken and binned instantly made from the cheapest parts ever) and the Water bottle which isn’t even BPA free) and the Golf Umbrella (never used)

2AD2E086-E3B5-4424-BCEA-8A5690C3A83D.jpeg

I have 3 pairs of training shorts and two of them are a shambles and are all made completely differently to each other.

I bought the Navy training shorts the day the Store at Ibrox opened. The Rangers badge is holding on for dear life but the coating on the stars is starting to fade away. The badge and Castore logo is almost gel like which is different to the others I have. The overall material is a shambles also. I only ever wear these in the house or out a walk.

F895BBED-620C-4F89-8867-F796D53FA99C.jpeg
7F3508D4-FE51-494D-A7C2-35B948AE3346.jpeg
86728A90-CAAF-4711-A195-A70F7A079771.jpeg

I got the Grey and Orange shorts for Christmas and they are by far the worst of them all. They’ve been worn once and then washed and the Castore logo had all but gone and one of the stars were away and the badge is peeling. The transfers are the worst quality I’ve seen. They have been made so cheaply it’s embarrassing. I’ve been waiting to take these back into the store for a return/refund since but obviously has been shut until yesterday.

D37D73BA-A87E-4A88-B00E-F9AE18368E94.jpeg

The 3rd pair of shorts I have is the Black and Gold ones. The badge is embroidered so no problems there but the biggest upgrade is the Castore logo. It feels higher quality and they’ve got rid of the Castore letters under it as they are obviously aware of the issues.

3DEA42B3-9634-4EC0-9BB3-2E0648B99377.jpeg
46824E75-7413-4876-9DAC-E3D275FE731E.jpeg

To compare the quality from a brand like Nike compared to what Castore are serving up, here is a Chicago Bears training top I’ve had since around 2016. There are 3 logos on it, all a heat transfer and there is absolutely zero issues with them and the top is 5 years old.

160766D5-5F9A-4928-AB91-5A0ADE82B50D.jpeg

I would have bought the away jersey, 3rd kit and retro kit for my collection (never wear the kits) but going by my own experience it’s just not worth it anymore. I’m lucky enough to be in a position where I can buy merch and only wear the training gear and the kits without ever wearing them to support our club but at the time they came out, I just didn’t trust them.

I was hoping they would sort these issues and use different methods (like the black and gold range) for next season but after seeing some of the pictures of the Champions range, they are still taking the piss out of us completely.

I’ve posted quite a lot on this thread over the season. I go from giving them the benefit of the doubt (rushed job/pandemic) to thinking they are a total shambles (school jumpers/pro kit carry on/silence from them about the issues fans are having)

I’ve got quite a lot of the Castore range. I went mad at the start, like most of us we were desperate to be able to buy our gear again support the club from buying merchandise. A lot of it I’ve never even worn and are still brand new because I know the second it gets washed (even following the correct method) there is a high chance it’s not going to survive. I am also still waiting on the Champions Home Kit despite ordering it in the first batch minutes after they went on pre order (many have received theirs despite ordering after me) and my wee girl has the infant home Kit (not pictured). I have also bought the travel cup (arrived broken and binned instantly made from the cheapest parts ever) and the Water bottle which isn’t even BPA free) and the Golf Umbrella (never used)

View attachment 2036

I have 3 pairs of training shorts and two of them are a shambles and are all made completely differently to each other.

I bought the Navy training shorts the day the Store at Ibrox opened. The Rangers badge is holding on for dear life but the coating on the stars is starting to fade away. The badge and Castore logo is almost gel like which is different to the others I have. The overall material is a shambles also. I only ever wear these in the house or out a walk.

View attachment 2037
View attachment 2038
View attachment 2039

I got the Grey and Orange shorts for Christmas and they are by far the worst of them all. They’ve been worn once and then washed and the Castore logo had all but gone and one of the stars were away and the badge is peeling. The transfers are the worst quality I’ve seen. They have been made so cheaply it’s embarrassing. I’ve been waiting to take these back into the store for a return/refund since but obviously has been shut until yesterday.

View attachment 2040

The 3rd pair of shorts I have is the Black and Gold ones. The badge is embroidered so no problems there but the biggest upgrade is the Castore logo. It feels higher quality and they’ve got rid of the Castore letters under it as they are obviously aware of the issues.

View attachment 2041
View attachment 2042

To compare the quality from a brand like Nike compared to what Castore are serving up, here is a Chicago Bears training top I’ve had since around 2016. There are 3 logos on it, all a heat transfer and there is absolutely zero issues with them and the top is 5 years old.

View attachment 2043

I would have bought the away jersey, 3rd kit and retro kit for my collection (never wear the kits) but going by my own experience it’s just not worth it anymore. I’m lucky enough to be in a position where I can buy merch and only wear the training gear and the kits without ever wearing them to support our club but at the time they came out, I just didn’t trust them.

I was hoping they would sort these issues and use different methods (like the black and gold range) for next season but after seeing some of the pictures of the Champions range, they are still taking the piss out of us completely.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that.

No one, not even the people who’ve been defending Castore the most, can look at your evidence and deny the fact that Castore aren’t fit for purpose.

My Champions top arrived today. I don't know if I'm being hyper critical after the recent posts here, but the embroidering does look poor. My Champions 55 section in the middle looked wonky but I think it's just the way the top is folded in the bag. I'm sure it'll look good in a frame though.

I had said I wasn't buying any more Castore product but got carried away when the Champions tops went on sale, but the jury is definitely still out on them for me.

No one, not even the people who’ve been defending Castore the most, can look at your evidence and deny the fact that Castore aren’t fit for purpose.
If you determine fit for purpose as an alternative sportswear company thats absolutely not willing to match Mike Ashleys deal in order to remove him and benefit Rangers FC to the tune of millions of pounds - but meets with your own quality control and sportswear desires.

That’s fine, that’s your choice. But they clearly werent interested so your preference for that option equals Rangers FC financially poorer and nobody wearing the badge, still, after 9 years.

Thanks to yesterdays sale splurge and a child now wanting Rangers gear I have approaching 30 castore items in my household, with not a broken bit anywhere except for a scuffed interior logo on a coaches top.

There’s clear guidance on the thread from someone in the industry around the heat press needing to be better. So lets just focus on that precise detail being correct in future, as if youve watched the Rangers webinar, they are finalising shirts for the 151st season. You arent getting rid of them and the club doesn’t want rid of them, unless someone on here actually wants to front up and admit who within the club is raging after going round in circles on here for 9 months, its clearly not James Bisgrove.

We get to wear the Rangers brand and the exact same items you see the players play / train and travel wearing.

Rangers get paid a fortune to make it happen, maybe that got us an extra player and a title this season.

There is no ‘rid of them’ play here, so lets make the best of it and find middle ground. I’d be disappointed if nobody from the club wants that improvement to happen if it only costs a couple hundred k to ensure people get the very best both in customer service and quality of the items. The sales must be clear in terms of how much they are making year on year.

In another round of "They can't actually be that fucking stupid" I see that after partnering with the most hated golfer on the planet, Patrick Reed, Castore are still partnered with Thorbjorn Olesen. The very promising Danish Golfer who awaits trial for walking up and down the first class cabin of a BA flight with his knob out taking a piss and sexual assault of a flight attendant.

Maybe the badge on his plus-fours was straight at least.

Slightly OT(not clothing related), has anyone received their "official party pack" yet? £25.

I pre-ordered mine end of March but not heard a peep since. Had a confirmation email on day I bought it and that's it.

Slightly OT(not clothing related), has anyone received their "official party pack" yet? £25.

I pre-ordered mine end of March but not heard a peep since. Had a confirmation email on day I bought it and that's it.
Also ordered that on the day of release, still nothing received. Don’t think anyone has to be honest.

If you determine fit for purpose as an alternative sportswear company thats absolutely not willing to match Mike Ashleys deal in order to remove him and benefit Rangers FC to the tune of millions of pounds - but meets with your own quality control and sportswear desires.

That’s fine, that’s your choice. But they clearly werent interested so your preference for that option equals Rangers FC financially poorer and nobody wearing the badge, still, after 9 years.

Thanks to yesterdays sale splurge and a child now wanting Rangers gear I have approaching 30 castore items in my household, with not a broken bit anywhere except for a scuffed interior logo on a coaches top.

There’s clear guidance on the thread from someone in the industry around the heat press needing to be better. So lets just focus on that precise detail being correct in future, as if youve watched the Rangers webinar, they are finalising shirts for the 151st season. You arent getting rid of them and the club doesn’t want rid of them, unless someone on here actually wants to front up and admit who within the club is raging after going round in circles on here for 9 months, its clearly not James Bisgrove.

We get to wear the Rangers brand and the exact same items you see the players play / train and travel wearing.

Rangers get paid a fortune to make it happen, maybe that got us an extra player and a title this season.

There is no ‘rid of them’ play here, so lets make the best of it and find middle ground. I’d be disappointed if nobody from the club wants that improvement to happen if it only costs a couple hundred k to ensure people get the very best both in customer service and quality of the items. The sales must be clear in terms of how much they are making year on year.

You make a lot of good points, but allow me to counter some of them.

Yes, I appreciate that there wasn't a queue of alternatives at the time, but that was a year ago. Away from Ashley's clutches, we're a completely different proposition. It's certainly not unheard of for bigger names to buy out contracts, and with our level of sales, we're an attractive proposition.

But I digress, back to the main talking points.
I'm delighted for you that you personally have so many faultless items. However, this thread, other threads, and social media clearly demonstrate many others haven't been as fortunate as you've been.

In a perfect world, we would indeed find this middle ground you mention. However, Castore very much need to play their part here and tell us how things are going to improve, show a willingness to make things improve, and not just talk the talk and actually make these improvements happen.

That, almost a year in, we're still seeing almost every release, of which there have been many, littered with embarrassing faults, doesn't give me too much hope for the future.
If our latest merchandise items are still being rushed out with little quality control, then what reason is there to suggest an improvement is imminent?

Even this weekend, we've seen pictures of our club captain wearing a faulty Castore shirt with bits falling off.
If they can't get it right for our own players, what hope do we fans have?

For me, one of the most disappointing aspects so far to this farce is the complete lack of acknowledgement from Castore and the club that there has been extensive problems. An acknowledgment of the many problems as well as a commitment to improvement and details of how this improvement will be achieved would go a long way.

We heard a great deal from the Castore brothers in the early stages of the deal and they were seen everywhere telling all and sundry about how great their company is.
Yet, we've barely seen them or heard a word from them since the widespread problems became apparent.
We've also heard very little from the club on this issue, too.

Given that Castore keep signing new partnerships, this doesn't give me a great deal of hope that things will suddenly improve. I believe they're out of their depth and things may only get worse as more is expected of them.

Given that we seem to be no further forward, I can only conclude that Castore are so happy with the exposure and sales volumes, and the club are so happy with the financials, that both are happy to continue to offer our fans merchandise that isn't fit for purpose.

I hope very much that I'm wrong and there is a dramatic improvement, but we need clear evidence of this.
Well-written posts such as your one are helpful in providing an alternative point of view, but what we really need to happen is for Castore's merchandise to dramatically improve.

When it all comes down to it, as soon as Castore release merchandise of the quality our fans deserve, then everyone will stop talking about this issue, myself included.

You make a lot of good points, but allow me to counter some of them.

Yes, I appreciate that there wasn't a queue of alternatives at the time, but that was a year ago. Away from Ashley's clutches, we're a completely different proposition. It's certainly not unheard of for bigger names to buy out contracts, and with our level of sales, we're an attractive proposition.

But I digress, back to the main talking points.
I'm delighted for you that you personally have so many faultless items. However, this thread, other threads, and social media clearly demonstrate many others haven't been as fortunate as you've been.

In a perfect world, we would indeed find this middle ground you mention. However, Castore very much need to play their part here and tell us how things are going to improve, show a willingness to make things improve, and not just talk the talk and actually make these improvements happen.

That, almost a year in, we're still seeing almost every release, of which there have been many, littered with embarrassing faults, doesn't give me too much hope for the future.
If our latest merchandise items are still being rushed out with little quality control, then what reason is there to suggest an improvement is imminent?

Even this weekend, we've seen pictures of our club captain wearing a faulty Castore shirt with bits falling off.
If they can't get it right for our own players, what hope do we fans have?

For me, one of the most disappointing aspects so far to this farce is the complete lack of acknowledgement from Castore and the club that there has been extensive problems. An acknowledgment of the many problems as well as a commitment to improvement and details of how this improvement will be achieved would go a long way.

We heard a great deal from the Castore brothers in the early stages of the deal and they were seen everywhere telling all and sundry about how great their company is.
Yet, we've barely seen them or heard a word from them since the widespread problems became apparent.
We've also heard very little from the club on this issue, too.

Given that Castore keep signing new partnerships, this doesn't give me a great deal of hope that things will suddenly improve. I believe they're out of their depth and things may only get worse as more is expected of them.

Given that we seem to be no further forward, I can only conclude that Castore are so happy with the exposure and sales volumes, and the club are so happy with the financials, that both are happy to continue to offer our fans merchandise that isn't fit for purpose.

I hope very much that I'm wrong and there is a dramatic improvement, but we need clear evidence of this.
Well-written posts such as your one are helpful in providing an alternative point of view, but what we really need to happen is for Castore's merchandise to dramatically improve.

When it all comes down to it, as soon as Castore release merchandise of the quality our fans deserve, then everyone will stop talking about this issue, myself included.

I think this is exactely the situation as things stand

Slightly off topic, I was at the Fort yesterday and was in Tessuti. For those that don’t know it’s a clothes shop that sells all the top designer brands.

They are now selling Castore gear. No Rangers items just some golf items and T-shirts.

Back