Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were offered this window at the start of June we’d all have bitten the hand off

Kept every big star and added a few better quality squad players to replace some squad players leaving

We’re now being greedy, considering we never made the UCL, this is a good window
I think you are right. I fear for our striking options though

Kept all of our top players. Brought in Lundstram and Sakala for free, when under contract they'd have cost around £12-15m.

Mind boggling that anyone thinks this has been a bad window. Underwhelming perhaps compared to the last few summer's. But it's actually been overly positive.
Sorry, I'm just not having it that Lundstram is worth £XX million. He let his contract run down, Sheffield Utd tried to punt him and there were was no interest. Sheffield Utd then offered him a contract which he rejected in the hope of getting a big deal as a free agent.

If he was worth decent money, one of the supposed many EPL teams that were interested in him would have signed him on a pre-contract nevermind paid relative pocket money on him. West Ham had a turnover of something like £140M last year, Everton was £185M. There is no way that if he was worth anything like the figures banded on here that none of these teams would have taken a punt on him. Fact of the matter is though that nobody valued him, hence why he never received an offer higher than what we gave him.

Make of that what you will.

So over the course of the season...

You dont think Sakala will offer more than Greg Stewart?

You dont think Lundstrum will offer more than Zungu?

Basing that opinion on very little football is absolutely mental.
Sakala will be on far more than Greg Stewart was in wages! Lundstram just looks awful for the wages we will be paying him, sheff united detest him saying he’s dross

Player trading and good European runs.

We can’t expect directors to cover it for ever.

It surely can only be player trading then unless we fall into the trap of budgeting for Champions League again?

In the last year the amount that supporters have put into the club has been unreal, I understand Covid has played its part but surely they can’t expect fans to back them at the same level each season if there isn’t anything coming investment wise? We got to the furthest stage we’ve been in Europe since Manchester I believe.

If it’s a case of selling then questions need to be asked why we can’t move on players for a profit. This is a side that have went to last 16 in a European competition and beaten their main rivals by 20+ points to the title. Why can’t we achieve value for these players? If anything it was the perfect time to cash in on someone to reinvest into the squad, we haven’t done that and I’d be concerned we fall into the trap of the board across the city celebrating we didn’t sell any of our players.

Sorry, I'm just not having it that Lundstram is worth £XX million. He let his contract run down, Sheffield Utd tried to punt him and there were was no interest. Sheffield Utd then offered him a contract which he rejected in the hope of getting a big deal as a free agent.

If he was worth decent money, one of the supposed many EPL teams that were interested in him would have signed him on a pre-contract nevermind paid relative pocket money on him. West Ham had a turnover of something like £140M last year, Everton was £185M. There is no way that if he was worth anything like the figures banded on here that none of these teams would have taken a punt on him. Fact of the matter is though that nobody valued him, hence why he never received an offer higher than what we gave him.

He did have offers in England

Josh Maja's deal to Nottingham Forest has fallen through. Fee of around £4.5m. If the Nisbet fee fails (if it's even happening), bit of a curveball? Think we've been interested before.
I know he has a big fan club, but I’m not sure I’d be paying that for a guy who has had one good season in League 1.

Horrible move for McCann really.

St Johnstone are going to really struggle now it would seem, losing their 2 best players on deadline day.

I don't know what the point is in belittling Rangers players?

When does the "model" kick in??

There has to come a point that we have to cash in on one of our valuable assets. We've been talking about this "model" for a good few years now. Still not happening.

Holding on to them at the end of every window is all fair and well, but it means we are not able to go out and spend.

We need to be more liquid with our transfer budget and also help with our finances /costs.

We have to accept that we need to sell player and actually take the big profit we are always on about - before it's too late for some.

I know he has a big fan club, but I’m not sure I’d be paying that for a guy who has had one good season in League 1.

I'd generally agree mate, just interesting seeing he apparently failed a medical at Nottingham Forest but someone saying he has another club lined up. Would be a nod back to a time in history where we seemed to sign a fair few crocks going by the failed medical.

Just bored and waiting on this window closing tbh.

At what level in England? Are we paying him more than EPL teams offered him?

That I have no idea but I know he has at least one offer from England. Gerrard was a huge factor in him coming to Scotland. Infact it was probs the only factor.

Under Gerrard a lot of our players gave taken time to improve. But all have shown improvement. I’m looking at Barisic, Goldson, Tav, Kamara, Jack, Kent, Aribo and Morelos. And I’m sure we’ll see Hagi push on too.

You can’t judge Lundstram or any player after a few weeks. Otherwise half the players above would have been booted out.

When does the "model" kick in??

There has to come a point that we have to cash in on one of our valuable assets. We've been talking about this "model" for a good few years now. Still not happening.

Holding on to them at the end of every window is all fair and well, but it means we are not able to go out and spend.

We need to be more liquid with our transfer budget and also help with our finances /costs.

We have to accept that we need to sell player and actually take the big profit we are always on about - before it's too late for some.
When we get an acceptable offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back