Real Madrid Tickets

Regards to you and your family.

Its very straightforward.

Rangers have breached the financial agreement made at Season Ticket renewal by circa 9000 customers. Section 4 of the Season Ticket terms and conditions.

It shouldn’t have been left to your conscience what happened to tickets when the most famous football club in the world came to play Rangers.

Livingston. Everyone bought a season ticket and has the same contract.

The Livingston equivalent of Real Madrid would be giving 17000 tickets to folk on the Season Ticket waiting list.

Every ticket has gone to a Rangers season ticket holder, I don't grudge any of them seeing our team after 16 long months. I truly hope they have a brilliant day seeing us beat the biggest name in world football.

But the simple truth is Rangers have made a horrendous arse of how they did this, they have managed to turn our return to Ibrox into a calamity.

The closest I can compare it to is those who join the CCCS for semi finals and finals getting a semi ticket against Motherwell, then final tickets against Celtic going to those who weren't in the CCCS. Those who committed up front to friendlies simply had to get first priority for Real Madrid. It's akin to Rangers ripping up a contract with them. Whoever decided to do it this way has destroyed a lot of goodwill, got fans arguing among themselves, and should never have anything to do with ticketing decisions ever again.

Be folk that don't have ST's getting that game no doubt.
Even our TO would struggle to mess up a straight ballot for all ST holders.

Only possible thing could be the family situation, ie giving kids tickets but not adults.

Please, please fellow Bears, it has been awful reading some of the comments being thrown at each other on Follow Follow on this issue. I completely understand your anger, but we are all fellow Bears and should try to treat each other with respect.
Should be pinned. The way some of us talk to each other when we disagree is brutal at times. No need to get nasty. I doubt most of it would ever be said face to face.

Think everyone was expecting an email at least explaining what happened and why. Fact is the next email we get from Rangers will be to buy the bespoke 6th training jacket, with not a brass neck among the clowns in charge
Complete radio silence since it started getting to the serious point of ‘breach of contract’

Rangers aren’t slow in revoking Season Tickets when there’s a breach of contract that inconveniences them.

Even if they do apologise ‘aw sorry, heres a free European game’

What you think I want Rangers not to be able to afford better players ?

Incompetent people have been deleted from Football operations thankfully, time for someone at the club to stop the crap of the last 20 years in ticketing.

Hopefully this isn't just swept under the carpet like ticket office always does... If folk were as incompetent in my work they would be shown the door..

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.
It is not fair that the first few home games aren't doled out to ALL season ticket holders who ticked 'home friendlies'....but it is too late now. MyGers had nothing to do with it...nor should it as regards first competitive games. ALL s/ticket holders have equal right to be in ballot.

Well said LoyalUlsterMan. We are all Rangers men (and women) at the end of the day. The snidey comments aimed at other bears I see on some posts sometimes dishearten me. Glad your RM tickets going to good cause. Rangers really didn't do this well. Finally, I admire you Ulster bears for your loyalty and support. WATP.
I don’t agree with some of the stuff that’s been aimed at fellow ST holders etc, some of it has been out of order

However, the frustration is warranted and the club really need to clear this mess up. Radio silence isnt going to cut it in this instance

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.
Extremely childish? Very good

Would they have randomly assigned tickets to non-friendlies members if it was Raith rovers rather than Real Madrid? I highly doubt it

People’s anger is very much justified

Hardly - the club have completely shafted those that tick "ALL HOME FRIENDLIES"

I don't think it's unreasonable or childish to be annoyed at the club for that.

We ticked a box that we understood to mean, in the event of reduced capacities, we'd be given priority for all home friendlies - that hasn't happened.

To those that are getting to go to the RM game I have not a single ounce of animosity - they're all STH's at the end of the day

It's like signing up for the away ballot, missing out on Parkhead, and then finding out that folk who hadn't ticked the box got tickets...

What a load of absolute shite.
In just the past month they’ve made a mess of:

- Charging fan media 25k to attend press conferences
- Lifelong fan & photographer of 35 years important to the support not getting in to games anymore unless he forks up more than his yearly wage
- Fans who actually sign up to friendlys not getting to see the friendly against the biggest club in the world
- Effed up the MyGers exclusive preview kit launch
- SD releasing the kit & training stuff before Rangers
- Sending out the St Enochs, SD/Elite owned store address for the Rangers shop, and the wrong address in Belfast
- Releasing half and half Arsenal scarfs along with a collab tshirt comparable to the embarassing SD semi final one

Thats just off the top of my head.

Shambolic.

See if offered a ticket and refuse does it have an impact on finals and finals?
I got offered a Real Madrid ticket (didn't sign up for friendlies) but despite repeated attempts have been unable to complete the purchase.

I hope it's not a portent of what's to come for the season ahead regarding European tickets/ Cup games.

It's not like this COVID issue has just hit us suddenly.

Why have a sign up for friendlies option when you have no intention of implementing it?
9,000 fans committed to it and almost 9,000 are fucked over as a thank you.

It was basically their chance to say "see what you can get if you sign up for friendlies".
Instead, I and many, many others will not be signing up in future.
A massive own goal.
You're an absolute disgrace on this one, Rangers.

Last edited:
Agree with the OP, all tickets should have went to folk who ticked friendlies. Is it possible that only 5000 people ticked friendly matches. Maybe there are extra?

I haven't been to one since Middlesborough (2006?) and I've never ticked friendly matches in the CCCS.

Tickets for the Real Madrid game aren't the star prize that people seem to think. The players that were involved in the Euros and Copa America won't be coming - some 11 players. It'll be very much a second string team that Real are sending.

Has the SLO made comment yet @Greg Marshall ?

Time to front up and explain / apologies.

With 16 months to prepare for the return of fans this is a pathetic situation.

IMO, The only fans that should have been balloted for these friendlies are the ones who had ticked home friendlies on CCS. If there were spares they should have went on sale using the queue based online portal for non-home friendly CCS and then again to non-CCS ST holders.

I agree, an absolute Horlicks from the Club. As one who has signed up for friendlies and a MyGers gold tier member I am disappointed to discover that I wasn’t even in the ballot for the Madrid match. That’s all I wanted, a fair and equal chance of a ticket within the ST/MyGers rules laid down by the Club.

Aside from the Club issue, again as a member, I would like to see Club1872 take up this topic, but so far nothing from them either.

Perhaps those moaning think the club should just do something simple, like follow it's own processes for example.

Not really hard is it.

That too childish for you?

Tickets for the Real Madrid game aren't the star prize that people seem to think. The players that were involved in the Euros and Copa America won't be coming - some 11 players. It'll be very much a second string team that Real are sending.
Rangers clearly disagree with you going by the friendly pricing structure.

Haven’t read this thread but got the email saying I got one in the ballot tried to put it in my basket but doesn’t happen says I need to have purchased in my basket 2 requirement before buying this then when I click select seats I select stand and ticket it says there are not enough tickets available for what you want please change the quantity and try again
Same problem.

Same problem.
Would have been so much better if they'd just shown a stadium planner with available seats to select from, rather than working through the stands and sections on a hit-and-hope basis.

Incredibly frustrating. At very least grey-out or remove sections/stands that have sold out FFS.

I don't disagree mate, but do you not think folk who were emailed to say they had a ticket, went online and bought it then got it whipped away wouldn't be pissed off, right or wrong?

I completely agree, I just don't think it means the club won't have a different shitstorm to deal with.
did they tick the " Friendly " box ?? if yes they have a right to be pissed off and if its " No " why are they pissed off ?

Same problem.
Which could be easily solved by having a "best available" selection

All tickets are the same price, so when you're running a system that requires a drop down as such then that would be helpful

I'm sure the club haven't sent out more emails than tickets (no laughing at the back)

Why did Rangers make a song and dance about it then ?

did they tick the " Friendly " box ?? if yes they have a right to be pissed off and if its " No " why are they pissed off ?
Ask them, when they complain - which they will. I'm not saying they're right, but it's a blind man who can't see that they'd complain.

What a load of absolute shite.

Im sure John Bennett, Douglas Park, Ross Wilson and the likes would have plenty to say about it all being about Gerrard.

Who does MSF think held everything together after Hamilton and Hearts the season before last? Gerrard even said himself it was through the support of the board that kept him thinking straight through all that.

Although as soon as MSF posts anything my first thought is 'surely this guy can't post even more nonsense than he already has'.

He always does.

On the pitch, yes. Demand competence as a bare minimum in every department now that we have climbed the football mountain and its all in hand.

We aren’t being childish, we are definitely being bloody irritating actually referring to financial contracts that are in place and have just been breached by our club.
The absolute silence from the club just compounds these issues.

It’s beyond frustrating.
Think its dawned on them how serious a failure yesterday is when it was able to be summed up as ‘breach of contract’.

A few people are highlighting the way we speak to each other on here. Think its a valid point, I felt the need to report posts around Blackpool that were being deliberately venomous to individuals about where they live. We are all bears and all want the best version of Rangers we can possibly be. Some of us get worked up about every detail others just care about the results on the pitch.

We come back to the OP. Sure we all wish him well. Already gutted to have made the decision that family comes first after a difficult year and removed himself from friendlies, Rangers throw 2 Real Madrid tickets at him and he’s left agonising yesterday. Its not good enough.

It's still Real Madrid - at Ibrox

Not something I've seen before, and when the world goes back to normal, something that gets even less likely again

The way it should’ve filtered down imo is

Season Ticket Holders + Friendly CCCS + MyGers (any tier)
Season Ticket Holders + Friendly CCCS
Season Ticket Holders + MyGers
Season Ticket Holders
MyGers members
Public Sale

Can argue about the MyGers part but we all know the club are going to include it somehow.

Bearing in mind I don’t know the exact numbers in each group so I’m not sure if it would be feasible or not.

I have no problems with any of the fans who got tickets for Real Madrid, what are they supposed to do? Just not buy them? Nah, don’t blame them at all. Club made an arse of it trying to be “fair” by stopping people going to both. Fans shouldn’t feel bad about it snd others shouldn’t be abusing them for it.

Complete radio silence since it started getting to the serious point of ‘breach of contract’

Rangers aren’t slow in revoking Season Tickets when there’s a breach of contract that inconveniences them.

Even if they do apologise ‘aw sorry, heres a free European game’

What you think I want Rangers not to be able to afford better players ?

Incompetent people have been deleted from Football operations thankfully, time for someone at the club to stop the crap of the last 20 years in ticketing.
There’s been more than a fair share of incompetent idiots at the club, most are gone and some are still hanging around like the un wanted hanger on at the party. The ticketing has always been a shambles and now it’s going digital and automated it will be even worse. You can’t compensate the skills of a human when they are competent.

Ask them, when they complain - which they will. I'm not saying they're right, but it's a blind man who can't see that they'd complain.

but they weren't entitled to the tickets initially , the club are looking at a large majority of those who ticked the box not doing so next season , if they try and at least rectify their mistake it shows they're learning lessons from mistakes and acting accordingly .......... this " aww FFS we've made a boob oops !!! " is a terrible look and not a sign of a work in progress

Back