Your Tactical Voting Guide

Tory double tactically in my constituency but I can just never bring myself to vote for them.
Don't like or trust BoJo but for my area Conservative is the best chance to keep SNP out so they will be getting my vote.

Independence is a one-way decision that can't be reversed whereas individual politicians and parties can be kicked out.

Conservative, I'll be voting in my area, as tactical vote recommends. Labour in list vote. Reality is ,only an invigorated Labour, possibly under Sarwar, can halt the SNP dreamers and haters.

Most unionist clubs are saying Tory in constituency vote and either Labour or Lib dems in the list vote.

The confusion will cost us.
Actually it’s the same boundaries for UK constituency as it is the Scottish constituency.

I was looking at the 2016 results from Holyrrood.

So yes, I would vote Conservative judging by the UK vote in 2019. Unionist club are correct.

Don't like or trust BoJo but for my area Conservative is the best chance to keep SNP out so they will be getting my vote.

Independence is a one-way decision that can't be reversed whereas individual politicians and parties can be kicked out.
Exactly. Priority is get Nats out. And frankly at least you know what you get with the Tories....but Starmer and co?

It’s time for all true blues to save the union ,save the flag and put an end to talk of divisive nationalism. Deep down surely the public must realise we’d be worse off with barriers between us and our main trading partners down south. Instead of division we should be looking at what brings us together,we’re stronger together. Just had my second jab ,wouldn’t of had that in Nicks European Union. Nats Out !

It’s time for all true blues to save the union ,save the flag and put an end to talk of divisive nationalism. Deep down surely the public must realise we’d be worse off with barriers between us and our main trading partners down south. Instead of division we should be looking at what brings us together,we’re stronger together. Just had my second jab ,wouldn’t of had that in Nicks European Union. Nats Out !

Not looking to derail the thread but this article shows how the majority of SNP voters (wrongly) believe Scotland loses out:

Labour and Tory both need to do well. They need each other now otherwise it's Nats in and you are looking at the potential end of our United Kingdom. If Tory has to vote Labour or if Labour has to vote Tory, do it to save the Union.
Sorry mate, from my perspective the Tories are just as big a threat, they sold out Northern Ireland and they regularly give the Nats easy ammo. I won't advise anyone how to vote, but in my opinion a vote for the Tories forgives them for what they've done to this country over the last ten years.

Sorry mate, from my perspective the Tories are just as big a threat, they sold out Northern Ireland and they regularly give the Nats easy ammo. I won't advise anyone how to vote, but in my opinion a vote for the Tories forgives them for what they've done to this country over the last ten years.
Fair enough but get ready to apply for your Scottish Passport

unfortunately I feel all the tactical voting will fall down because people can't see SNP are the enemy of everyone who supports the Union

"I've voted Labour all my life, my dad voted them" etc. It's not as if people are going to know who you voted for, just vote to keep the SNP out and vote for the one who has the most chance in your constituency. I generally have no allegiance to any party because I think most of them are in for themselves but Tory is the tactical choice so that is who I will pick
I can't get my head round that.
It's the exact same sheep mentality, vote for a party regardless that we laugh at the natsis for.

It's here and now. It's your vote, not your dad's or your grandas!

Vote for what's important to you, in this moment. Margaret Thatchers dead, move on.

Fair enough but get ready to apply for your Scottish Passport
Why? I'm voting Labour. They won't partition the UK like the Tories did.

Just because they have unionist in the name doesn't make them unionist, just like having democratic in before North Korea doesn't actually make it democratic.

Labour then Conservative despite Labour doing everything they can to put me off.
Same here, but they are the only real chance of getting the seat. Their local guy (Bibby) has been in our area a couple of times (probably the only canvassers let alone MSP candidates I've seen in the 9 years living here incidentally), I missed him but my wife said he seemed ok though I wanted to ask why they backed that hate crime bill, that really made the decision difficult.

Please do it mate.
Nobody should need to a double if they don’t want to.

With most regions across the central belt a Labour vote on the regional vote is as important as any.

Constituency is the important one to vote tactically.

Then one of Labour or Conservative in the list vote. Unless you live in a region popular with the Lib Dem’s you can vote them too.

I think the SNP team will want to redact a lot of the papers before the count, as they seem to be allowed to do with other things. Seriously though I think I heard a while ago it was going to be a couple of days at least delay due to Covid restrictions but they make this stuff up as they go so who knows. I've been trying to avoid all social media and press related to it and them for a month, has been good for my sanity tbh though if they do well in this I fear it will be an even worse five years coming up than the last.
Will the count be done immediately after polls close as normal or will it be changed due to pandemic.

"Hey, you know those guys that put a border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK for no reason? You should vote for them so there isn't a border between Scotland and England!"

Some fantastic mental gymnastics going on in that piece.

Labour and Coservative for me then. Must admit never voted Labour in my life. But we need to get the snatzis out.

Tory leaflet states "ONLY lending your party list vote to.....the Scottish Conservatives.....can stop the SNP and Indyref2...."

Not true. Another Tory lie.

Labour 1 and 2 for me.
aNoThEr ToRy LiE
spongebob.jpg

Fucking grow up and leave your partisan bollocks outside a thread that is about tactical voting for the good of the Union.

Labour and Coservative for me then. Must admit never voted Labour in my life. But we need to get the snatzis out.
My dad is voting labour in his area for the first time in his life. It's dawned on him that tactical voting is the only way to get rid of the Natsi's.

Been Labour all my days in EK but Tories will get my second vote. Know many Labour diehards who are planning on exactly the same. Strange days but necessary to stop Nationalism.

Back