Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filip Helander said in today's express he wants to stay and happy at Rangers and not interested in a move to England or anywhere
I have a feeling that it will be Goldson and Kamara to leave. Hopefully for large fees. Okumu seems highly rated and could be a great replacement.

I have a feeling that it will be Goldson and Kamara to leave. Hopefully for large fees. Okumu seems highly rated and could be a great replacement.
I don't think either will go anywhere I have a feeling we will keep the bulk of our top players this summer.

I can see Okumu coming in as a serious go to option/future replacement for Goldson/Helander and there has been talk for months about getting Kamara tied down on a new contract something I'm surprised hasn't been done as Gerrard did state he wanted the board to deal with it asap.

I don't think either will go anywhere I have a feeling we will keep the bulk of our top players this summer.

I can see Okumu coming in as a serious go to option/future replacement for Goldson/Helander and there has been talk for months about getting Kamara tied down on a new contract something I'm surprised hasn't been done as Gerrard did state he wanted the board to deal with it asap.
There has been some chatter that Kamara's contract negotiations have stalled.

Also if we sign Okumu then we have 6 centre backs for 2 positions. Assuming Edmundson leaves thats 5. I think if Okumu comes in then that means another leaving as well as GE.

Also if we sign Okumu then we have 6 centre backs for 2 positions. Assuming Edmundson leaves thats 5. I think if Okumu comes in then that means another leaving as well as GE.
It’s still 6 even if Edmundson leaves and this guy comes in - Goldson, Helander, Katic, Balogun, Simpson. If we sign a new CH, I think we need to expect 3 exits including Edmundson. Katic on loan and then who knows.

Okumu would make it 7, Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson, Katic and Edmundson. I think Katic may be loaned out for season as he’ll need game time to regain fitness. Edmundson sold would mean 4 and short were we to cash in on Goldson or Helander.

Signing Okumu - will inevitably entail at least a season for him to get up to speed in yerms of coping with the SPL. That is why i'd shudder to think of him being viewed as a direct replacement for Goldson should the latter be sold.

He was probably on very little in comparison to the big earners, signed a pre contract from Dundee where he'd not be getting much, I'd be surprised if he was on anything more than 10k a week. Agent probably looking to reclaim some of those "missed" wages for his performances

Katic is a cert for a loan next season, Simpson may go out as well!!

Edmundson - who knows, i think he would be a decent midfielder but suspect he will leave in some capacity.

Goldson I’m convinced will sign a new deal - thats the important one.

He does mate.the exposure Kamara,Helander and Barisic get at the euros will make them more susceptible to bids I reckon.
I’m hoping Helander gets some games, he rarely gets a start but I think that’s due to the stop-start nature of his career.

Think he started the last game he was fit for them, but that was quite a while ago and they seem to change centre backs all the time.

Borna will need to up his game for Croatia to generate any interest, and he doesn’t play the advanced role he does for us - so I think he’ll fly under the radar.

Finland have a tough group and hopefully get shagged every game so we avoid Kamara bids :))

In the main though, you are correct - a good Euro’s could end up with some good bids.

Kamara the most likely, seeing as he’s Finland’s main man.

I’m hoping Helander gets some games, he rarely gets a start but I think that’s due to the stop-start nature of his career.

Think he started the last game he was fit for them, but that was quite a while ago and they seem to change centre backs all the time.

Borna will need to up his game for Croatia to generate any interest, and he doesn’t play the advanced role he does for us - so I think he’ll fly under the radar.

Finland have a tough group and hopefully get shagged every game so we avoid Kamara bids :))

In the main though, you are correct - a good Euro’s could end up with some good bids.

Kamara the most likely, seeing as he’s Finland’s main man.
It'd be sore losing Helander and Kamara,especially the latter given our midfield has been creaking a bit as it is- but on the flip side if it means we hang onto Goldson and Morelos for another season I'd take that.
Providing the money on the table is decent enough of course.

Likes of Arsenal and Leicester if rumours are believed to be true,have plenty deep enough pockets.

If we sign Okumu then I could see us loaning a couple out.

It's just based on opinion, but I just have feeling Simpson might not end up with us long. I don't see him featuring much at all when everyone is fit. Buy low sell high might be in order.

It's just based on opinion, but I just have feeling Simpson might not end up with us long. I don't see him featuring much at all when everyone is fit. Buy low sell high might be in order.
I think he’ll be loaned out, if Okumu comes in.

We tried to sign Simpson on loan in Gerrards first season. No chance we give him away so quickly

There was an interview with him this morning, said he hoped to be fit for the start of preseason. Hip problem apparently.
Needs to be fit for the start of a tough pre season.
He's a big chunky lump and he'll need that work more than many after that season

Could be absolute bullshit but read a rumour that Glen won't extend contract...if true I guess we sell post Euros?

Katic has the potential and appetite to be a colossus of a CH, I’d go as far as to say he could be better than all others that we have currently.
Not with us though....not sure but he's be brilliant in Championship down south. He's aggressive, good in air and a lion. But I'm certain our coaches want more than that in terms of technique and passing.

We also have to be aware that if we bring in two centre halves we won't be keeping everyone else. I know we all have favourite players but we're not going with 7 of them!!!

I would loan Katic to Hearts or Hibs. Get him guaranteed game time in SPFL and strengthen sellicks opposition.
All fringe players, like JJ should be loaned to teams that can hurt sellick too.
If we do this it will increase the likelihood of gaining £30m Champions League money.
As much as I hate most of the other SPFL clubs for what they either did to us or some other matter, this is right and I said on here I'm glad our board/management team are less petty than I am. Murphy, McCrorie and Middleton were able to play a small part against them and not against us last season and that's what we should be doing if we've got relatively deadwood players we can't sell or loan for a fee elsewhere.

I would loan Katic to Hearts or Hibs. Get him guaranteed game time in SPFL and strengthen sellicks opposition.
All fringe players, like JJ should be loaned to teams that can hurt sellick too.
If we do this it will increase the likelihood of gaining £30m Champions League money.
I think JJ along with Edmundson will be sold mate.
I agree with your point though,and I'd be more willing to loan the likes of Katic to Hertz than most clubs in order to take points off the dhims.

That's not how loans work unfortunately.

You can't just send a player to a team, that team has to actually want the player first.
Well aye, but clubs can offer players to other clubs and I’d like to think if Niko was offered to Hearts then Hearts would be happy to take it up.

Get your point though :))

Don't see him becoming a regular in all honesty it was a strange signing at the time but we needed a 4th choice because of Edmundson getting bombed out and we definitely needed an extra cover option but with the opportunity to bring in better options like Doekhi/Okumu then i wouldn't be against a quick sale and make a profit on him.

I think this will be the summer where you will finally see a ruthless Gerrard especially when it comes to trimming the squad and adding better quality throughout it.

I'm quite surprised at the numbers on here who seem willing to lose Kamara. For me, he's a man we should be doing everything in our power to hang onto and to build around. Longer term he's more important to us than any of the others in midfield IMHO.

Its a different matter if he wants to go, regardless of any offer we put on the table, but I'd hope we could reach agreement with him. There's a whole raft of players I'd be looking to move on ahead of Kamara if its a case of us 'having' to sell.

Nnamdi Ofoborh reveals his Rangers precautions as Ibrox-bound star sits out relegation scrap for summer arrival​

The midfielder hasn't played since March as he sat out the run-in with Wycombe to ensure he arrives at Ibrox in the best condition possible.

dailyrecord

Nnamdi Ofoborh of Bournemouth during a training session at the Vitality Stadium on January 28, 2021 in Bournemouth, England.

Nnamdi Ofoborh can't wait to arrive at Rangers (Image: AFC Bournemouth via Getty Images)

Nnamdi Ofoborh was torn. On one hand, he desperately wanted to help Wycombe Wanderers avoid relegation from the Championship.

On the other, he couldn’t possibly risk further injury – and potentially wreck his dream move to Rangers.

Ibrox supporters excited by Ofoborh’s pre-contract signing will have tuned into the Chairboys’ games towards the end of the season.

Or at the very least they’ll have been checking team-lines to see how many minutes he was getting.

But since moving to Adams Park on loan in February, after signing his Bosman deal with Gers, the 21-year-old featured just eight times.

From the outside it might have looked like Ofoborh was struggling to get into a side at the foot of England’s second tier.

But the former Bournemouth midfielder has revealed he was plagued by a hip injury that curtailed his progress at Wycombe.

When the problem persisted, he faced the horrible dilemma of trying to help his team but possibly causing further damage which might have a knock-on effect at Gers.

After speaking to his family and Wanderers gaffer Gareth Ainsworth, it was decided that Ofoborh wouldn’t play from March onwards.

He was gutted at not being able to show Wycombe or Rangers fans what he’s capable of.

But Ofoborh couldn’t jeopardise his start to life in Glasgow – and now he just can’t wait to get going under Steven Gerrard.

He said: “I was struggling with an injury when I got to Wycombe on loan last season.

“In the last few months it just got worse. It got to a point where I didn’t feel it was right for the coaches to put me in.

“It wouldn’t have been fair on me or the team. People didn’t know this because we didn’t speak about it publicly at the time.

Nnamdi Ofoborh of Wycombe Wanderers during the Sky Bet Championship match between Wycombe Wanderers and Birmingham City at Adams Park

Ofoborh missed the final months of Wycombe's season to be ready for Ibrox (Image: Getty Images)

“But I was struggling with the injury and that’s why I didn’t play.

“It was difficult to get my head around it. I could see on social media that Wycombe fans were wondering where I was.

“They didn’t know if it was down to me not playing well or not being able to be selected.

“But it was none of that. I just couldn’t do it. I was already at less than 100 per cent when I got there.

“During and after the first few games, I was nowhere near it.

“So we all thought it would be best to leave me out.

“I didn’t want to hurt myself or damage my chances before I even got up to Rangers.

“I didn’t want to risk anything. But at the same time I wanted to help Wycombe survive relegation from the Championship.

“I had to look at the bigger picture. I spoke to my family and the gaffer at Wycombe – and we decided that it would be better not to ruin anything or make it worse than it was.

“I’m confident that when I get to Rangers for pre-season I’ll be ready to go. I’m still on the mend but by the time I get there I hope to be where I need to be.”

Ofoborh can’t hide his excitement at the prospect of joining the Premiership champions. He watched the trophy-day celebrations from Ibrox and the size of the move to Rangers hit home again.

The Nigerian Under-20 international is counting down the days now and wants a taste of it himself next season.

Ofoborh said: “I was at home with my mum watching the title celebrations on TV.

“It just let me know once again that I’m going to be part of a club that strives to win and constantly looks forward.

“Rangers are a club that doesn’t have mediocre goals. Winning is the be all and end all – and that’s what I’m looking forward to.

“I didn’t need the trophy celebrations to show me how big Rangers are.

“I got a sense of that magnitude when I first signed. As soon as it appeared on Sky Sports and social media, that’s when it hit me.

“Fans started following me on social media and messaging me right away. Even before it was confirmed.

“So I know what type of club I’m going to. Seeing the celebrations just reaffirmed that.

“How excited am I about getting up there? On a scale of one to 10, I’m probably about a 12 right now

“I just want to get to Glasgow and get going. They are a massive club, one of the biggest out there. Everyone wants to play for the biggest clubs and now I’m going to get that chance.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard lifts the trophy as he celebrates winning the Scottish Premiership

Ofoborh watched on as his new club celebrated winning the title (Image: REUTERS)

“I’m a winner so I want to win trophies in my career.

“I want to make the fans and my family proud by getting my hands on some silverware.

“They’ve won the title but it will be our job to make sure we hold on to it and win again next season.”

Ofoborh hasn’t had much contact with Gerrard over the summer but says first-teach coach Michael Beale and director of football Ross Wilson have kept in touch.

On Rangers’ return to training, he could hook up with former Cherries pals Jack Simpson and Jermain Defoe, fellow Nigerians Joe Aribo, Leon Balogun and Calvin Bassey – as well as new striker Fashion Sakala.

Ofoborh said: “I’m a football boy through and through.

“I don’t like breaks, I don’t even want to go on holiday. I just want to play football for Rangers.

“The gaffer at Rangers was obviously a bit busy towards the end of the season but I’ve been in constant contact with all the staff.

“Mick and Ross were always checking up on me so it has been very positive.”

I'm quite surprised at the numbers on here who seem willing to lose Kamara. For me, he's a man we should be doing everything in our power to hang onto and to build around. Longer term he's more important to us than any of the others in midfield IMHO.

Its a different matter if he wants to go, regardless of any offer we put on the table, but I'd hope we could reach agreement with him. There's a whole raft of players I'd be looking to move on ahead of Kamara if its a case of us 'having' to sell.
Agreed. Of the big money assets we have, and noting we will need to sell, I’d probably rank them as follows in “preference” for sale (noting I’d ideally keep them all): Hagi, Morelos, Roofe, Helander, Aribo, Barisic, Goldson, Tav, Kamara, Kent. Will be a wrench either way.

Agreed. Of the big money assets we have, and noting we will need to sell, I’d probably rank them as follows in “preference” for sale (noting I’d ideally keep them all): Hagi, Morelos, Roofe, Helander, Barisic, Goldson, Tav, Kamara, Kent. Will be a wrench either way.
We could argue all day about the order you've listed them in ha ha. I'd certainly have Kent, Kamara, Goldson and probably Aribo as the guys to build around. As I said though, a lot will come down to the players - I'm not in favour of hanging on to players who don't have their heart set on it. And that is something we rarely find out.

Really happy with the names we are being linked with, we’d be really strong if we added 2 midfielders plus a centre back

We could argue all day about the order you've listed them in ha ha. I'd certainly have Kent, Kamara, Goldson and probably Aribo as the guys to build around. As I said though, a lot will come down to the players - I'm not in favour of hanging on to players who don't have their heart set on it. And that is something we rarely find out.
We all have our favourite over others but I agree mate,those who are willing to go if bids come in that are acceptable should be let go.
Those who genuinely want to stay have more value to us in other ways than just financially.

Kamara will be a huge loss in Old Firm and European matches if he goes.

So important when it comes to keeping the ball in those games.
Also he excels in Europe he's technically our best midfielder someone i really hope we manage to keep hold of especially for another season.

Kamara still has lots of potential he can get better imo.

i don’t think anyone really wants Kamara to go, it’s just that he represents the best opportunity to maximise a financial return.

there’s obviously a reason he’s not signed a new contract to date, he’s coming off of his best season, we still have two years of control left and he is about to feature at the euros. you genuinely couldn’t ask for much more to increase his value.

I appreciate the argument about how much money is at stake due to champions league revenue this season and ensuring you are in the best position possible to take advantage of it. I imagine that might play into the date he would go, but we have to draw the line somewhere if we want to be self sufficient and a big sale for kamara will also set expectations for further sales.

Reactions: Egt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back