My Gers

Lot of unrest amongst fans with the my gers scenario, basically it looks like even if you are a ST holder ticked all the boxes yet you wont be considered for 'important' games unless you for out another £45. Rangers tend to forget where we were 10 years ago when thousands followed and kept the club afloat. To be treated like this is disgracefull, why should any fan be treated differently because they put £45 more into the club? Do we now have a 2 tier fan system depending on how much you can give to the club?
Tongue firmly in cheek and please take it in the spirit it is intended

There was always an element of a 2 tier system, just ask anyone in the travel club who paid to get priority access to tickets.
Season ticket holder’s on away scheme who did not pay the annual fee travel club were never going to be considered for tickets, unless in extraordinary circumstances (2008 UEFA final).

they have now integrated the travel club idea, with the previously free away cccs and box ticking method for allocation of tickets - which is called MyGers and charge an annual fee to give priority, those who don’t pay the annual fee are effectively ruling themselves out of applying for tickets.

as for friendlies, until things return to normal there will always be those who miss out - particularly those who are not signed up for a MyGers account which gives priority in the purchase of home tickets as stated in terms and conditions

If you've had a season ticket for the past 5 years, have signed up to away games, all non ST home games and cup semis and finals in that period, you are rewarded for your loyalty, by being a Gold member.

The system isn't perfect, but it's way better than what we had previously.
your maybe right but it shouldn't be used for getting into Ibrox when season ticket holders have ticked the appropriate boxes

Someone pays £6,000 for a season ticket that covers ALL games at Ibrox.
Someone else pays £550 plus £40 for MyGers for 19 league games at Ibrox.
Capacity is currently strictly limited.
Contractually who gets in?
If you were in the former group you would have no issues with not getting entry over the latter group?

If there were more £6,000 season ticket holders than seats available due to a reduced capacity.....

Correct i am in silver ,i thi k it because i dont do euro travel club. , i ended up in silver
My thought process as well. I don’t tick friendlies to be fair as I usually take the opportunity to take my daughters and get seats together but even then they tickets show up on your purchase history. Im 41 points from gold. I’ll need to start buying programmes and women’s RTV games B-)

I think mygers has and will improve the process of getting tickets for away games, although I’m not sure that that process couldn’t have been implemented without charging us an extra 40/50 quid for the privilege. The other benefits (in my experience so far anyway) are pretty lacking and does make it feel like a bit of a cash grab, albeit one we’ll just have to put up with for the time being.

I can see why if you lived abroad or couldn’t get to games regularly mygers might be appealing, but at this juncture it seems like the average domestic based match-going fan is basically paying £40 for a restructuring of the ticket allocation scheme - and I don’t see why loyalty points and a tiered system for ticketing couldn’t have been implemented without us paying a pretty decent sum on top of season tickets etc.

Time will tell and it’s impossible to reach any sort of definitive conclusion on the scheme at this point but I think the general trend of the club recently has been to exploit our loyalties for money (and to an extent given coronavirus, fair enough), and the mygers scheme does feel (at least for match-going fans) a bit blatant in its attempts to try and get as much money out of us as possible, all IMO of course.

Tbh the main folk getting upset are those that aren’t on Gold

I like it purely because for the likes of the piggery, the tickets will go to those that deserve them the most

The previous luck of the ballot was a farce given that folk have missed out who have went to home and away games for years yet someone who had only signed up to away games for their first time could have got a ticket for it (which happened the season before last).

I like the current setup of priority windows.

And yes I am gold, and I do think there are still some teething issues but the principles of it work IMO

If you've had a season ticket for the past 5 years, have signed up to away games, all non ST home games and cup semis and finals in that period, you are rewarded for your loyalty, by being a Gold member.

Thats not true. I have 4 season tickets for me and boys and have had for 12 years with all boxes ticked and we are all silver.

I think mygers has and will improve the process of getting tickets for away games, although I’m not sure that that process couldn’t have been implemented without charging us an extra 40/50 quid for the privilege. The other benefits (in my experience so far anyway) are pretty lacking and does make it feel like a bit of a cash grab, albeit one we’ll just have to put up with for the time being.

I can see why if you lived abroad or couldn’t get to games regularly mygers might be appealing, but at this juncture it seems like the average domestic based match-going fan is basically paying £40 for a restructuring of the ticket allocation scheme - and I don’t see why loyalty points and a tiered system for ticketing couldn’t have been implemented without us paying a pretty decent sum on top of season tickets etc.

Time will tell and it’s impossible to reach any sort of definitive conclusion on the scheme at this point but I think the general trend of the club recently has been to exploit our loyalties for money (and to an extent given coronavirus, fair enough), and the mygers scheme does feel (at least for match-going fans) a bit blatant in its attempts to try and get as much money out of us as possible, all IMO of course.
I think this is the issue most have. MyGers makes it feel very much as though Rangers feel that loyalty is how much money you give the club. Which in most people’s opinion, is wrong.

Tbh the main folk getting upset are those that aren’t on Gold

I like it purely because for the likes of the piggery, the tickets will go to those that deserve them the most

The previous luck of the ballot was a farce given that folk have missed out who have went to home and away games for years yet someone who had only signed up to away games for their first time could have got a ticket for it (which happened the season before last).

I like the current setup of priority windows.

And yes I am gold, and I do think there are still some teething issues but the principles of it work IMO
I like the idea of a loyalty membership but I don’t think have an equal chance with 3000 other people who can potentially be on 250 points less than you is ideal.

Thats not true. I have 4 season tickets for me and boys and have had for 12 years with all boxes ticked and we are all silver.

Including all friendlies since then?

As I've already said, I know someone who never travels abroad, but hasn't missed any sort of game at Ibrox in the past 5 years, plus he ticked all away and Hampden games and he scraped into Gold by the skin of his teeth.

Maybe worth getting your points checked mate.

Including all friendlies since then?

As I've already said, I know someone who never travels abroad, but hasn't missed any sort of game at Ibrox in the past 5 years, plus he ticked all away and Hampden games and he scraped into Gold by the skin of his teeth.

Maybe worth getting your points checked mate.

Cheers - I will look into it !!

Most folk are blowing the top because they’ve been a season ticket for 25 years etc are missing out because they didn’t do cccs, cup games or European aways.

If you’ve attempted to go to every game via the club in the last 5 years there’s a fair chance your in gold.

Bit daft do miss out on non st tickets for a season for the sake of 45 quid and not reading the information provided.
I'm surprised people dont get more grief when they admit to being a ST holder for 25 years.

Was there not meant to be a boycott of the Spivs?

The system is new and was always going to have teething problems. Of course, not everyone is going to be happy. It’s just the way it is unfortunately.

My main gripe was that you got as many points for going to a European away game as you did for seatsub or whatever the scheme is called. I’m sure that’s now addressed though, after some criticism and the points for euro away games has increased.

It will never be totally accurate, or fair in some cases but beats the previous system where, for example, someone didn’t go to an away game all season, gave away tickets for the likes of Livi and Killie and then struck gold with a piggery ticket (reduced capacity). It should be based on loyalty and who is going everywhere, to the guys who are grafting to run buses and pull tickets out their arses for those going week in, week out irrespective of opponents.

Just my opinion.

Mygers is not a perfect system ( and tbh don’t think any system could be). It will be reviewed and amended as it evolves but does need (in my opinion) some fundamental changes especially around transparency.

The various Issues have been highlighted numerous times and no wish to go over them cccs again.

As both home/away domestic and European away game tickets go on sale and (hopefully) semi/final tickets , the mechanics of the scheme will become clearer and the various advantages /disadvantages will be identified

Apart from some issues some had when trying to buy multiple tickets for the Blackpool game the posts on here seem to suggest it worked fairly well yesterday. Availability to purchase was a bit random in the evening right enough and required multiple refreshes.

My biggest gripe was the late notification of when the windows opened. Should be a minimum of 24 hours. Yet I didn’t see too many complain they had missed out as a result.

Hopefully a useful test for when it really matters.

It's not really though. In relation to tickets, it means that majority of people getting to the big games are people who put the time in over a period of years.

I don't think we have the system right at all and it should solely relate to tickets and not points wherever they fancy but it does have a use ticketwise.

For example, I know that if if I keep doing what I'm doing and have done for 20 years then I will never miss a final in a CCCS ballot.

I did though quite liked the old way for away tickets where you just got allocated 5 games. The split was always reasonable and that'd mean you could just get points for signing up to away scheme rather than cos you're really fast,and able, to log into the website midday thru the week.
It doesn't though as my Dad and I went to everything we got tickets for since 1986 and we're now dumped as we didn't join MyGers.

Only thing missing for me is the away games and its dumped me in silver :(
Obviously I understand why lol

Its annoying paying for MyGers for effectively what the CCCS used to be for me (non st games, friendlies and semi's/finals) but it is what it is

If you've spent so much money during our troubles to keep Rangers afloat and continue do do so, why the hell would you stall at another £45? Especially as you can see how much importance is attached to that £45.

It's Rangers who get your money, nobody else.
You could say that about every promotion the club puts out and at the moment there is a fair share of them.

Only thing missing for me is the away games and its dumped me in silver :(
Obviously I understand why lol

Its annoying paying for MyGers for effectively what the CCCS used to be for me (non st games, friendlies and semi's/finals) but it is what it is

You'll have a far better chance of a ticket for big Hampden games as a MyGers Silver member, as opposed to the old free for all ballot mate.

It’s a stealth tax to up ST money without upping ticket prices. 30k of us are paying so 15k of you don’t have to. You’re welcome

MyGers is a complete waste of money if you arent going to go to the games away from Ibrox.

If you follow rangers everywhere its probably the best method of getting a ticket. The likelihood is if you follow Rangers everywhere you have a network of mates / contacts that can always help you out with the Odd Spare every now and then also.

I think there'll always be arguments in regards to Loyalty Scheme but it's no different to Travel Club getting priority due to the number of points you were on. There's obviously small differences but the principal is the same.

If you're gold mygers i expect you to miss out on 2 away games a season, both Celtic. I expect if your sharp enough you'll pick up every other ticket possible.

It’s a stealth tax to up ST money without upping ticket prices. 30k of us are paying so 15k of you don’t have to. You’re welcome
Its money straight into the clubs coffers, they could stick it up to £100.00 and youd still get 30k paying it. Doesnt make it right but putting as much money into rangers as possible these days doesnt seem as much as a chore as it has in previous years !

Will MyGers be perfect the first season? The answer is no. Give it a chance ffs.

I’m more disappointed at the ‘cash grab’ and ‘waste of money’ nonsense. It’s £40/50 for a membership scheme to support the club.

Also don’t understand the constant moaning at the club trying to raise and giving fans the opportunity to bring in more revenue through merchandise, RTV, shares etc.

We can’t rely as a club on John Bennett/Douglas Park etc to bail us out forever…..

You could say that about every promotion the club puts out and at the moment there is a fair share of them.
Yes, I get that and I’m aboard most of them.
Donating because I want to not because I’m forced to.

The OP states “The board forgets where we were 10 years ago”.
It could be argued the OP forgets where we were 10 years ago.

Yes, I get that and I’m aboard most of them.
Donating because I want to not because I’m forced to.

The OP states “The board forgets where we were 10 years ago”.
It could be argued the OP forgets where we were 10 years ago.
I agree with you on that but I think there is a certain "force" factor for those who want away tickets. I don't subscribe as I don't do away games now.
Anyway,shouldn't I be getting on the Platinum band for my 70 years attendance at Ibrox? :D:D

Mate, you seriously have to stop getting so offended when anyone has the nerve to challenge hospitality.

The poster clearly was suggesting it appears that there is a gulf in class between MyGers members and those that don’t have it. That money talks. I did not agree or disagree. I simply stated a fact, that this exists with hospitality, because it does.

I’m not even sure what you are talking about, assuming the friendlies. No one has mentioned friendlies. Is that the only perk hospitality gets? What about your away tickets? You have justified why you should be allowed in for friendlies, why should you get a bigger allocation of away tickets? Flag day, will all hospitality get in? Of course they will. Why? And if the answer is because you paid more for you ticket it kind of just proves the point I was making.

Seriously mate, chill. Have a prawn sandwich.
I am completely chilled and not in the slightest offended.
You are the one going on big rants on here.
You have paid £40 to join Mygers to give you preferential treatment for away tickets over those in the lower tiers,I presume you want this to work in your favour as per the t & c’s of the scheme.
Oh and it is cucumber sandwiches today.

I agree with you on that but I think there is a certain "force" factor for those who want away tickets. I don't subscribe as I don't do away games now.
Anyway,shouldn't I be getting on the Platinum band for my 70 years attendance at Ibrox? :D:D
Due to work commitments I don’t get to many away games, but that’s my tough titty.
The guys that follow everywhere deserve first dibs on tickets and would be foolish not to have mygers.
They’ll eventually all be in gold or silver minimum.

I’m currently on diamond level but I expect that to drop.:))

I'm surprised people dont get more grief when they admit to being a ST holder for 25 years.

Was there not meant to be a boycott of the Spivs?
In that case I’ve held a season ticket since 1986 with the exception of one season, when I publicly tore up my 3 season tickets renewals in front of the ticket office during a Son’s of Struth protest.

Lot of unrest amongst fans with the my gers scenario, basically it looks like even if you are a ST holder ticked all the boxes yet you wont be considered for 'important' games unless you for out another £45. Rangers tend to forget where we were 10 years ago when thousands followed and kept the club afloat. To be treated like this is disgracefull, why should any fan be treated differently because they put £45 more into the club? Do we now have a 2 tier fan system depending on how much you can give to the club?
What you have now is the look at me I’m Gold tier , every fan is equal in my eyes no one is more staunchest so to speak cause they buy more stuff out the Rangers store or build up points or RTV when people who have followed Rangers all their lives Now can’t afford or feel to old to wear training gear ect

It doesn't though as my Dad and I went to everything we got tickets for since 1986 and we're now dumped as we didn't join MyGers.

I get that but that's your choice. I'd prefer the loyalty system for tickets was free, and it easily could've been, but the club have put a cost on it and made it clear that MyGers will get priority for certain things so if you don't join it then you drop down a level of priority.

Rightly or wrongly that's a choice you've made.

The club have brought in MyGers and people pay for it so there has to be some benefit for them.

What you have now is the look at me I’m Gold tier , every fan is equal in my eyes no one is more staunchest so to speak cause they buy more stuff out the Rangers store or build up points or RTV when people who have followed Rangers all their lives Now can’t afford or feel to old to wear training gear ect
Of course every Rangers fan is equal

but unfortunately some people are in a position to never miss a game home or away - some people can through their own circumstances only attend limited games- both are equal in my eyes- They are all Rangers fans

Even the MyGers scheme cannot take away the fact we are all Rangers fans - the self same Rangers fans- who every one and all would happily to see another Rangers fan miss out on tickets- provided they themselves got tickets for a plum game against say for instance CELTIC away - but every Rangers fan in my eyes is equal until the allocation and ballot of premium match tickets- then it’s everyone for themselves- and this was long before MyGers was introduced
tell me I’m wrong B-D

I am completely chilled and not in the slightest offended.
You are the one going on big rants on here.
You have paid £40 to join Mygers to give you preferential treatment for away tickets over those in the lower tiers,I presume you want this to work in your favour as per the t & c’s of the scheme.
Oh and it is cucumber sandwiches today.
Rants? I’ve made a factual one line sentence. That you responded to missing the point, again.

No, you are incorrect. You have no idea why I joined MyGers. You are making the assumption it’s based on away tickets. Anyway, when I joined I had no idea what tier I would be put in. But I did know what MyGers offered. Where in the T&Cs does it state hospitality get preferential treatment over normal ST holders for any tickets?

You don't get points for buying merchandise.

3 season tickets in my family, 2 of which I pay for. £500 for shares hopefully. More club merchandise than the superstore but I'm not eligible?
You do know points are, currently at least, accrued over 5 years? And there are no points for buying the merchandise?

Yes, points can be ‘gained’ by things like the Edmiston House thing but, by and large, points will be accrued by ST purchase, the various CCCS and by attendance at matches away from home and in Europe. Do all that and you will be at, or very close to, Gold Tier. That is precisely what the guys who currently reside there have done so, in fairness, they deserve first dibs on tickets.

Back