Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

Love these :))
Cheers. Now you need to remind me before Friday :D

Didn't realise all of Germanys games were all in Munich might favour them a bit in that group.

I do fancy France to win it their squad is ridiculous think Portugal could be an outside bet as well.

Didn't realise all of Germanys games were all in Munich might favour them a bit in that group.

I do fancy France to win it their squad is ridiculous think Portugal could be an outside bet as well.
It makes it or sorry makes it for me really shite and a joke that England and Germany get such an advantage at a major tournament group stage and possible further in.

It makes it or sorry makes it for me really shite and a joke that England and Germany get such an advantage at a major tournament group stage and possible further in.
Scotland could benefit from it as well with the 2 home games. Denmark, Italy, Holland and Spain with 3 games at home as well wish i done the research before putting my group bets on.

Scotland will finish 2nd in group, they are hitting form and with an exclusive home crowd - win against Czech Republic and perhaps a draw against Croatia. The England game will look after itself, and can see a real competitive game against them.

Granted it was at a full Hampden, but Scotland did almost beat England a few years ago with Mulgrew, Berra, Brown, Anya, Morrison, Snodgrass, Martin and Griffiths all playing. England are a bit better, but we are a much better team then we were then.

Granted it was at a full Hampden, but Scotland did almost beat England a few years ago with Mulgrew, Berra, Brown, Anya, Morrison, Snodgrass, Martin and Griffiths all playing. England are a bit better, but we are a much better team then we were then.
Still have nightmares about Armstrong and Gordon.

Just fired a fiver on Giroud for the Golden Boot on the back of his double tonight and Benzema going off injured.

Not sure how bad the injury is for Benzema but took the 40/1 on Giroud anyway for an interest.

KDB not happy with how the tournament has been planned out, England could potentially play 6 games out of 7 in London if they got to the final and Belgium have to go all over Europe to play their games. Called it a "fake tournament" :D

Belgium could be St Petersburg twice, Copenhagen, Amsterdam/Seville, Munich/Baku, London, London (if they got to the final). I thought Brussels was one of the original hosts for the tournament or was that taken away because of Covid?

I agree with him, much better when the tournament is held in one or two countries.

Realistically - how many points will be needed to qualify in third place? I think four would pretty much guarantee qualification, and three would be in with a chance depending on goal difference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spain and Belgium win all three of their group games, and Italy and Holland could do similar. If two or more of these second placed teams (say Denmark, Switzerland, Ukraine and Poland) were to then win their other two games then three points could be enough.

By the time Scotland play Croatia there will only be two groups left to conclude, so they should have a clear idea of what's needed to go through.

Realistically - how many points will be needed to qualify in third place? I think four would pretty much guarantee qualification, and three would be in with a chance depending on goal difference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spain and Belgium win all three of their group games, and Italy and Holland could do similar. If two or more of these second placed teams (say Denmark, Switzerland, Ukraine and Poland) were to then win their other two games then three points could be enough.

By the time Scotland play Croatia there will only be two groups left to conclude, so they should have a clear idea of what's needed to go through.
Portugal qualified with 3 at the last Euro’s, I reckon 3 should be enough.

In group A I think Switzerland and Wales will only get a draw with each other, then get soundly beat by the other 2.

Likewise I can only see Denmark getting 3 points from their group, so yeah 3 points and a good GD should get you through I reckon.

Looking more and more likely Borna is going to miss out due to “capability and suitability for the side” I’ll be absolutely devastated for him if that’s the case but hopefully motivates him to smash it in the UCL and prove them all wrong

Looking more and more likely Borna is going to miss out due to “capability and suitability for the side” I’ll be absolutely devastated for him if that’s the case but hopefully motivates him to smash it in the UCL and prove them all wrong
Where you reading that?.

I think he’ll start, but I think it’ll be more to do with Dalic feeling he doesn’t have many more options rather than actually wanting too.

Bradaric hasn’t played much recently so can’t see him being thrown in.

Where you reading that?.

I think he’ll start, but I think it’ll be more to do with Dalic feeling he doesn’t have many more options rather than actually wanting too.

Bradaric hasn’t played much recently so can’t see him being thrown in.
It’s Gvardiol they’re talking about replacing him with.
A few places unfortunately:

He appears to be a bit of a whipping boy tbh, the fact they rely on a 35 year old Luka Modric and absolutely nobody else stands out says it all but it’s all Bornas fault apparently. Really feel for him tbh some of the stuff I’ve seen said about him over the past few days. Hope he gets the nod of course.

It’s Gvardiol they’re talking about replacing him with.
A few places unfortunately:

He appears to be a bit of a whipping boy tbh, the fact they rely on a 35 year old Luka Modric and absolutely nobody else stands out says it all but it’s all Bornas fault apparently. Really feel for him tbh some of the stuff I’ve seen said about him over the past few days. Hope he gets the nod of course.
Thanks Laura.

Like I said I don’t think he’s particularly well thought of by fans or management, but I think he’ll start...purely because that twat Richard Wilson is talking about him not.

That’s the fella who said Katic had signed for Spartak and wouldn’t be near Rangers, only for him to be pictured at Ibrox 24 hours later :))

He’s not in my fantasy though, don’t think he’ll score any points and I don’t think they’ll progress...I did have him for sentimental reasons but the head ruled the heart in the end!

Thanks Laura.

Like I said I don’t think he’s particularly well thought of by fans or management, but I think he’ll start...purely because that twat Richard Wilson is talking about him not.

That’s the fella who said Katic had signed for Spartak and wouldn’t be near Rangers, only for him to be pictured at Ibrox 24 hours later :))

He’s not in my fantasy though, don’t think he’ll score any points and I don’t think they’ll progress...I did have him for sentimental reasons but the head ruled the heart in the end!
I don’t get it either - he was superb for us - if anything he was better against the big teams like Porto and Benfica!
He’s currently in my team as he’s cheap and I have loaded too heavy with Lukaku, Bale and Ronaldo, so my money is pretty limited :p

I think Croatia will finish bottom, they still have a quality squad but their star players are on the decline and haven’t played well when I’ve seen them.

Posted a list of teams that have lost to/drawn with them in the past few years, some relatively poor sides.

I’ve actually been a bit too vocal about their decline and worry about them making me look daft :))

I’m gutted for Szoboszlai, I presumed the Hungarian people were looking to seeing their golden boy on the world stage.

I think Spain are at a cross roads, some of their better players are ageing and young guys like Torres aren’t quite at the elite level yet.
I can obviously see why people think Croatia will do poorly. However I have a feeling that the big stage will bring them to back to life and that they will surprise us

Yeah he's not the same Borna we see every week. A shame for him really.

To answer your previous question regarding Dom Szoboszlai, yes everyone in Hungary is gutted for him but most suspected he had an outside chance after that injury. They still have some good attacking players but nobody as good as Domi sadly. Here's hoping he shines at the next one. Still a very promising young player and Hungary have an exciting crop of young players coming through.
Borna v Patterson would be an interesting battle. They obviously both know allot about each others game so would be good seeing how that would pan out

Will this be the format for every euros going forward?

Have to say I don't like the games being played across the continent. Much prefer one country being host.

Back