Euro Results: Larne 2-1 Aarhus, Linfield 4-0 Borac Banja Luka, Abergreen 5-1 Hacken, HIVs 3-0 Santa Coloma

Hopefully get a win in the second leg too, extra points to the coefficient

Nice to see other teams actually turning up in Europe

They came 3rd last year and are already a fair chunk through their league.

Gives me slight confidence that the Swedish league is pish and we should be very much favourites against Malmö.
They are mid table this season.

We are already very much favourites against Malmo?!?

TO NOTE

hibs and Aberdeen will be unseeded for play off round regardless if they knock their next opponents out.

teams they can face :
Tottenham, Roma, Basel, Union Berlin Copenhagen, Plzen, Gent, Anderlecht, Astana, Feyenoord, Qarabag,FCSB M. Tel Aviv, PAOK, AEK
FWIW looking at it from a rangers point of view. We’d beat 90% of them.

Aberdeen look a shadow of last years side going on that game. Attacking fluent football. See how long it lasts. Great result for them.

Regardless of opposition, 5-1 in Europe is a very impressive result.

When you consider that they're playing a team who finished 3rd in Sweden last year and are currently halfway through their season, you start to wonder if the sheep bastards will actually give them scum a run for second this year.

Not sure if that's a freak result against a poor side or a much improved Sheep side, watched the 2nd half, thought they were decent to be fair, good for co efficient.

No doubt the papers will have Scott Brown crowing about Aberdeen's Euro glory. Bill Leckie will probably do a piece on Scotland's European resurgence.
As usual the real work will be done by Rangers and then the media will go quiet.

So, the 4th placed team in Scotland just arse raped the 3rd ranked team from Sweden, but Rangers should be shitting it from Malmo?

The last page sums up this place in a nutshell.

People praising a northern Irish team for beating the 4th placed Danish team. Meanwhile a Scottish team beating the 3rd placed Swedish team 5-1is greeted with disdain

People praising a northern Irish team for beating the 4th placed Danish team. Meanwhile a Scottish team beating the 3rd placed Swedish team 5-1is greeted with disdain
I haven’t read any of the thread.

I saw the thread title and thought that can’t be right with all the panty wetting (that’s right, I said it, deal with it :p) going on in the transfer window thread thinking a team of

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna/Bassey
Lundstram Davis Kamara
Hagi/Aribo Morelos/Sakala Kent

or similar can’t do the business against Malmö

Their last goal was a wee belter.

Just saw this on twitter: 'Aberdeen pumped Hacken and Hibs pumped a bunch of hacken b@stards'.

Absolutely this, and it’s very short sighted.

If the other Scottish teams can do well enough that we keep our coefficient where it is, that’s very good for us.

Automatic CL groups football for several seasons on the bounce would be outstanding for our finances. We are very well placed to be big title favourites for the next couple of seasons, if we can get 2/3 consecutive seasons in the CL we will be miles ahead of the vermin.

Rijeka will be very technical and able to keep the ball. It'll be good experience for Aberdeen because outside of us and the bheasts, they are not use to have to try to win possession and running about without the ball.

Regardless of opposition, 5-1 in Europe is a very impressive result.

When you consider that they're playing a team who finished 3rd in Sweden last year and are currently halfway through their season, you start to wonder if the sheep bastards will actually give them scum a run for second this year.

I also hope it indicates a weak Swedish League in general and we pump Malmo.

Absolutely this, and it’s very short sighted.

If the other Scottish teams can do well enough that we keep our coefficient where it is, that’s very good for us.

Automatic CL groups football for several seasons on the bounce would be outstanding for our finances. We are very well placed to be big title favourites for the next couple of seasons, if we can get 2/3 consecutive seasons in the CL we will be miles ahead of the vermin.

Its a very small minded mentality really.

Who thinks of Hibs or Aberdeen or St Johnstone as rivals? Them chipping in is only good for us.

Maybe it’s this new found peace of mind I’ve been embracing in my life recently ....but I really don’t care what their supporters think about Rangers. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It doesn’t register on the Richter scale of my thinking, when it seems so obvious that the non- Celtic teams winning can only help us.

TO NOTE

hibs and Aberdeen will be unseeded for play off round regardless if they knock their next opponents out.

teams they can face :
Tottenham, Roma, Basel, Union Berlin Copenhagen, Plzen, Gent, Anderlecht, Astana, Feyenoord, Qarabag,FCSB M. Tel Aviv, PAOK, AEK

Will you get back in the section with your Hibs scarf mate?

2 Scottish teams win, good for the national co-efficient, keep it up. Quite impressive by the Sheep there as they were playing a Swedish team so no mugs unlike Hibs' opposition.

Given most of us, myself included, thought Aberdeen might struggle in that game, you have to say that was a very good result.

And if they'd scored more than five it wouldn't have been undeserved.

Good to see both sides getting the job done, given the sort of embarrassing stuff that's happened in recent years.

This! Setting aside the fact that we have no love for either club, there is no doubt that they were both very creditable results. It is a pleasant change to see other Scottish clubs winning in European ties.

Back