Fashion Sakala in advanced Rangers signing talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's done deal 4 year contract to be confirmed in the coming days

https://www.walfoot.be/news/2021-04...res-le-standard/amp?__twitter_impression=true

At the end of the contract, Fashion Sakala signed for a club which will play in the Champions League. He will communicate it in the coming days.

In recent weeks, the best elements of KV Ostend have been cited in other clubs. Jack Hendry, Jelle Bataille or Arthur Theate could well wear another jersey in a few months. Even coach Alexander Blessin could also be at the head of another team.

One player is currently certain to play for another club next season: Fashion Sakala. The attacker is indeed at the end of the contract and will not extend to the Coast.

"I have an agreement with a club, this week everything will be signed," said Sakala in Het Nieuwblad. "After the game against Standard , I will make my choice known."

His choice will be the Glasgow Rangers. He will sign a 4-year contract there, where he will be directed by Steven Gerrard.
On paper, a good free acquisition.

Good goal record in a more competitive league than ours, good age, versatile and pacy. Sell JJ for £1m or so and bring him in on a free is excellent business on paper.
I’d be looking for a bit more than that to be honest, but your general point I agree with!.

Reactions: LD5
I hope so. He looks a very tidy player.

Probably spells the end for Katic and Edmundson at the club but it's all about continuous improvement. If we want to become Champions League regulars then we need to build a squad year on year that is capable of such.
Edmundson is finished and as much as a love the big man it's a long way back for Katic imo.

It’s defintley good to have options . In the most recent football manager I was having draw after draw until I changed formation to 4-1-2-3 with my main players being two old fashioned “ inside forwards “ who stay out wide but cut in and support the striker all of a sudden draws turned to wins with the exact same players . It shows what can be done , you can’t be rigid and stick to one strict formation and Gerrard himself has alluded to that .
That is fantastic.
In a lock down , lock-in in, cabin fever kind of way.

It’s defintley good to have options . In the most recent football manager I was having draw after draw until I changed formation to 4-1-2-3 with my main players being two old fashioned “ inside forwards “ who stay out wide but cut in and support the striker all of a sudden draws turned to wins with the exact same players . It shows what can be done , you can’t be rigid and stick to one strict formation and Gerrard himself has alluded to that .
Alarming you have a similar user name to me.

What if people get us confused???

:eek:

I can't really comment on the player given I've seen only a few clips. However, it is pleasing to see business being done early.

Not sure if already posted.

His ex manager at Oostende wasn't very complimentary about him on the Record Rangers Podcast.

Basically said he runs fast but isn't very good when he has time to think about things.

His ex manager at Oostende wasn't very complimentary about him on the Record Rangers Podcast.

Basically said he runs fast but isn't very good when he has time to think about things.

It's been mentioned loads of times, but he was referring mostly to when he coached him 3 years ago and said he had improved.

We have very good coaches who will improve him.

He managed him 2 years ago when he was only 21 and just moved to Belgium. Lille were linked with a him a lot also, would suggest he has something about him if they were looking at him.

Happy to take him for free and on (I guess) not massive wages but we seem to be doing this a lot and have a very big squad already.
Can this guy get in the first X1? Probably not, is he a decent squad player?
Maybe, but do we not have enough of those?
Not really happy with these types of signings, we need to introduce TOP quality to the squad we have.
We need to improve.
Better Never Stops

Seems like good business on a free, especially since it looks like we will move Jones on for a reasonable fee.

The bulk of transfer fees this summer should be focused on a couple of quality midfielders

Happy to take him for free and on (I guess) not massive wages but we seem to be doing this a lot and have a very big squad already.
Not really happy with these types of signings, we need to introduce TOP quality to the squad we have.
We need to improve.
Better Never Stops

FFS, some people are never happy,
It's exactly the type of exciting signing we should be making, you expecting us to be competing for Messi's signature? :))

So he’s the new Kenny Miller then?

Reactions: Baz
No, I dont expect us to sign Messi
Maybe you can expand on why i should be excited with this signing?

He's a 24 year old Zambian international who has scored goals in a League that is better than ours.

Even if he isn't the finished article, we have plenty of scope to turn him into a better player and potentially sell him on for a decent bit of profit in the future.

He's a free transfer. The big money signings don't happen during the end of the season. The window hasn't even opened yet. I suspect we won't know much about the players we are going to bid on, we didn't in the last window either. With players like Roofe and Itten arriving fairly quickly and under the radar.

Being excited about a signing isn't a bad thing.

Once again I’m happy to trust our recruitment team and manager on this one. We aren’t messing about when it comes to recruitment these days. Homework has been done and that’s good enough for me. Up to the player now to take the opportunity to play at the best club he will ever sign for

We need to improve.
Better Never Stops

We wouldn't have won the title without improving the squad. In the past seasons when a first XI starter has been out, the drop-off to their replacement has weakened the team considerably. Not so much this term.

There will be a number of exits this Summer. We need to add to the squad and starting line-up. The latter will undoubtedly come later given it's only April 30th.

I have absolute belief in the gaffer and those above him to make the correct decisions when it comes to recruitment.

He's a 24 year old Zambian international who has scored goals in a League that is better than ours.

Even if he isn't the finished article, we have plenty of scope to turn him into a better player and potentially sell him on for a decent bit of profit in the future.

He's a free transfer. The big money signings don't happen during the end of the season. The window hasn't even opened yet. I suspect we won't know much about the players we are going to bid on, we didn't in the last window either. With players like Roofe and Itten arriving fairly quickly and under the radar.

Being excited about a signing isn't a bad thing.
Happy to reply
He has "scored goals" how many? goals per games?
I agree with "buy small, sell high" but you have to have something to you can show in games what he can do. Is he good enough to be a first team player? If he is ... great!!! Then we can can sell him on for a profit :)
However .... if he is not

Happy to reply
He has "scored goals" how many? goals per games?
I agree with "buy small, sell high" but you have to have something to you can show in games what he can do. Is he good enough to be a first team player? If he is ... great!!! Then we can can sell him on for a profit :)
However .... if he is not
This season his goal to game ratio is just under a goal every 2 games which is great for a team near the bottom of the league. You don't even know yourself if he will be a first team player or not, so saying you're unhappy at the signing yet knowing literally nothing about him is a bit daft.

This season his goal to game ratio is just under a goal every 2 games which is great for a team near the bottom of the league. You don't even know yourself if he will be a first team player or not, so saying you're unhappy at the signing yet knowing literally nothing about him is a bit daft.
They finished 5th mate, only a couple of points behind 4th but again I agree with your point.

I can’t fathom how people can write off someone they’d never heard of till last week, it’s just ridiculous and especially when the signing was a free.

No, I dont expect us to sign Messi
Maybe you can expand on why i should be excited with this signing?

From the videos posted, he looks like an exciting prospect. Young, direct, fast, tearing it up against a Standard Liege team that we had a couple of tough games against.
He looks very quick, which should suit our high press and counter attacking style. I think we lack a bit of pace outside Kent and Wright.
I'm quite whelmed, but feel free to be underwhelmed, it's a free country mate.

Unhappy at the signing? never said that, you made that up

They finished 5th mate, only a couple of points behind 4th but again I agree with your point.

I can’t fathom how people can write off someone they’d never heard of till last week, it’s just ridiculous and especially when the signing was a free.
Can you point out those who are writing the signing off?

Its bipolar fortnight in here. Either folk want us to rip up our formation to get this guy into a 442, or folk are claiming he is pish because his ex coach said he is a bit raw.

Everything about him fits into our profile.

The O Halloran hot take was absolutely fucking tragic.

Signings threads starting to carry the match day thread vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back