Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This is a thread that as I have said before that I don't post much on.
I hope that it is close now to the dam being broken and that the poor guys who have had so much troubled times are now about to get their day in court and justice for all of them.
It’s been a difficult few years. There’s no denying that. We’ve heard stories that will stay with us forever.
As one member of Spotlight said a couple of years ago… It’s like an octopus. All we do is keep chipping away at the tentacles and we’ll eventually get to the head.
Separate entity? No way.

The Scottish media have been shocking in all of this in my opinion,gutless but maybe just pandering to their masters,i do hope that all the victims get the justice they deserve,there were people who had a duty of care and abused that trust with their evil actions against the youngsters. May the perpetrators rot in hell when their time comes.

It’s been a difficult few years. There’s no denying that. We’ve heard stories that will stay with us forever.
As one member of Spotlight said a couple of years ago… It’s like an octopus. All we do is keep chipping away at the tentacles and we’ll eventually get to the head.
Separate entity? No way.
BN94, like the almost majority of decent human beings in this world, we applaud the work, time and effort you’ve all committed to righting these wrongs.

The post I’ve quoted on makes me ask, have you and your team put your own mental health and any required support you all may require, into your thoughts when moving on?

Its not only the traumatic events and tragedies you’ve had to listen to, it’s the usage of your, hopefully, free time when all of this concludes, that needs assessed by you all.

Please, make sure none of you become indirect victims of this courageous and moral conquest you’ve all taken on.

The Scottish media have been shocking in all of this in my opinion,gutless but maybe just pandering to their masters,i do hope that all the victims get the justice they deserve,there were people who had a duty of care and abused that trust with their evil actions against the youngsters. May the perpetrators rot in hell when their time comes.
I hope to God after the criminals and CFC are brought to justice, there will be a long list of journalists, media and the Scottish football governing bodies published and put in to the public domain somehow.

Then maybe, one day, the Police and judiciary.......

Oh and of course Sinn Fein SNP.

The labrinth of deceit and lies of the conduct of many associated with Celtic FC is despicable, generations of young people abused while in the care of this organisation is overwhelming . There should be no place in society for such behaviour, but for decades this shameful scandal has been ignored. They have chosen not to take ownership or responsibility for the victims.
Five decades of debauchery and hundreds of lives changed forever? Footballing authorities have to intervene and serve justice for the survivors . Enough is enough!

Delighted to hear that Torbett was back up in court on Wednesday,Cairney ( as i'm led to believe ) will be facing further prosecution also.

There's not hope in hell that either will be walking away anytime soon.
CELTIC Boys Club founder James Torbett has appeared in court over historic sex abuse claims.

He faces two charges of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour, and two of indecent assault.

Torbett, 74, of Dumfries, was in the dock at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Wednesday.
He made no plea and the case was committed for further examination while he was remanded.
A source said: “He is due to appear again in the next couple of days.”
We previously told how Torbett was arrested and charged after being interviewed by police in May.
Cops said he was charged over “alleged non-recent sexual offences”.
It’s understood the accusations date back almost 50 years.

Justice is slow but nonetheless relentless Spotlight has done spectacularly well in dealing with this sordid issue they had a mountain to climb in the shape of SNP, SFA , media and police reluctance not to mention the 'people' involved in an off the scale cover up. It must have been daunting but you have prevailed, I just hope that the victims will get some closure seeing those roaches getting prosecuted. As always well done doing what the shameless authorities and media should have done decade's ago.

Demotion to bottom league (pardon pun) will do for starters.....everything else on top will be bonus time.
Once these horrific crimes along with the executive level coverups and obfuscation of the justice system for decades, can finally be laid out and properly quantified deserve a far bigger sanction than demotion.

Expulsion from the Scottish professional football leagues is a MUST.

If this orchestrated paedophile ring doesn’t bring the Scottish game into disrepute I don’t know what does,

Justice is slow but nonetheless relentless Spotlight has done spectacularly well in dealing with this sordid issue they had a mountain to climb in the shape of SNP, SFA , media and police reluctance not to mention the 'people' involved in an off the scale cover up. It must have been daunting but you have prevailed, I just hope that the victims will get some closure seeing those roaches getting prosecuted. As always well done doing what the shameless authorities and media should have done decade's ago.
There’s definitely more to come. This is nowhere near finished.

I have it on very good authority that there have been around 200 claims lodged in the UK seeking compensation of up to £400k each and a handful of claims lodged in the US seeking compensation of unspecified amounts. All against Celtic FC.
I hope the UK (Scottish claims) get a full pay out and that they despicable bassas don't get to wiggle off the hook only to pay a fraction of the compensation due.

The US claims will be interesting as you'd typically see huge payouts that side of the pond.

Demotion to bottom league (pardon pun) will do for starters.....everything else on top will be bonus time.
I think they will face hefty financial penalties but I don't expect any football sanctions unfortunately from our football governing bodies.

Main thing though is the victims.
I know money won't ease their pain but hopefully some criminal justice gives them a little peace.

There are some in the Scottish media that we work with and I can definitely tell you that interest is growing.
The reason we’re not hearing much from the media, and also Adrian Goldberg is because of an upcoming trial.
What I will say is once this trial has taken place then watch this space. The majority of what you see in the media is Spotlight’s research.
I do agree that there are many apologists within the Scottish media and we’ve personally seen there deflecting tactics along with certain apologists within the SNP.

There are some in the Scottish media that we work with and I can definitely tell you that interest is growing.
The reason we’re not hearing much from the media, and also Adrian Goldberg is because of an upcoming trial.
What I will say is once this trial has taken place then watch this space. The majority of what you see in the media is Spotlight’s research.
I do agree that there are many apologists within the Scottish media and we’ve personally seen there deflecting tactics along with certain apologists within the SNP.
That last paragraph alone is frightening.

I understand what you are saying bud,and any decent people would like to see justice for the young boys for what they have been through,hopefully they will get their justice soon.

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand why the media highlighting CFC having covered-up for paedophiles to protect its standing and reputation is hindered by the paedophiles going through its 3 or 4th trial. Obviously keeping the animal in jail is priority but until the cloak of secret is removed that the media are continuing to allow happen then we will never get to the truth. In cases like this they normally welcome the publicity because it can bring out more details with possibly more victims and more animals.

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand why the media highlighting CFC having covered-up for paedophiles to protect its standing and reputation is hindered by the paedophiles going through its 3 or 4th trial. Obviously keeping the animal in jail is priority but until the cloak of secret is removed that the media are continuing to allow happen then we will never get to the truth. In cases like this they normally welcome the publicity because it can bring out more details with possibly more victims and more animals.
The problem this country has in respect of what you think, is that they will “accidentally or mistakenly” mention aspects of the allegations or other factors that a half decent QC will argue is prejudicial. The burden of proof in criminal trials is above 90% towards guilt. Anything that hints at external influence of jury decision will be an open goal for a QC. Tragically for the victim, they then need to almost go it alone.

In the civil cases, the burden of proof is a lot less in that it’s balance of probability, 51% that it happened, by that stage, common knowledge of the situation and circumstances known by others, isn’t as essential to secure a victory. That’s when the publicity is potentially more beneficial.

What’s coming is new cases against another known perpetrator. The defence lawyers will be looking for anything that can get their client off on a technicality. For example mentioning previous convictions in the tabloids then the defence could say their client isn’t receiving a fair trial due to recent media coverage. This is why on this certain perpetrator you will see nothing in the press until the trial begins.
We can tell you what we’re sitting with will come out when the trial is over. We can also tell you what we have is also with trusted media contacts. There will be nothing in the press until this beast appears and hopefully justice served.

The problem this country has in respect of what you think, is that they will “accidentally or mistakenly” mention aspects of the allegations or other factors that a half decent QC will argue is prejudicial. The burden of proof in criminal trials is above 90% towards guilt. Anything that hints at external influence of jury decision will be an open goal for a QC. Tragically for the victim, they then need to almost go it alone.

In the civil cases, the burden of proof is a lot less in that it’s balance of probability, 51% that it happened, by that stage, common knowledge of the situation and circumstances known by others, isn’t as essential to secure a victory. That’s when the publicity is potentially more beneficial.
What’s coming is new cases against another known perpetrator. The defence lawyers will be looking for anything that can get their client off on a technicality. For example mentioning previous convictions in the tabloids then the defence could say their client isn’t receiving a fair trial due to recent media coverage. This is why on this certain perpetrator you will see nothing in the press until the trial begins.
We can tell you what we’re sitting with will come out when the trial is over. We can also tell you what we have is also with trusted media contacts. There will be nothing in the press until this beast appears and hopefully justice served.
Thanks, yes that explains it.

I’ve been keeping up to date on this thread for a while now and I am like a lot of others who are mystified as to why the media and authorities are still adopting a softly softly approach to this,The evidence of the clubs involvement with the bhoys club is overwhelming but still they are being allowed to distance themselves from these crimes,
The recent Torbett court case might just open the door to the bigger picture.

Above all else are the victims and survivors of this horrible evil peadophile ring. None of us will ever truly understand the pain and suffering and life of mental torture these poor souls have endured.

This is not about point scoring and one-upmanship against Celric or their supporters. This is about those poor boys, now men, who where destroyed by these monsters recieving some sort of justice that has taken far far too long to be served.

This could have been stopped at the very start if the people who didn't decide to look the other way had any morals and stopped it there and then. The fact it was allowed to continue all the while in the knowledge of many other prominent figures around the club is what makes this different from the many other organisations who had these monsters operate within.

Most clubs would have nipped this in the bud from the first sign of wrongdoing. We know now that this went on for upto 4 decades and was knowingly aloud to happen just so the name of that club was not damaged.

Now after every single victim has been shown the respect and dignity by seeing these monsters brought to justice the name of that football club should be destroyed for good.

This may well be the worst scandal in football ever, and we may never fully realise just how bad it actually was.

I’ve been keeping up to date on this thread for a while now and I am like a lot of others who are mystified as to why the media and authorities are still adopting a softly softly approach to this,The evidence of the clubs involvement with the bhoys club is overwhelming but still they are being allowed to distance themselves from these crimes,
The recent Torbett court case might just open the door to the bigger picture.

We do already have a successful civil case BH, so we expect positive results of course.

Check out Kim Leslie of Digby Brown if interested.

Above all else are the victims and survivors of this horrible evil peadophile ring. None of us will ever truly understand the pain and suffering and life of mental torture these poor souls have endured.

This is not about point scoring and one-upmanship against Celric or their supporters. This is about those poor boys, now men, who where destroyed by these monsters recieving some sort of justice that has taken far far too long to be served.

This could have been stopped at the very start if the people who didn't decide to look the other way had any morals and stopped it there and then. The fact it was allowed to continue all the while in the knowledge of many other prominent figures around the club is what makes this different from the many other organisations who had these monsters operate within.

Most clubs would have nipped this in the bud from the first sign of wrongdoing. We know now that this went on for upto 4 decades and was knowingly aloud to happen just so the name of that club was not damaged.

Now after every single victim has been shown the respect and dignity by seeing these monsters brought to justice the name of that football club should be destroyed for good.

This may well be the worst scandal in football ever, and we may never fully realise just how bad it actually was.

Well said Gallant Few.

The victims will also be first, and we know of an inordinate number of ex Celtic boys who died way before their time, many by suicide.

It’s not primarily about Celtic, but what is clear is that Celtic & many of their EMPLOYEES have blood on their hands with respect to these people’s deaths. The evidence is there.

What was the info about Marcello, I cannot actually stand that poisonous piece of shit.

Should be nowhere near mainstream media with his views

Sorry IL, we were sworn to secrecy by a FF poster who is very close to a victim.

Let’s just say he used the boy to attack Rangers & was naughty with the boys evidence to him to create an anti Rangers message.

Back