Pathetic Quality From Castore

I thought the whole problem with Castore came down to them being used to producing high end gear for a premium price and getting caught out going into cheaper manufacturing for the higher volume football gear. However, these links with SD are worrying, and I’m starting to wonder if Castore’s football stock is being subcontracted to SD for them to produce with the Castore label. It would explain a lot, especially why Ashley gave up so easily.

I need a Rangers calendar for my office wall. Missed not having one this year.
Those and the stuff mentioned above are staple items that should be readily available.

Edit - I should say that's probably not on Castore, but the club's commercial department.

In our 150th Season, it’s a damn disgrace that there isn’t one non clothing item on the web-store for sale. Castore simply cannot be trusted to get this side of our merchandise operation right and they’ve had long enough to do it. What makes it even more scandalous is Castore who are also responsible for every single aspect of Newcastle United’s merchandise operation (as they do with Rangers) have a souvenirs/accessories section on their web-store. I wonder if their new best pal Mike Ashley gave them some excess stock to shift?

There is simply no excuse for Castore not to have similar for us. There should be 150 years mugs, pens, glasses, books etc on sale this season as well as other general items with our badge on it. I understand there’s some things in the stadium store but what about our many fans out with Glasgow and world wide?

The club should be going all out to get this done independently and a full extensive range out for the run up to Christmas which will be here before you know it.

Castore will only let us down.
It is slightly odd but I think its down to shirts being by far the no.1 seller and also having by far the biggest mark-up, Castore must be printing money from the Rangers deal.

The lack of 150th Anniversary memorabilia is disappointing though, especially with nothing actually referencing the history, aside from the badge.

Remember the 1999 Ryder Cup when the US Team had that uniform with all the previous teams on it? Something like that wouldve been tip-top, even just as a Polo or similar.

In our 150th Season, it’s a damn disgrace that there isn’t one non clothing item on the web-store for sale. Castore simply cannot be trusted to get this side of our merchandise operation right and they’ve had long enough to do it. What makes it even more scandalous is Castore who are also responsible for every single aspect of Newcastle United’s merchandise operation (as they do with Rangers) have a souvenirs/accessories section on their web-store. I wonder if their new best pal Mike Ashley gave them some excess stock to shift?

There is simply no excuse for Castore not to have similar for us. There should be 150 years mugs, pens, glasses, books etc on sale this season as well as other general items with our badge on it. I understand there’s some things in the stadium store but what about our many fans out with Glasgow and world wide?

The club should be going all out to get this done independently and a full extensive range out for the run up to Christmas which will be here before you know it.

Castore will only let us down.
Castore are a kit manufacturer, they don’t make stuff like this, none of them do.

This should be aimed at Rangers and this post coupled with the ‘Castore next to SD’ one from you is very telling.

You clearly don’t like them which is fine (I don’t either) but it gets to a point where you’re just trying to start a pile on.

I thought the whole problem with Castore came down to them being used to producing high end gear for a premium price and getting caught out going into cheaper manufacturing for the higher volume football gear. However, these links with SD are worrying, and I’m starting to wonder if Castore’s football stock is being subcontracted to SD for them to produce with the Castore label. It would explain a lot, especially why Ashley gave up so easily.
That would make a lot of sense

Bought the baby strip and the travel polo last week together, now had a notification to say the travel top has been dispatched, but nothing about the baby strip.

Why do I feel like this is gonna be another castore disaster.

and while I'm on it, when I'm paying a fiver for delivery, I don't expect it should take longer than a week for items to be dispatched.

Decided to give them another go

Bought the wean a new black away top

Sakala 30 on the back

He's had it on twice for two hours just in the house

Its not been washed yet as we were told to leave it 4 days

And........

The number 30 is starting to peel off

I will never buy another Castore item again - get them to f*ck Rangers

Thats 2 years in a row I've had shoddy goods from them

Tom and Phil Bellend and C*ntstore can f*ck right off

Dodgy Scouse scally b*stards
They’re not scouse, they’re from the Wirral. They’re also headquartered in Manchester. Also, the numbers are SPFL standard issue, right?

Castore are a kit manufacturer, they don’t make stuff like this, none of them do.

This should be aimed at Rangers and this post coupled with the ‘Castore next to SD’ one from you is very telling.

You clearly don’t like them which is fine (I don’t either) but it gets to a point where you’re just trying to start a pile on.

Castore are responsible for every single piece of merchandise Rangers sell, even non clothing items. They are responsible for the full retail operation for Rangers.

I’m not interested in your opinion whatsoever to be honest.

It’s not a pile on, it’s facts.

Ordered lilac top for myself and lilac infant kit for my wee boy. Ordered on Thursday and has arrived today. Quite surprised at the speed of delivery. Hasn’t been worn yet but looks decent quality.

I've received my lilac top (it's actually really nice) and baby lilac top but didn't get a despatch email for them, I haven't received my white polo shirt that I did receive a despatch email for.

Problem with football clubs in general is they wish to maximise profits. This is no bad thing but in football it is done knowing that fans will buy no matter the quality of the goods. At my age I dont buy any Rangers stuff now ( my scarf is 60 years old) but if the quality is as bad as it would appear I would not buy it anyway.
I do give to Rangers in hospitality which I am happy with the match day food and drink and an excellent seat. Probably too expensive but at least there is quality ...hoping for a good display on the park though lol..
If Rangers got enough complaints and sales were low there would be a difference but it is unlikely this will happen and at least the club benefits.

Quite like these new shorts.

With pockets as well.

There is no proof what so ever that SD own or even own a single share in Castore. I well recall there was a thread on this when Newcastle announced a deal with them pretty sure a poster checked companies house.
Castore stepped up when few would after the Hummel debacle I’m sure we’ll change again at the end of the contract. Aside from their merchandise being overpriced I‘ve only had a problem with 2 items both exchanged no issue.

Can't say I'm convinced SD have no links to Castore but until there's hard evidence there's no need to get riled.

I really liked the Hummell gear, shame what happened in the end there.

95-CB7-E3-E-85-D5-440-A-8-E83-525-A9-A45-BD22.png

My weee one in the kit

What's with the pricing ?
Wolves and Newcastle shorts £28
Rangers shorts £38.

Wolves match day anthem jacket £65
Newcastle's training anthem jacket £70
Rangers match day anthem jacket £95

Wolves training t-shirt £35
Newcastle training t shirt £45
Rangers training t shirt £48 .

Just a few examples but doesn't sit well seeing our fan base having to pay more!

Rangers shorts £38.

Just a few examples but doesn't sit well seeing our fan base having to pay more!
The club sign off/authorise on pricing

Castore will come to Rangers with a price point proposal and the club will agree or further discuss different options with regard to price structure.

So any descrepencies compared to other clubs merch are due to Rangers sticking with a higher price point for certain products.

They feel that £95 for the anthem jacket is the right price for fans to pay, whereas Newcastle feel it should be lower, hence the differences. Bisgrove trying to get more money out of our fans with regard to % cut from Castore sales.

Rangers shorts £38.

Wolves also do their own training gear and Castore put their badge on it. Castore only make/design the Wolves kits I believe.

I can’t agree with this either to be honest. I think it’s quite clear going by this thread that there’s definitely a problem with the Castore gear. It’s absolutely shite to be honest.
I live down south mate and watching my boy a couple of weeks ago playing football with his mates and him in tears as his top was quite literally falling apart was heartbreaking. I’ve said it on here before. Fck Castore. We’re too big for them.

Last edited:
That's my Grey training top from last year finally fell to bits with all the writing peeled off.

Shocking standard of quality.
Mine too, along with the shorts to go with it, the yellow goalie shorts and my black and gold training zipper thing with the shorts to go with that as well. The guts of £200 and all of it lasted less than a year.

Like most fans I will buy anything Rangers put out and I'll pay what it costs. Surely its not too much to ask for the stuff to last. I've umbro stuff from 10 years ago that's almost perfect despite hundreds of washes. I'm getting the feeling we are getting the piss ripped out of us and I'm certainly going to be far more discerning with my purchases from Castore and Rangers in the future.

Also, as I've said on here before, my brother works in the warehouse in Milton Keynes who handle the deliveries and returns and shirt personalisation. A shambles would be putting it mildly.

Rangers shorts £38.

That's not pricing, that’s gouging. I wonder how our commercial director would explain away that one.

Wolves also do their own training gear and Castore put their badge on it. Castore only make/design the Wolves kits I believe.
They only make the first team kits. Replicas and training stuff are all in house with a Castore badge on them. So in other words, the Wolves fans kits will last longer than the first teams.

Can’t believe people actually still defend this shambles of a company when they have actually said Newcastle is their flagship brand. I bet Newcastle don’t sell even half the merchandise we have for them.

Remember the 1999 Ryder Cup when the US Team had that uniform with all the previous teams on it? Something like that wouldve been tip-top, even just as a Polo or similar.

Wouldn't trust them with that. The 150 years jigsaw had 2 "action" pics on it, the semi final win v Celtic on penalties and the Challenge Cup win. 150 years of history to choose from and they picked those.

Anyone purchased the rain jacket Alfredo was sporting yesterday?

Can’t see it online but reliably informed was available in store.

Can’t believe people actually still defend this shambles of a company when they have actually said Newcastle is their flagship brand. I bet Newcastle don’t sell even half the merchandise we have for them.

Did they honestly say that?

Shocking comment to make after it was us who took a gamble on them and they have the cheek to say Newcastle is their flagship.

The club sign off/authorise on pricing

Castore will come to Rangers with a price point proposal and the club will agree or further discuss different options with regard to price structure.

So any descrepencies compared to other clubs merch are due to Rangers sticking with a higher price point for certain products.

They feel that £95 for the anthem jacket is the right price for fans to pay, whereas Newcastle feel it should be lower, hence the differences. Bisgrove trying to get more money out of our fans with regard to % cut from Castore sales.
In that case that's poor from rangers end, I would be more inclined to buy many rangers products if the prices where closer to the Newcastle or wolves prices .

Won't be buying anything from them.
With transfers falling off if you sneeze and bears being overcharged compared to other castore clubs %^*& them.
They are taking the piss out of us.

Back