MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Livingston FT - Match Thread & Vote for your Man of the Match

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a pish intto on sky with dreary music fucking hell !

Last edited:
I thought they let us keep the 9 subs and it was up to the league. Did the SFA actually decide against it
Maybe the clubs voted against using 9 subs this season in the League?

Option was there

Nothing to do with SFA

League Cup is 9 subs

Looking at our team selection today just highlights how incredible our depth is when you consider the players not even involved! What a team what a club

Defoe was being started ahead of him at times last season in game we were always going to win. He hasn’t got a run of games yet, this was the chance with our star striker out.

Gerrard called him the stand-out of pre-season less than a week ago.

To say he is not rated isn't true.

Have they reverted back to 3 subs then? I actually quite liked the 5 as it also gave us the chance to maybe bring in younger players. I think we'd see more from kelly etc if it was still in place.

Aribo straight in over Lundstram?

I'd have thought he'd be eased in as a substitute, but I guess Lundstram must be starting against Malmo.

Either way, team looks relatively strong, with loads of game changers on the bench.

Probably would have Itten in the starting eleven too, but there's just so many options that we have right now you can't really begrudge what the manager chooses.

Lot of quality not even involved today - Morelos, Defoe, Arfield, Barisic, Helander, Katic, Kelly, Jack. Bodes very well indeed!
We are going to have a problem keeping everyone happy and involved this season given reduced numbers allowed on the bench in the league (not saying that's a bad thing as creates great competition)

Come on Rangers let’s gets a win

Surprised at line up but the gaffer and backroom team know what they are doing

Going to be a long season if we reach CL so we will need all of our strength in depth. However, league again priority but I think we have enough to play two teams that should cope with most opposition domestically. What a place to be compared to when SG entered the front door…

Have they reverted back to 3 subs then? I actually quite liked the 5 as it also gave us the chance to maybe bring in younger players. I think we'd see more from kelly etc if it was still in place.
Must be as we only have 7 on bench, I liked the 5 subs last year

Defoe was being started ahead of him at times last season in game we were always going to win. He hasn’t got a run of games yet, this was the chance with our star striker out.
I think it’s more likely Gerrard has had Livingston scouted and made the decision that their defence relishes playing against a big target man that teams would be tempted to loft balls up too and has instead gone for a pacey front line that will drag there defence all over the place and leave gaps to exploit.

If I'd sat down and put out 10 team line ups,I still wouldn't have came close to the team line up today,very strange selection. Hope it doesn't bite us on the arse,we've got fans back in now and know how they can be when things not going great.

How did they train this week Stevie?

Can we calm down please ffs.
That team should be blowing Livingston away with ease. That’s whole point of a squad, the team changes, and the gaffer has forgot more about football than any of us are ever likely to know.

4-0 Rangers.

I think that teams with an eye for Europe, for Europe you’ll probably see lundstram, McGregor, itten and helander all start. You’ll have lundstram in for Kamara and itten in for hagi.

Well, George 3rd had nothing on what will ensue from today onwards.

Do I think we will win the league? Yes. The reason being simple. We have a better team and squad than everyone else. But when it boils down to it, mainly we are head and shoulders above the filth.

However, we need to leave last season's superlatives and records alone and in splendid isolation. I suspect they will always be looked at as a complete one off, certainly in our lifetimes.

After all how long did it take for us to record an unbeaten league record since we first achieved it back in 1898/99? One hundred and twenty-two years is a long time. So let's take that pressure off the squad by any expectations that last season's heroics can be repeated. Not that I'm saying anyone has specifically stated this.

However, however. With that title win now under our belts and the monkey off our backs, it would be nice to see and possibly expect to see the team playing with even more confidence and freedom of expression because they know they are the champions and a match increasingly for the better teams in Europe. That's all down to their own endevours and the coaching staff.

But, and there's always a but with me. We saw last season yet again how we are treated differently by the charlatans running the game. Just think of the bans handed out to Rangers players regards Covid sanctions compared to everyone else? You simply couldn't make it up and I'm not because it happened right in front of our faces.

Rangers players and their wives/girlfriends have a house party and all recieve 6 game suspensions. Apparently the WAGS were surplus to, and a breach of the bubble requirements, if I remember correctly.

The filth in Dubai have a pool party with outsiders and not one suspension between them. The authorities even allowed one of their number, Duffy, to play for them even though it was against the league and Gov't self-isolation rules.

Then we have the corruption that is the Compliance Officer. It's quite simple for me. Within the people at the club there should be enough of them in the background capable of taking in every SPFL game and taking notes of every controversial incident that is ignored by the CO but is high priority if a Rangers player is the perpetrator.

Easter Rd last season. Morellos retrospectively banned for a stamp, yet in the same game, a Hibs player (McGregor?) guilty of the same action gets away CO free.

Dundee Utd at Ibrox, a tackle on Morelos not worth talking about but if the other way, Morelos is on another ban.

Dundee Utd again, Roofe is booked by the referee for a tackle, which for any other player is the end of the matter. Yet Roofe is then retrospectively banned. Despite the rules that would have been upheld against us.

The goodwill towards the club is off the scale from last season and deservedly so. But these incidents are one aspect and/or areas of the game, from the people running the club on the pitch that is basically a dereliction of duty.

As for the cheats in the middle? I would love a reaction from the manager after the match on every debatable decision against us, highlighted. Of course what I want and will assuredly get will be completey different.

I'm not talking about the odd mistimed challenge. - That happens either way. I'm talking about the now obligatory first time bookable challenge on a Rangers player which is almost always allowed, but if dealt with properly, would result in the inevitable second act of thuggery warrant a deserved second yellow.

Anyway go to it Rangers and I'm off to have a virtual cup of Absinthe with my old mucka George for lunch.

I've mentioned before I think the s%ite wee get from refs etc has contributed to us having exceptional discipline and attitude as we have to play the perfect game to get by. I think that's ingrained in the squad now but it doesn't make it right either, we need to remain aware and call it out.

Great point about the Invincible 55, any league win will do this season.

That said, we are in a great place, it feels like we can expect to see the same brand of football domestically and in Europe.

Buzzing, Let's go Rangers!

Back