Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing window overall imo.
We won the league and haven't strengthened our first 11.
Davis is a top top player but at his age he shouldn't be required to play so many games.
For me that was a priority position, since Gerrard has been at rangers we have spent very very little on the position he was a master at himself.
Let's see what happens... He has added in another 2 midfielders and has Jack to come back. We also have young Kelly to develop in there as well. We will only know at the end of the season if this was a poor window or not.

Don't see anyone being any better than what we had back then. Hagi, Balogen and Bassey is about it.
Some of our current players are better players and have improved. We really don't know how good or bad our new signings will be, and we have a very settled squad. We won our last game, and did so when we had a young gk playing his OF debut; and since two seasons ago we are now champions.

Did we not have one where all we signed was Jerome Rothen under Walter?

Yep, and we had two or three transfer windows round about that time where it was outgoings only.

Edu was the last signing in the summer 2008 transfer window, then Rothen on the summer deadline day in 2009, and that was it until James Beattie in 2010.

Disappointing window overall imo.
We won the league and haven't strengthened our first 11.
Davis is a top top player but at his age he shouldn't be required to play so many games.
For me that was a priority position, since Gerrard has been at rangers we have spent very very little on the position he was a master at himself.

We signed Bacuna and Lundstram...both central midfielders.

Was going to go to bed but if Keith Jackson said we're done for the night I'm staying up.

Guy knows nothing about what's going on inside Ibrox.

Disappointing how? We've added a few players meanwhile our closest rivals have massively downgraded theirs...
The money our fans put into the club. We back the club financially in every way possible. A transfer window where our net spend is probably very close to £0 simply doesn’t cut it for me and I feel that we deserve better.

30a.jpeg

Kept all of our top players. Brought in Lundstram and Sakala for free, when under contract they'd have cost around £12-15m.

Mind boggling that anyone thinks this has been a bad window. Underwhelming perhaps compared to the last few summer's. But it's actually been overly positive.

Here is a question would you be happier if your team signed players early and got a pre season in them or would you be happier bringing in players on the last day of the window?

Rangers are a wee bit damned if they do damned if the don’t by our support who as always see things from very differing perspectives at times.

personally I’m fairly happy with our squad, we have brought in some exciting B Squad guys to develop, we have kept our stars and added to it. Ofabohr has been unlucky and when fit I’m sure will be an asset. Lundstram is settling in and again maybe once his preconceived ideas about the SPFL being easy he will settle into his normal game, Sakala has to develop and Baccuna I know nothing much about other than YouTube clips but he looked good.

all that and we haven’t paid outrageous fees.

I think our main rivals have been an absolute clusterfuck scrabbling about for players in the last week or so many being players we haven’t really heard much about. Aye they might be a little better than they were looking but the bar was that low.

pretty positive on our prospects for the year, one in which if we win the league we are guaranteed a CL spot in the group stages and the riches involved. We are a settled team.

I’m sure as soon as the pressure is on with that mob from the east they will implode, Postecoglu doesn’t strike me as a guy who can cope with criticism or scrutiny

My final contribution on this thread is that I am fairly underwhelmed with our incoming players given the manager said a while ago it would be an exciting summer

Not convinced it’s lived up to his expectations either although I suspect he’ll be asked this question at some point in a week or 2
We have a very jaded looking squad and the concern is this is one season too far for some of them and we could run out of steam fairly quickly this season.

If Morelos is out for any prolonged period of time then we’re in trouble because Roofe will pick up injuries throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back