Scotland Euro 2020 squad (all discussion here)

It's good to see him and some other young lads bring fresh blood into the squad, but I get the feeling they'll be sitting on the bench watching some journeyman with a Scottish gran who's getting in the team ahead of them.

Could Nathan be picked to line up against Borna on June 22nd?

What a buzz that would be.

Good news. Robertson on one wing and Patterson on the other might actually see Scotland with attacking options that could worry some sides
I reckon Forrest will play on the right of the 5 to be honest, hope I’m wrong though!.

Clarke was always going to be loyal to the players they got us there so it’s not surprising, I’ve not got an issue with him doing so.
Yeah I get that if we’re talking about a top player, Christie has been useless for a good while and Gauld is a better player who is in form.

Congratulations for the young man

I just hope the training is sensible and he comes out of the tournament uninjured.

someone on the bbc feed:
One thing that immediately jumps out at me is the lack of forwards, particularly given Ryan Fraser's manager Steve Bruce said this week he has not trained for six weeks or so.

James Forrest is a brilliant player, but has only just started playing again after months out. No place for Leigh Griffiths.

the same Griffiths that when they needed a goal against us, he brought on Mikey fucking Johnston

I actually think he has got that squad right, only question for me is should Gauld have made it?

Gauld in lieu of Taylor for me, we already have to great LB in Robertson and Tierney, there is no need for another one who is pretty mediocre.

Strongest squad at our disposal imo so no complaints.

Think Patterson will be held back as an option in case odonnell has a shocker

But, But... FF was telling me this morning that only St Mirren plodders and Celtic players would be considered ...

Well done Nathan. First Scotland squad of many to come I would expect
What a thrill it must be for a 19 year old to be heading to a Euros.

My interest in Scotland at the Euros has gone from zero to some.

Hopefully Nathan leads the way in reclaiming the national side as ours.

Good squad. Haven't seen Gauld play this year so don't know if he should have been or not, however Turnbull, Patterson and Gilmour were all the correct call.

Fair play to Steve Clarke, probably the best squad he could have chosen with players available.

Greg Taylor and Jack Hendry hahahahahahahaha

Credit to Jack Hendry he has done well in the Belgian league this season.

He’s top 20 for tackles won, top 5 for aerials won, top 5 for duels won and top 15 for clearances per 90 mins. He is also a nominee for team of the season in the pro league.

Glad Clarke has ignored the nonsense from some in the Scottish media about Griffiths and rightly he’s put nisbet in the squad before that waster.
Was pleased by this.

I think overall it is the right squad. A shame about Gauld but I never thought he would get a look in.

Good squad. Haven't seen Gauld play this year so don't know if he should have been or not, however Turnbull, Patterson and Gilmour were all the correct call.

Fair play to Steve Clarke, probably the best squad he could have chosen with players available.
Gauld has the most MOTM awards in the top flight, just got player of the month after games against Braga/Sporting.

His creative numbers are among the best in the league too.

Genuinely can’t believe he’s not been picked.

Delighted for Patterson his performances when he came into the team were excellent and he deserves his place. The 60 minute man has only made it cause of the injuries to Jack and McLean or else he wouldn't have gone. Greg Taylor must have something on Clarke as well for him to be picked.

Pleased for Patterson. Some of his performances actually didnt make you miss Tav that much when he was injured, thats how good he has played. Hopefully he gets a start and shows the world how good he is.

If you are gonna play 3 at the back having Patterson as one of the wing backs makes a lot of sense.

This is a strangely sensible decision. In the case of both Gilmour and Patterson.

Doig is just tremendously unlucky that the players ahead of him are so far ahead of him that there isn't the same benefit to Scotland in taking him along in the extra spots "for the experience".

Back