Your Tactical Voting Guide

Thanks for posting this... made my decision easy: labour/conservative. I'd be beyond delighted if we managed to kick the SNP out of Renfrewshire South.

3 Votes in our household, constituency Labour (reluctantly) and Conservative (enthusiastically) on List. Not confident of ousting the Natsi MSP here in Glenrothes though.

Conservative both votes for Household with 4 voters for Linlithgow. Let's get rid of these parasites for good..

"Millions upon millions of your fellow countrymen and women vote SNP. Routinely. But they’re all wrong, eh? You’ve got the world all figured out, don’t you? You’ve got all the answers. Yawn."

See what I mean?
Thanks for repeating what I said. It would really help if you could actually articulate the “fault in [my] logic”. I’m particularly curious seeing as I didn’t present any logically derived summation.

Thanks for repeating what I said. It would really help if you could actually articulate the “fault in [my] logic”. I’m particularly curious seeing as I didn’t present any logically derived summation.
If you're not allowed to criticise people for voting Tory then you're not allowed to criticise anyone for voting SNP.

Do you think that there are valid reasons to vote SNP?

Both votes conservatives in Cunningham South for me and the good lady- now round at my daughters house getting the 3 votes from there to get off their arses. Another 3 votes will be forthcoming for conservatives 1 & 2 within the next 30 minutes

If you're not allowed to criticise people for voting Tory then you're not allowed to criticise anyone for voting SNP.

Do you think that there are valid reasons to vote SNP?
Note that I did not mention the SNP. I didn’t even state that I have voted/will vote Tory. You have run away with predetermined logic, resulting in a bit of a faux pas on your part.

All I was getting at in the op was the inane posturing by some people who like to think they have the world all sussed out and thus turn their nose up at people who vote a certain way.

Both votes conservatives in Cunningham South for me and the good lady- now round at my daughters house getting the 3 votes from there to get off their arses. Another 3 votes will be forthcoming for conservatives 1 & 2 within the next 30 minutes

The advice for Cunningham is Labour for the first vote and Tory for the second vote, if you want to keep the SNP out.

^ Pretty much me leaving the polling station after slamming my tactical votes into the box.

The advice for Cunningham is Labour for the first vote and Tory for the second vote, if you want to keep the SNP out.
The unionist club vote was 1. Conservatives 2. Labour
The daily mail vote was 1. Labour 2. Conservatives
The Scotland in Union vote was 1. Conservatives 2. Labour or Conservatives

everyone telling us different but I know from most in my circle of friends that they are voting 1. David Rocks (con) 2. Conservatives as Labour vote collapsed in every election since 2017 at local and national level- with little sign on the streets of them making up the 15% who deserted them- while the conservative vote is holding up

Done my bit x2 from our household. Just left the polling station, big queue's (even though it's heavy rain) . Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Done my bit x2 from our household. Just left the polling station, big queue's (even though it's heavy rain) . Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
My missus went to vote at about 4 o’clock and the woman there said it had been quiet all day. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing either. I hope the enthusiastic nat bandwagon jumpers are losing interest.

Got the fear for the amount of freaks I've never seen before with dyed purple/pink hair queuing to vote as I walked by there. That's at least 20 snp both boxes there.

Is the pandemic going to derail when the votes are counted? Normally I stay up to watch and get optimistic with the islands voting being counted quite early after close.

Got the fear for the amount of freaks I've never seen before with dyed purple/pink hair queuing to vote as I walked by there. That's at least 20 snp both boxes there.

Is the pandemic going to derail when the votes are counted? Normally I stay up to watch and get optimistic with the islands voting being counted quite early after close.
Noticed the same..

One of them even had dreadlocks.. Pretty sure if I had them on I'd be hounded for appropriation or some such bollocks.

I am hoping that the record number of registered voters and postal votes points to the silent majority making their voice heard.
I think there will be a majority pro-independence party win but if it just sneaks over the line and snp dont form a majority on their own then that sends a message. The devil will be in the detail of what the % breakdown is between overall between separatists and Unionists. I predict a Unionist majority counteywide which should be enough to stop any talk of another referendum.

Sorry mate, from my perspective the Tories are just as big a threat, they sold out Northern Ireland and they regularly give the Nats easy ammo. I won't advise anyone how to vote, but in my opinion a vote for the Tories forgives them for what they've done to this country over the last ten years.
Of course you are correct Labour and Tory alike have presided over the demise of our once envied civilised democracy- I really dislike tactical voting but I held my nose and did what I thought would be best in the very short term at least. The tired old parties need replacing as they really don't have any principles to tell them apart anymore.

The idea that millionaire Sarwar gives too hoots about working Scots is ridiculous . Those millions made on the back of his father's company who refused to recognise trade unions.

Don't know if it's because the vote isn't going as well as they expected, but the Nats have been around the doors this evening asking if you've been to vote yet.
Haven't heard a peep from any of the other main parties this election.

From a labour family who just voted labour, labour, labour, so i used to follow. Now i see the bigger picture. Voted tactically like the last time and went conservative.

Problem in my area like i have said before are ex-miners who just cannot vote tory. Ffs see the bigger picture and let it go. The same Rangers unionist supporters who cheered and sang songs when Maggie unleashed the SAS on the provos. Yet they can't vote Tory to oust scottish sinn fein.

As one who when younger struggled to understand politics other than us and them, simply can't in this day and age believe this stance.

Wee rant over.

It might be too early to tell but the general consensus this morning looks like SNP maybe 1/2 short of a majority but the Greens cruising to a few extra seats to prop them up.
Early reports suggesting that Salmond’s party actually clawed votes from the SNP preventing their overall majority.
This is to be expected when there are various tactical voting guides with different tactics! Moving ahead, there needs to be one consensus guide to tactical voting promoted everywhere.

Back