Your Tactical Voting Guide

Are you honestly suggesting the Scottish Tories at this election are a threat to the Union? I agree with your views on Boris and his treatment of NI but this isn’t a Westminster election, despite the Nats trying to portray it as one. This is about stopping a second referendum and I fail to see how anyone, no matter their political views, could argue a vote for the Tories at the Scottish elections is a threat to the Union.

One thing is for sure, Scottish independence is certainly no good for NI. It applies both ways, one falls the other mightn’t be far behind.

Removing the SNP / Nat majority should be the only priority at this election for all Unionists.

UUP:
E0oJWxSWUAAXbFK

Was on the thread in the lounge, but seeing the tactical voting on this thread I'll have to vote tory twice to get rid of the republican natsi party.

Never have I voted tory in my puff so Jackson Carlaw you have my vote.

I had it as tory and labour the second vote, but on here it's tory and tory.

Vote conservatives for West Lothian.

West Lothian (Linlithgow constituency) are going to get an SNP representative again as the unionist vote will be split between Labour and Conservative. Different tactical voting sources give different recommendations. Some Labour, some Tory. It’s so frustrating unionism can’t take a united front.

West Lothian (Linlithgow constituency) are going to get an SNP representative again as the unionist vote will be split between Labour and Conservative. Different tactical voting sources give different recommendations. Some Labour, some Tory. It’s so frustrating unionism can’t take a united front.
I'm Livingston ward, so Conservative are the 2nd party. But I agree it's very frustrating.

The only person in my family who voted Tory was my Granda (he was a fisherman). Im sure generally they were all Labour voters. My Granny hated the Tories with a passion but even she would be tactically voting for them if she was still here to rid us of the Nats. My Dad even voted SNP in the beginning but tactically votes against them now because of the way they run this country.

I hate this “you only vote against SNP because you support Rangers” pish.

The only person in my family who voted Tory was my Granda (he was a fisherman). Im sure generally they were all Labour voters. My Granny hated the Tories with a passion but even she would be tactically voting for them if she was still here to rid us of the Nats. My Dad even voted SNP in the beginning but tactically votes against them now because of the way they run this country.

I hate this “you only vote against SNP because you support Rangers” pish.
for me, its a vital part of Rangers culture and education for younger fans ( and some older )

both votes labour for me ( Falkirk East ). Hopefully Allyson Black can make a difference.

I dont think tactical voting works all that well at this stage and ends with labour and torys cutting each others throats.
They need to play the long game and be allowed to naturally play it out and for one of them to emerge as the clear opposition before we can begin to look at tactical voting.

both votes labour for me ( Falkirk East ). Hopefully Allyson Black can make a difference.

I dont think tactical voting works all that well at this stage and ends with labour and torys cutting each others throats.
They need to play the long game and be allowed to naturally play it out and for one of them to emerge as the clear opposition before we can begin to look at tactical voting.
Falkirk east as well.
Voted Labour and Tory in that order.

The rain won’t help the unionist vote . Just went round to the local school to vote Labour/Labour , and there was a real SNP/separatist feeling in the air . Don’t like it one bit . Scunnered is an understatement . 5 more years of Sturgeon/SNP bullshit .

Why can I never get an answer from anyone who supports SNP on here when I point out the consistent failing in Education, Policing and Housing?

They've been in charge for over a decade in my area, is it still Labour/the English's fault now or what? Doesn't matter who you tag or quote, they just make snidey comments and skulk off into the night.

Absolute shitebags when you hit them with any sorts of facts.

The rain won’t help the unionist vote . Just went round to the local school to vote Labour/Labour , and there was a real SNP/separatist feeling in the air . Don’t like it one bit . Scunnered is an understatement . 5 more years of Sturgeon/SNP bullshit .
usual then

once again unionist majority
snp rule

its so common now

usual then

once again unionist majority
snp rule

its so common now
It’s absolutely horrendous . Standing outside the school laughing and joking with beards wearing hiking gear , they think they are it and look down their noses at unionists now . They know they have it in the bag . Feel a bit sickened today to say the least . The whole system is a mess and we are stuck with it . 5 more years of torture about will there be won’t there be a referendum . Fcking soul destroying what these pond life are doing to Scotland

It’s absolutely horrendous . Standing outside the school laughing and joking with beards wearing hiking gear , they think they are it and look down their noses at unionists now . They know they have it in the bag . Feel a bit sickened today to say the least . The whole system is a mess and we are stuck with it . 5 more years of torture about will there be won’t there be a referendum . Fcking soul destroying what these pond life are doing to Scotland
all the more reason holyrood is going to get pulled

I’m voting in Alloa and one of the websites for tactical voting that was posted in the lounge told me I need to vote conservative to get the snp out, yet I’m sure sucks print out from the papers says I need to vote labour?

To those who can't bring themselves to vote for Conservative just remember that someone will be thinking the same thing about voting for Labour in a different constituency.

Only by voting tactically is there a chance to get the SNP out and avoid another independence referendum.

Sometimes you need to swallow your pride and think of the big picture, I know I had to.

Hamilton, Larkhall and Stonehouse is a shambles. It’s an SNP stronghold and the recommended challenger is Labour’s Monica Lennon, who is pro-Indy ref 2 against party orders. A quick google search shows other reasons to believe she is no friend of ours. Sickening.

I’m voting in Alloa and one of the websites for tactical voting that was posted in the lounge told me I need to vote conservative to get the snp out, yet I’m sure sucks print out from the papers says I need to vote labour?
Depends upon which figures from what elections and boundaries they do it from - for instance in some areas the council elections tell you one thing, the last Westminster elections another and the last Holyrood another.

In general - I'd vote for whoever was second last time an then at a regional level the part you fancy most - either Labour or Tory in most cases across the Central Belt.

To those who can't bring themselves to vote for Conservative just remember that someone will be thinking the same thing about voting for Labour in a different constituency.

Only by voting tactically is there a chance to get the SNP out and avoid another independence referendum.

Sometimes you need to swallow your pride and think of the big picture, I know I had to.
I get the sentiment but Labour and Tories are nothing alike. Tories have actively harmed the union with their divisive language, running roughshod over the rule of law and partitioning Northern Ireland.

By all means vote Tory, but you need to understand why unionists would be well within their rights to avoid voting for the party that has undermined the union.

If people perceive them as the best choice to prevent the SNP getting the seat then I get it.

If they think that the Tories will defend the union, as opposed to what they've actually done then I share your confusion.
well if Bojo gets finger out regarding Northern Ireland as he should/has too....then might see a surprise

Why can I never get an answer from anyone who supports SNP on here when I point out the consistent failing in Education, Policing and Housing?

They've been in charge for over a decade in my area, is it still Labour/the English's fault now or what? Doesn't matter who you tag or quote, they just make snidey comments and skulk off into the night.

Absolute shitebags when you hit them with any sorts of facts.
Because they don’t care about the mess of the country. That’s only good to try to turn on Westminster to try get people who do care about the country to follow their cult.

Labour and Conservative for for me. Don’t think there’s any real chance of ousting the nazi party but we’ve got to try.
This is pretty much it. There’s absolutely no point sitting whinging about them without at least doing what I can to get rid of them even if it’s voting a party I normally wouldn’t. If they win as expected, I can sit and moan for the next 5 years knowing I done what I can.

Labour and Conservative for for me. Don’t think there’s any real chance of ousting the nazi party but we’ve got to try.
I do think a unionist coalition will work.....tactical will only work if we all get out and vote

That’s my Son’s first time voting (Aberdeen South) and proud to say he voted tactically like us not all 16 yr olds have been brainwashed by the snats :))
Same here, just back from the polling station with my 16 year old son, he's been reading up on the tactical voting side, every one of the leaflets and letters he's had from the SNP and their gardening party have been tossed in the bin by him as soon as they've dropped through the door.

Back