Scotland Euro 2020 squad (all discussion here)

I actually think he has got that squad right, only question for me is should Gauld have made it?
Ryan Gauld absolutely should have made it.

Any player that's picking up man of the match awards in Portugal and being scouted by Braga is someone who should be making a Scotland squad.

It's also a slap in the face to the idea of players moving abroad if they're just being overlooked for that reason. Every team we come up against will have players playing all over Europe and learning from different styles of football with the possible exception of England.

lvTEmgOD

I am delighted for him and he deserves it with his performances this season.even if he doesn’t play it will be a great experience for him.you can bet the first person in touch to congratulate him would have been tav.

Back line would actually start to look ok if he started right back. But he won’t start will he Steve.

Full squad

Goalkeepers: Marshall, McLaughlin, Gordon.

Defenders: O'Donnell, Cooper, Gallagher, Hanley, Hendry, McKenna, Patterson, Robertson, Taylor, Tierney.

Midfielders: McGregor, Christie, McGinn, Armstrong, Fleck, Gilmour, McTominay, Turnbull.

Forwards: Nisbet, Fraser, Forrest, Dykes, Adams.

Absolutely delighted for the young Patterson. Well deserved.

I'm amazed both he and Gilmour made the squad. I thought for sure dour face would pick Palmer and Insert random shite.

Delighted for Nathan. Easily best option at RB for Scotland. Question is will Clarke see sense and play him ahead of his chum O'Donnell...

I'm pretty shocked that Gauld did not get a call up. He is better and more experienced than Turnbull.

So he picks a player that can’t last 90 mins over a player who’s tearing it up in Portugal

Reactions: fmp
I reckon Josh Doig at Hibs has been absolutely shafted in the last few weeks. First Turnbull getting YPOTY and then Greg Taylor getting in as another LB over him.

No surprise as Taylor is one of Steve Clarke’s boys but that’s a joke.

Forrest over Gauld as well is a strange one.

If Patterson manages to make an impression. We could be fending off interest from clubs down South and abroad. The big teams invest in young talent and potential, right now Patterson has that in abundance.

Personally think there is no reason for Taylor to be going, really not needed, could've taken Gauld ahead of him.
I agree. Why do we need 3 left backs in the squad, it’s not as if Taylor will be playing as Robertson and Tierney will always be picked ahead of him.

Good news. Robertson on one wing and Patterson on the other might actually see Scotland with attacking options that could worry some sides

Back