Euro Results: Larne 2-1 Aarhus, Linfield 4-0 Borac Banja Luka, Abergreen 5-1 Hacken, HIVs 3-0 Santa Coloma

Watched first half, Hacken had one opportunity of note an then the Considine incident. After that Aberdeen could genuinely have scored four in the first half.
Wow, cheers for the summary. I am surprised they were so good! I was wondering if it was just Scottish media bigging up Aberdeen but it sounds like they performed well.

The Conference League looks not bad. Loads of teams I've never heard of but the match-ups seem to give lesser teams a shout.

Sheep played well, the new guys up front looked decent. Ferguson was MoM for me, Lego didn’t do much just protected his defence and passed the ball to Ferguson.

Great result for Linfield. I must admit I never expected the sheep to win by that amount. Hibs result about as expected.

I haven’t read any of the thread.

I saw the thread title and thought that can’t be right with all the panty wetting (that’s right, I said it, deal with it :p)
Thank God we all have you here to be our conscience on who/what we can and cannot like.

"You're an angel from heaven Hi".

I also don't believe you didn't read the thread.

Its a very small minded mentality really.

Who thinks of Hibs or Aberdeen or St Johnstone as rivals? Them chipping in is only good for us.

Maybe it’s this new found peace of mind I’ve been embracing in my life recently ....but I really don’t care what their supporters think about Rangers. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It doesn’t register on the Richter scale of my thinking, when it seems so obvious that the non- Celtic teams winning can only help us.
The reality is, Celtic playing group football hinders them domestically, as does it normally hinder us

Last season was a complete anomaly to an extent in this regard

With the conference league now being a thing, I’d much prefer them to have 6 games in the conference group stages than going out of Europe completely. Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday every 14 days is a benefit to us and I’d argue with anyone that says different

If Hibs/Aberdeen can sneak through another qualifying round and contribute say more coefficient points each I’ll be delighted

Saw the Borac players walking around Belfast this morning. Maybe the heat got to them and the Danes!

Larne off to Portugal if they get through to play Pacos de Ferreira, tough but probably about the same standard as the Danes.

Very winnable tie for Linfield if they get through looks like it’ll be Fola Esch from Luxembourg.

Good night for the coefficient? What's the going rate for a win in these rounds just now?
0.2 a win (1 point divided by 5) and 0.1 for a draw

Scotland currently have 0.5 in total out of a possible 0.6 because of the rats

Good night for the coefficient? What's the going rate for a win in these rounds just now?
Because we have 5 teams in Europe it’s 0.4 points for a win and 0.2 for a draw. However this is halved for the qualifying rounds, so a total of 0.4 points tonight.

Larne off to Portugal if they get through to play Pacos de Ferreira, tough but probably about the same standard as the Danes.

Very winnable tie for Linfield if they get through looks like it’ll be Fola Esch from Luxembourg.
I would say the Blues are definitely through but it will be tough for Larne in Denmark. Still it's good to see both teams with a chance in the 2nd leg.

This co-commentator on the Aberdeen game.

Brutal. Sounds as thick as shit.
Sounded like one of the twats you hear up there who:

a) Is as miserable as a fortnight in Greenock
b) Takes equal joy from Aberdeen oil wealth & shipyards/steelworks/mines shutting
c) Hears a different Scottish accent of someone working on rigs and wants to kill them
d) Cries himself to sleep at night knowing Fergie-time was once in 118 years & never again
e) Doesn't care when they give the stinkies 12 points because it's all about Rangers

Basically their entire support.

Rangers fans being positive about Aberdeen and Hibs. Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic fans are outraged. Sevcooooo was the response.

CupqWqDqL#W#D#LBonusPointsAverage
up

Scotland
5 teams
78HibernianECL10000001.0not out
78AberdeenECL10000001.0not out
121CelticCL01000000.5not out
155Glasgow RangersCL00000000.0not out
155St. JohnstoneEL00000000.0not out

top row copied and pasted out of place ( formatting I guess)

Apparently its been 13 years since a team outwith of us and celtic made a group stage of a European competition.

Really is a terrible stat when you see the size of some of the clubs that make it year in, year out.

With the conference league starting up, surely at least one of them have to make the groups?
Was that the sheep shaggers when Jimmy Calderwood was in charge? Did he not manage a draw against Bayern or did I imagine that?

I'm torn here, one part of me says we need them for the co efficient. The other part of me says feck them and there manky fans, they wanted us buried and gone forever, they celebrate a tackle that nearly ruined the career of one of our most talented young players. And the other mob attacked our players on the field after a cup final.

So no... I can live without the co efficient but I will never forgive or forget. They despise us and we should despise them. They can rot in there own spew as far as i am concerned. Do you think any of them will want us to do well in Europe ?

Brilliant result for my wee hometown team against the Danes. Outstanding!

Well done to the Blues as well.

As much as I hate to say it they were excellent results for the coefficient. Vital for Scotland to maintain the top 10 position we are currently in and this certainly helps. (Automatic CL)

Keeping things in context, Aberdeen and Hibs should be easily winning these games so its not telling us a lot at this stage.

I hope they go through and then a bit further but suspect defensive frailties in both will see them out when they encounter someone of higher calibre. That same problem is going to stop them finishing 2nd or close to it domestically. They will be tricky in one of games though so its possible for either or both of them to progress in Europe this season.

Given their long history of embarrassing debacles that may not be much but its something.

Linfield and Larne were the real results of the round - sensational stuff.

Let's not get carried away after one result, that's what the tims do and its best left for them.

I'm sure Aberdeen will Improve this season but I will wait until they have played 5 to 10 matches before judging if they are going to have a great season or not.

If only Rangers points counted.. you wouldn’t have to divide their total by 4 or 5 each year. As such Scotland would be above France, not behind Belarus.
No, because there’s people that believe that even with the current points total, we’ve contributed a disproportionate amount of points

That’s not the case though

I'm torn here, one part of me says we need them for the co efficient. The other part of me says feck them and there manky fans, they wanted us buried and gone forever, they celebrate a tackle that nearly ruined the career of one of our most talented young players. And the other mob attacked our players on the field after a cup final.

So no... I can live without the co efficient but I will never forgive or forget. They despise us and we should despise them. They can rot in there own spew as far as i am concerned. Do you think any of them will want us to do well in Europe ?
The coefficient is the reason we have an auto CL place next season for the league winner.

Granted we are the main drivers of that but without the odd wins from teams like the sheep and some half decent showings (occasionally) from Celtic it wouldn't be possible.

I want rangers playing at the top level and the coefficient is an important part of that. For me, I see no problem with other Scottish sides (tims aside) doing well - hardly like they're going to win the thing.

The ultimate beneficiary of that will be us.

If they same thing was applied to it for Aberdeen, then they would be sitting 2nd last
True mate but my point is, yeah we carry the van at times but we’re reliant on other teams chipping in and helping

Need to be a moron to suggest that Celtic haven’t contributed is a nonsense and some people convincing themselves about it

For anyone worried about Malmo, Hacken finished 3rd in the Swedish league, just 11 points off Malmo.

The Swedish league is utter dogshit and we'll thump them comfortably.

Back