MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chance for others then but a bit disappointed with that, makes it even more difficult

Relying on Itten/Sakala is far from ideal
They’ll be more than up to the task mate, it’s not ideal but can’t be avoided.

Chance for others to stake a claim I always view as a positive.

A draw tonight would be magnificent given our suspensions and injuries . This tie really is 50/50 .
^^^ this.

Tough game. The Swedes should be more up to speed, as Rangers have only played one competitive fixture. Add injuries and suspensions, and this is a really difficult one. Not sure where all the confidence on this thread is coming from - it’s like domestic match threads where poster after poster predicts 3- or 4-nil.

A draw would be a great result.

I'm buzzing already. Is it too early to crack the voddy open?

I'm a total panic merchant so the optimism we have worries me. I believe that equates to me being a shitebag.

They're no mugs and I reckon they'll score against us, their CF form is decent. 10 in 15 appearances.

They'll be busy about our box, let's hope nothing comes from it.

3-2 Rangers.

I'm buzzing already. Is it too early to crack the voddy open?

I'm a total panic merchant so the optimism we have worries me. I believe that equates to me being a shitebag.

They're no mugs and I reckon they'll score against us, their CF form is decent. 10 in 15 appearances.

They'll be busy about our box, let's hope nothing comes from it.

3-2 Rangers.
If you start now, chances are you will miss the full game, so nothing to stress about :D

^^^ this.

Tough game. The Swedes should be more up to speed, as Rangers have only played one competitive fixture. Add injuries and suspensions, and this is a really difficult one. Not sure where all the confidence on this thread is coming from - it’s like domestic match threads where poster after poster predicts 3- or 4-nil.

A draw would be a great result.
Agree 100% . Some people seem to be forgetting we will be going into the game minus 5 or 6 certain starters . No matter how good your squad is no team won’t suffer from this kind of absence .

If they show us too much respect we will dominate and hopefully get a goal or 2...
if they come at us i think we will just absorb and counter with pace... and it could get messy.

Will be interesting to see how the lack of away goals impacts this (and other ties this year). We are usually compact away in Europe but this puts slightly less onus on "sneaking one away from home".
In the olden days when you came back with a 1-0 deficit you were confident you’d turn it round. Won’t be too distressed if that’s the score but obviously want to win. We’ll do them at Ibrox.

You can attack more at home with that sort of score whereas with the away goals 1-0 deficit before home game was tricky.

Is anyone missing for tonight other than Kamara, Roofe, Balogun, Morelos, Hagi (maybe)?

Personally see is killing off the tie tonight, I know people think it will be a tight affair but hit them on the counter early. Then draw them out and pick them off, we have the strength and depth to deal with the suspensions

Personally see is killing off the tie tonight, I know people think it will be a tight affair but hit them on the counter early. Then draw them out and pick them off, we have the strength and depth to deal with the suspensions
I wouldn’t be shocked. We’re a different animal in Europe, especially early in the season when we have seemingly unlimited energy in the legs.

Lundstram really softens the blow of Kamara being out, and I’m not sure Malmö will be prepared for the intensity that we (can) bring.

I can accept not making the CL this season with the addition of that meeting €5m downpayment meaning we’ll get around £20m from the EL, but christ I’d be disappointed if we didn’t beat Malmö.

We should be putting them away comfortably.
They are well into their season and match sharp. This will be a very difficult tie.
As long as we are still in the tie come 8pm, I'll take that.

I think there’s a fine line between being too confident and not being confident enough in this team.

This group of players have been faultless in Europe the last 2/3 years, I think we need to believe in them more on this stage

I know it’s not ideal missing the likes of Roofe, Morelos and Kamara but the boys who come in for them will be more than adequate enough, I fancy us to dispose of Malmö over two legs.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Lundstram
Arfield

Aribo
Sakala
Kent

Cant see it altering much from that - Gerrard says in his presser he expects the high press from them. Going to be a night of the diagonal into Kent I think.

Looking forward to it even with players missing we are still incredibly strong. I think we will score at least once they look ropey at the back and can see it being another European night to remember.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Lundstram
Arfield

Aribo
Sakala
Kent

Cant see it altering much from that - Gerrard says in his presser he expects the high press from them. Going to be a night of the diagonal into Kent I think.

can see that but perhaps with Itten starting and Sakala to come on and stretch them

Interesting to see what front 3 we go with. I would have thought Sakala was brought in for this sort of game. Our front 3 of Kent , Sakala and Wright looked excellent against Real.

Then again Itten has been in good form and Malmö are apparently weak defending set pieces

I think we are at a level above Malmo, but we need to turn up because they will give us a game.

Colac will be their biggest threat up top, but their wingers chip in with a fair amount of goals and assists.

Main creative outlets down their right hand side. Bergat will be a guy to watch out for in the build-up, seems to float about and find space for assists and the right-back Larsson seems to get a few assists, too.

However, Birmancevic, will be the guy we need to clamp down. Likes to get on the ball from the left hand side and drive the team forward in a similar way Kent does for us. He's also in very good form recently.

I assume they're going to put Innocent in the middle to kick the crap out of us and disrupt partnered with Rakip, with Christiansen in a more advanced role, flanked on the left by Birmancevic on the left and Bergat on the right with Colac up top.

Hard to predict, though because they have a fair amount of strength in depth.

I think their defence is suspect, but the lad Ahmedhozic is a very good defender and destined for far bigger things than Malmo.

Wee tad edgy about the fact they are 10 games or so into their season already but I'm confident we can beat them so 3-1 to the Famous

Really hard tonight, if we can pull off a draw and get Alfie back for next week at Ibrox it would be a huge result.

this team tonight will be faster, fitter and stronger. A potential exists for them to over run us. Suspect this will look a lot like the Prague game a few months back.

the key is not losing by more than 1 goal if it goes against us, we do not want to be chasing a 2 goal deficit. We could still overcome it but a draw would be a brilliant result with the players missing tonight And us not being up to speed.

Interesting to see what front 3 we go with. I would have thought Sakala was brought in for this sort of game. Our front 3 of Kent , Sakala and Wright looked excellent against Real.

Then again Itten has been in good form and Malmö are apparently weak defending set pieces

I don’t think Sakala is a player who will lead the line. I would go with Itten tonight.

We all know nothing is ever certain but even with a chunk of the first 11 missing this team, on paper at least, is still way too strong for Malmo. I will trust in Gerrard to manage us through it.

This is his 12th Euro qualification tie with the previous 11 all won. Some of them against comfortably stronger opposition than this. And when we didn't have such a strong squad.

The defence is strong and we have an incredible range of firepower available from all areas. Gerrard knows how to use it.

A bit nervous about tonight until I stuck Glorious 55th on and cracked a beer open. B-D

OOhh there it is, now we're gonna go for the Champions League!

A draw would be one our best European results ever given how decimated our starting 11 is . Injuries happen but the band on Roofe and Kamara are a disgrace .
McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Bassey

Lundstrum Davis Aribo/hagi

Kent Itten Sakala

I think we should do them

Be interesting to see the team. Normal back 5 and Davis, Lundstram and Kent are all certain starters, as is Aribo, just depends on where he plays. Then two more spots to be filled by either Sakala, Itten, Wright or Arfield.

1-0 to the good guys I think.
Is Borna fit mate

A draw would be one our best European results ever given how decimated our starting 11 is . Injuries happen but the band on Roofe and Kamara are a disgrace .
Its hardly decimated yeah Kamara is a big miss and Roofe wasn't a starter in Europe but there's still more than enough for us to get a result tonight. Got a feeling people are bumming up Malmo to be better than what they actually are but guess we will find out later.

Back