Match Thread ** Ayr Utd v Rangers - Sun 11th Feb - Sky Sports **

How can it only be minute added on there has been 6 subs so by the rules 3 at least!

You can bet if it was only 2-1 it would be 3or4.

Had that match been played at Ibrox it would have been double figures.

Shaky start but a thoroughly deserved win and great performance in tricky conditions on a difficult surface.

Very critical of Murphy and Windass in first half but from 55 mins they played very well.

We really have to try and sign Goss he is like a metronome in the middle of the park, just controls pace of the game.

major improvement in that second half. Murphy came on to a game and deserved his goal. Cummings and Morelos looking lively too. Brilliant Rangers!

That yellow card for Windass was beyond stupid. If he picks up another yellow in future rounds, and we get to the final, he won't be there.

You have to save your first yellow in this competition for something worthwhile - e.g. taking out a mentally challenged in the last minute when you're 1-0 up, not for a nothing argument when you're 5-1 up!

Doesn’t it go back to zero at semi final stage? Or have I just completely made that up? :D

Great to finally pump someone! It’s been a while. Even if it is just Ayr, it should give us some confidence ....

Been following the match on here and it’s a nightmare man! :-( super stressful till we got the 2nd/3rf goals.

Well after a moment of insanity from the goalie it was an easy win in the end. Could have won by a bit more as well.
I still have concerns at the back though, a few high punts caused us a bit of trouble.

That's exactly the situation - if you went to games you would see him regularly with loose fitting vests on.
I go to games, sat in GR2 for last 10 years, was GF4 for 20 before that. Never seen this guy in my puff.

I take back what i said if this is the case.

Well, its indisputable that we're repeatedly unprofessional in our first half performances, Hibs at Ibrox just recently being another example. The players should be embarrassed by that, never mind the fans.
By all means AFTER a game have a say on our shortcomings when we play bad, but not 17 bastard minutes in. writing off every single player who scored and made a difference today...it's embarrassing! .
yep the first half was iffy...as we have always been even back in the days of the exalted Walter Smith, i fucking dreaded our early minutes but once we find our feet, settle the nerves then we come together, granted it doesn't happen every game but when it does its sublime, too many fcukwits slabbering at a keyboard just waiting to put the boot in.

well played today and a comfortable win, even after a shaky start.

A lot of good performances,we seem to have a lot of firepower now,I really like that boy Goss,real class,shame he is a loan doubt we could afford him even if his parent club would let him go.

Kept up with the game on here came across as two very different games never mind halves,Two complete opposite extremes Bi Polar.

Back