Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland warns Rangers Supporters

Could the Union Bears publicly warn Glasgow City Council to remove the new street furniture at George square? It’s only going to end in faux outrage if they don’t remove it.
I think I know where you are coming from but there is no way on earth that a city council should be told what to do by a bunch of football supporters.

There is a legitimate concern that this is all going to end with disturbances, flashpoints and Rangers FC/Rangers supporters being widely criticised. As someone said above - we need to box a bit more clever here and not invite the opportunity for “blame”.

You are correct. And that proves my point.

At no point have I said we shouldn't go btw. I think a few people have the wrong idea. But we need to be very clever with it.
PS would rather risk public safety than do something sensible to accommodate the fans. They know its going to happen so should prepare for it in a non confrontational manner

Amazing isn't it,unwashed gather for Scottish Cup Final-no problem,Indy rallies-no problem,people going to shops etc-no problem,St Johnstone fans celebrating-no problem,Thistle fans celebrating-no problem but FFS Rangers fans celebrate-nuclear war is on the way,lock everything down get the dogs off the streets etc etc cancel all leave batten down the hatches,politicians up in arms blah blah fkn blah.FFS let people enjoy themselves for a few hours and go home happy,bearing in mind there will be children and families in attendance it should be a carnival like atmosphere......Glasgow Smiles Better,let's wait and see.
you left out the ice skating,the shark attack and the paddys day gatherings . tut tut :))

I think I know where you are coming from but there is no way on earth that a city council should be told what to do by a bunch of football supporters.

There is a legitimate concern that this is all going to end with disturbances, flashpoints and Rangers FC/Rangers supporters being widely criticised. As someone said above - we need to box a bit more clever here and not invite the opportunity for “blame”.

They criticise our very existence mate, we could solve world hunger and they would find a way to moan about it. No need for an ‘opportunity’ for blame.

The vast majority of us going will behave. Like every crowd that there's thousands of people your going to get a few idiots. I'm pretty sure they will be doing risk assessments and having a meeting about how they plan to police it this week. The policemen working would rather have an easy shift with no trouble. I imagine they won't be wading in if you have a couple of beers to drink etc. Aslong as no ones safety is at risk there's no need for them to start making things awkward.

LOL I think you might be wasting your breath.
It's only Monday I wonder how many more of these warnings we're going to get?

More practical advice is to get extra staff on in the Rangers shop.

Police Scotland dont have the resources to get heavy handed with 1000 people nevermind anything north of 20k

theyll do exactly what they did last time, except theyll be much further away from the square because of the amount of fans who'll be there B-D
… monitor the cctv images for future arrests?

LOL I think you might be wasting your breath.
It's only Monday I wonder how many more of these warnings we're going to get?

More practical advice is to get extra staff on in the Rangers shop.
No doubt the Police and Scottish Government will be calling on the club to make a statement to ask fans not to gather. That's one of the things we were criticised for last time.

I was told that anywhere selling drink outside on Saturday around George Square was gonna be told to close.
Hopefully a load of Jimmy White.

It’s no like he was ever gonna come out and say get tore in lads.

True, but...

Can you imagine that if instead of issuing some futile, lazy "big bad Rangers fans" warning he had come out and said something along the lines of "We understand many Rangers will be enjoying celebrations this weekend, and so it is for that reason we want to work with these people to..."and then laid out how we can make things more manageable so the day goes by without any sour incidents?

It's happening regardless, so either work with us or get to fcuk.

They criticise our very existence mate, we could solve world hunger and they would find a way to moan about it. No need for an ‘opportunity’ for blame.
'Rangers' support destroys world charities, thousands jobless' 'Clearly an anti-catholic attack on SCIAF' writes Bill Leckie.

I bet any other government or police force in the world would not be warning football fans of a club that have just won their league not to celebrate! That's what the Snp have done to this country, sheer blind hatred to Rangers football club and the union flag, an utter cesspit this country has become!

I think George Square is far too small for the amount of fans likely to turn up. Just end up being pilloried again for broken benches, "terrorising shoppers" etc. Bellahouston park or even Ibrox grounds have much more room. Might even be a wee chance of seeing the players with the trophy if we're local. Thoughts?
To late to change it mate
The city centre not just George square is going to be bouncing.

Whos bringing the sounds?

I was told that anywhere selling drink outside on Saturday around George Square was gonna be told to close.
Hopefully a load of Jimmy White.

So everywhere selling drink then?

They going to cut off the cargo supplies as well?

Maybe he can provide some evidence of outdoor transmission of Covid-19?

Failing that, maybe he could look at the UK number of cases per day... WITH all schools back full-time.

Enough of this sh.it. Let us get on with our lives.
Just the evidence of transmission of Covid outside would do

The Police will allow this March and everyone into Gerrard Square and will have to be seen, along with the club, to try every effort to persuade bears not to turn up on Saturday. We just need to make sure that we screw the nut and not give anyone an excuse to have a pop at us. Saturday is about 55 and that's the headline on Sunday morning hopefully.

Back