Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate I am not turning my nose up, I am more worried that we lack in other areas but having said that

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic
Hagi Davis lundstrum

sakala Morelos Kent

would get Us past Malmö

maybe I am just being to pessimistic

Replace Hagi with Arfield in the midfield 3 and you won't be far away mate.

Playing Hagi in there doesn't work, as he doesn't have the defensive discipline.

There's some ifs and buts here, but you could argue that for this season alone, if we qualify for the CL group stages and then also go on to win title number 56, we could potentially find ourselves in the strongest financial position the club has ever been in, in it's entire 150 year history.
CL qualification would be great but it's a huge problem if you base your expenditure on the outcome of qualification and then don't make it.

McGregor
Hagi Davis lundstrum

sakala Morelos Kent
Something like this should be far too good for Malmö

They are ranked 88th on the coefficient rankings

Look where your Portos and Benficas are ranked.

Why not? He's getting well rested now and was ready to play a game about ten days ago.

Stop doom mongering. We will be ready for Malmo.

Edit - just read your most recent posts, nearly all contain the word disappointed or worried. I'll leave you to it and block you.
No problem
If you can’t take other’s opinions on the situation that’s fine

To be fair it's not unique to Rangers fans to be emotionally attached to our players. In fact it will hurt us even more due to years of misery and this particular set of players brought the good times back.

We know there will be sales, but there won't be some big fire sale IMO. Morelos could well go, Kamara, Barisic, Goldson but not all of them.

Also, I'm going to be gutted when Celtic get rid of Barkas.

We haven't stood still we have added 2 quality players to a successful squad and Gerrard has made it clear there will be more.

Turning your nose up at Sakala and Lundstram because they are only 'two Bosmans' is bizarre.
If we had spent 3/4m on a striker who had scored 16 goals in the Belgian league this place would be going delirious with joy. I think people assume big fee = great player.

CL qualification would be great but it's a huge problem if you base your expenditure on the outcome of qualification and then don't make it.
Of course. I don't think we are though, although I know we used to do that in the past.

I'm just pointing out that we have a very real chance to put ourselves in a very strong financial footing in the not so distant future. A chance which is not so far fetched either.

Exactly Tags. McGregor, Arfield, Prso, Boumsong all Bosmans to name a few.

Jack, Kamara(more or less the 50k was a token gesture to get him early), Aribo (compensation was paid but he was out of contract), Balogun, Davis all from our current squad and if we were looking to buy them, bar Davis/Balogun, you'd be talking millions.

I'm not arguing we should never pay fee's, Veerman seems the type you'd go all out for for instance, but Bosman signings done correctly are just as important and sometimes better.

Why some people can’t wrap their heads round the fact we will lose good players for high fees is beyond me, the absolute carry on when someone gets linked with moving away is pathetic.

He must stay, he can’t leave etc etc, he is irreplaceable blah blah. pathetic.

Buying low and selling higher is the model that will see us become sustainable. People need to grow up and accept
Pennies I would guess
rumours were 600k was the first offer

Those out there "Demanding" that we sign more Quality need to consider it from the other side.

Why sign for Rangers ?

The SPFL is poor and full of cloggers who will injure you for fun

4 Games v scum might have been a big draw before but no longer since rise of EPL / CL TV coverage.

Money - read all the posts above, there is NO money in SPFL when compared to other leagues

The only thing we offer is exposure and experience in European Competition

I am in no doubt we have offers "in Principle" with players who may only join if we achieve CL Footy - or a minimum of EL ??

Footballers don't sign for teams simply because the manager is a name - these managers can go in a season and a 3 year contract doesn't expire if manager changes - See scum Rodgers signings.

So i don't expect any money signings until we know a clear path in this years European adventure

There’s countless of examples of people who want to come to our club to play. Add the fact in that Steven Gerrard is our manager and you have another huge enticement. John Lundstram, for example, had offers in the EPL but signed for us.

You massively under sell Rangers Football Club in this post.

Those out there "Demanding" that we sign more Quality need to consider it from the other side.

Why sign for Rangers ?

4 Games v scum might have been a big draw before but no longer since rise of EPL / CL TV coverage.

Money - read all the posts above, there is NO money in SPFL when compared to other leagues

I am in no doubt we have offers "in Principle" with players who may only join if we achieve CL Footy - or a minimum of EL ??

Footballers don't sign for teams simply because the manager is a name - these managers can go in a season and a 3 year contract doesn't expire if manager changes - See scum Rodgers signings.

So i don't expect any money signings until we know a clear path in this years European adventure
Tell all that to Ryan Kent, Filip Helander, Ianis Hagi and Kemar Roofe mate.

Playing devil's advocate a bit but I don't think people's opinions are actually as opposed as they might think.

I absolutely believe we might spend the guts of several million pounds on Joey Veerman if he is indeed a top target. And I don't think Champions league qualification will necessarily affect that.

I also think we will absolutely sell one or two big names depending on bids received and the players willingness to go,again- regardless of Champions league qualification.

We will continue to evolve as we have done under this current staff team.

And not too shabbily either if you don't mind me saying.
It's not as if Rangers have to pay the money for Veerman up front either, surely any deal would be structured as I think the Kent deal was. Too much doom and gloom,yes I'm a realist but I think we've got the best guys in charge. If Alfie is making waves with regards to Porto we should take the money, certainly not 10 mill. If he can stay til January and help us get to the group stages then he can go with my best wishes because it'll be a win win for us with CL revenue plus the sale of Alfie,which will be a sad day,but we'll adapt.

Of course. I don't think we are though, although I know we used to do that in the past.

I'm just pointing out that we have a very real chance to put ourselves in a very strong financial footing in the not so distant future. A chance which is not so far fetched either.
But we would be gambling on it if we went out and spent. We lost £17m the season before last and that was with a good run in the Europa. Last season will be a good bit worse due to the impact of Covid. We can't continue like this. Any spending on transfer fees without selling someone would be gambling on the CL money. I'm dying for us to get Veerman in as I think he would be very good for us but we've also got to be realistic about the finances.

Something like this should be far too good for Malmö

They are ranked 88th on the coefficient rankings

Look where your Portos and Benficas are ranked.
Totally different, we are still in pre-season and missing several key players. Malmo have a big advantage that they are into their season, this will be tough.

Agreed. We will need more ball retention. Both Malmö and Helsinki are 12 games through their league campaigns and both top. No mugs.

They'll certainly both be sharp and match fit mate, but I think we've got enough quality to beat either of them.

That should be an interesting game tonight though.

Why sign for Rangers ?

I think this is waaaay off mate, Rangers plus Steven Gerrard is a huge lure.

Sorry mate I am not turning my nose up, I am more worried that we lack in other areas but having said that

McGregor
Hagi Davis lundstrum

sakala Morelos Kent

would get Us past Malmö

maybe I am just being to pessimistic
Why do you write players names like this ?

If we had spent 3/4m on a striker who had scored 16 goals in the Belgian league this place would be going delirious with joy. I think people assume big fee = great player.
100% both of those players under contract would cost in excess of £10m most likely getting them in for a pittance is smart recruitment

Why sign for Rangers ?

Nice cheery post this.

But we would be gambling on it if we went out and spent. We lost £17m the season before last and that was with a good run in the Europa. Last season will be a good bit worse due to the impact of Covid. We can't continue like this. Any spending on transfer fees without selling someone would be gambling on the CL money. I'm dying for us to get Veerman in as I think he would be very good for us but we've also got to be realistic about the finances.
I think we'll wait until after the Malmo/Helsinki game to make our next signing. I could be wrong but I believe if we get past that tie we're guaranteed Europa League group stage at the very least? That itself brings approximately £8m when you factor in ticket sales etc.

Also, the winners of this seasons Scottish Premiership has direct entry into next seasons Champions League group stage. That in itself should be enough motive for the club to strengthen as much as realistically possible.

I absolutely get where you're coming from and I agree that we can't keep making losses year upon year. However it has to be noted that it HAD to be done that way in order to speed up the process of having a team good enough to win 55 within the 3 year target, while at the same time qualifying and competing admirably in the Europa League. When Gerrard took over we were absolutely miles away from it and Dave King admitted that we needed to front load to get us up to speed on AND off the park.

Having listened to the last couple of John Bennett interviews, he's very calm about the situation and I trust the current custodians of our club 100% that they know what they're doing. It is after all THEIR money that's been pumped in for the past 3 years and not some bank overdraft we're digging into.

Of course we should be too strong for Malmö but so far we haven’t had the smoothest pre-season due to the Euros and Copa America, and we have Kamara, Roofe and Balogun suspended. They are fully up speed and we aren’t.

Add to that that they have history of beating a strong Rangers and a strong Celtic side in the past decade (not to mention beating Hibs 7-0 at Easter road) and it’s a definitely a potential banana skin.

We'll be more than strong enough for Malmo mate.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey

Arfield
Davis
Lundstram

Any 3 of
Aribo
Kent
Sakala
Morelos
Itten

Malmo aren't beating that side imo.
Why Bassey over Borna? I expect Borna was back yesterday given Croatia went on the green list at 4am on Monday.

Why sign for Rangers ?

Ffs who took the jam outta your doughnut!? :oops:

I think we'll wait until after the Malmo/Helsinki game to make our next signing. I could be wrong but I believe if we get past that tie we're guaranteed Europa League group stage at the very least? That itself brings approximately £8m when you factor in ticket sales etc.

Also, the winners of this seasons Scottish Premiership has direct entry into next seasons Champions League group stage. That in itself should be enough motive for the club to strengthen as much as realistically possible.

I absolutely get where you're coming from and I agree that we can't keep making losses year upon year. However it has to be noted that it HAD to be done that way in order to speed up the process of having a team good enough to win 55 within the 3 year target, while at the same time qualifying and competing admirably in the Europa League. When Gerrard took over we were absolutely miles away from it and Dave King admitted that we needed to front load to get us up to speed on AND off the park.

Having listened to the last couple of John Bennett interviews, he's very calm about the situation and I trust the current custodians of our club 100% that they know what they're doing. It is after all THEIR money that's been pumped in for the past 3 years and not some bank overdraft we're digging into.

Yeah, we'd be in the Europa League as a minimum, but there's also a £5m payment made to teams who lose at the playoff round of the CL so that makes a big difference as well.

I don't think we're disagreeing about too much. I agree the spending above our means had to be done, there was no other way that we would compete for the league. The issue is that now that we've got there (won the league), the losses have to be addressed as the directors etc won't be funding them much longer. It's been brilliant what they've done but they've also been very open from the outset that the intention was to get us to this stage and then become self sufficient. We're still miles off that at the moment.
If we fail to qualify for the CL this year but manage to get into the Europa again we're still likely to face some hefty losses again, although hopefully less than in recent seasons due to our increased commercial revenue.

My mate (member on here) is at Ibrox having breaky the now. Sent me a pic with 2 guys with their rangers gear on, the other just in a normal trackie.

New signing possibly?

My mate (member on here) is at Ibrox having breaky the now. Sent me a pic with 2 guys with their rangers gear on, the other just in a normal trackie.

New signing possibly?
My mate is also at Edminston House just now for breakfast…sent him a message for photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back