Ballot for Livi game

Sorry my info is only that the 23.3k has been agreed. I do not have info on the timing of the ballot. Obviously there is now no reason for any further delay so I would hope today

Apologies, I read one of your posts above as saying that now the attendance limit has been figured out you expected the ballot to be today. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

To back up what @Yoga Bear says. I was told yesterday from someone who works at the club that we will have 23500 for Saturday
Thanks. I believe that the club were confident that the increase would be given but could not progress with the ballot until the capacity was agreed formally with the authorities

Thanks. I believe that the club were confident that the increase would be given but could not progress with the ballot until the capacity was agreed formally with the authorities
They had agreed last week 17k. Could have balloted that before now then added the extra 6klater. Same they did with Brighton and RM when I got an email Friday 11pm for them games!

They had agreed last week 17k. Could have balloted that before now then added the extra 6klater. Same they did with Brighton and RM when I got an email Friday 11pm for them games!
I agree and it is what I would have done. They should explain their reasons for the delay.

I agree and it is what I would have done. They should explain their reasons for the delay.

The practicalities of it aren't as easy as that, sadly.

The stadium has to be mapped out as to where people should be sitting (we know it won't be adhered to on the day but we can't plan for that). The distance between people, numbers in certain rows etc - all of that has to be scrapped and started again with any change that's implemented. If the attendance number has changed, that's going to have a big effect.

Our list of season ticket holders isn't just individuals, there's family and social groups to consider, so trying to get the numbers right isn't as easy as just putting everyone into a pot and drawing them out.

There's no doubt the ticket office or whatever department is in control of this have had some challenges this summer and haven't always found it easy, but in this case the club are trying to get as many fans as possible into the game and that sadly means a bit of work and time. They won't want the sort of difficulties that happened with the friendlies. It probably means the ballot is delayed a little, which is unfortunate and I do understand the frustrations and problems that causes for many fans.

But I think it's unfair to criticise the club for trying to get as many fans back into the stadium as possible, and I don't believe this whole process is anywhere near simple.

The stadium has to be mapped out as to where people should be sitting (we know it won't be adhered to on the day but we can't plan for that). The distance between people, numbers in certain rows etc - all of that has to be scrapped and started again with any change that's implemented. If the attendance number has changed, that's going to have a big effect.

Our list of season ticket holders isn't just individuals, there's family and social groups to consider, so trying to get the numbers right isn't as easy as just putting everyone into a pot and drawing them out.

There's no doubt the ticket office or whatever department is in control of this have had some challenges this summer and haven't always found it easy, but in this case the club are trying to get as many fans as possible into the game and that sadly means a bit of work and time. They won't want the sort of difficulties that happened with the friendlies. It probably means the ballot is delayed a little, which is unfortunate and I do understand the frustrations and problems that causes for many fans.

But I think it's unfair to criticise the club for trying to get as many fans back into the stadium as possible, and I don't believe this whole process is anywhere near simple.
Far too sensible mate, I can sense a ban heading your way. :)

Well explained. I should have thought it through myself. Clearly, the mapping for 17k will change if the capacity is switched to 23.3k. It is not just a case of adding in the extra bodies in between those already mapped.

Presumably they will not start from scratch therefore why not have 2 contingency maps for the lower and higher figure. Then you can notify the lower figure that they have a ticket and they can make plans. If more tickets become available then switch to the upper figure, notify the extra people and allocate actual seats.

That way everybody is happy, other than those who don't get a ticket :)), and there is no mad rush at the last minute

I genuinely do not know, my source is not Rangers. I do know that the capacity has been agreed with the authorities at 23.3k. It is reasonable to assume that this has been the cause of the delay so I would hope that the ballot is today.
Sorry, I cannot say. It is genuine info at not second hand.
If your info came from a source, then it's 2nd hand surely haha.

If we are getting 50%, just give access to everyone in the who has seats in every second row, leave an empty row between.

Miss out Row A since it would have the worst view anyway, allow access for everyone in Row B, miss out row C etc. All info clear and upfront and everyone will know what is happening.

( Row D loyal ;) )

If we are getting 50%, just give access to everyone in the who has seats in every second row, leave an empty row between.

Miss out Row A since it would have the worst view anyway, allow access for everyone in Row B, miss out row C etc. All info clear and upfront and everyone will know what is happening.

( Row D loyal ;) )
I know it's a bit in jest but there does seem method in the madness. If it is half simply draw either row A or B first and that's it done. Is that just ridiculously easy or crazy talk?

So staunch you don’t even live in Glasgow :shh: B-)
Maybe give Ayr or Killie a try :cool:
Blasphemy brother Blasphemy, anyone suggesting that fine Ayrshiremen should go support these minor teams - should wash their mouths out with soap forthwith

( Row D loyal ;) )
I like this plan! Row D loyal

Back