Heart on Hand Statement on Forthcoming Daily Record Story About Offensive Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish somebody would ask him why he has a job in football when it's quite obvious he knows nothing about the sport?

him, Keevins and Keech have been in sport journalism for years and all of them are terrible at their jobs. The thing they all have in common: they dislike Rangers so it's jobs for all

I'm not trying to get people to tweet him or anything but this is the typical crap we get from people who don't see this every day in the Scottish media. That article was made to do one thing: damage H&H's relationship with Rangers, they wanted those guys to lose their benefits with Rangers and their jobs which for some unfortunately has happened as they had to step down. Also, he obviously doesn't look at his own department which is diseased with Celtic fans trying to get Rangers done for things all the time, including a "West Ham fan" on commentary who makes the channel sound like scum TV
Andrew Dickson is an absolute clown and always seems to go missing in times like this, all because he works in the industry

Where was his comments when it was H&H being hounded? Only appears when it’s the Daily Record employees being outed and he sees his old journalistic peers on the backfoot

See instead of playing the “saddened Rangers fan” angle, he should’ve kept his mouth quiet and held counsel if he’s unwilling to call out the hypocrisy. Yet, that said, you’ll still get rangers fans with a straw up his bum because he once worked for us

“No one likes us we don’t care” but we do care and we are offended by everything it seems now just like that lot are sadly , bad bad days.
I'm bored by your illogical ramblings. Your determined efforts to condemn bears for having the temerity to fight fire with fire might have some substance were you to offer a productive alternative. You have spectacularly failed to do so. You are simply defending a status quo in which Rangers and Ranger's fans are demonised to the point of losing their livelihoods whilst our enemies have carte blanche to make bigoted and stereotyped attacks against Rangers fans as a collective whole.

Give it a rest before you invite the inevitable scrutiny of your motives.

I wish somebody would ask him why he has a job in football when it's quite obvious he knows nothing about the sport?

him, Keevins and Keech have been in sport journalism for years and all of them are terrible at their jobs. The thing they all have in common: they dislike Rangers so it's jobs for all

I'm not trying to get people to tweet him or anything but this is the typical crap we get from people who don't see this every day in the Scottish media. That article was made to do one thing: damage H&H's relationship with Rangers, they wanted those guys to lose their benefits with Rangers and their jobs which for some unfortunately has happened as they had to step down. Also, he obviously doesn't look at his own department which is diseased with Celtic fans trying to get Rangers done for things all the time, including a "West Ham fan" on commentary who makes the channel sound like scum TV
He should have put that response out yesterday but probably didn’t because it was only 2 Rangers fans whose lives were being ruined. %^*& the lot of them. They all thought they were untouchable because our Club has no balls but they didn’t factor in the strength of our collected support fan base.

He should have put that response out yesterday but probably didn’t because it was only 2 Rangers fans whose lives were being ruined. %^*& the lot of them. They all thought they were untouchable because our Club has no balls but they didn’t factor in the strength of our collected support fan base.
Exactly, only appears when his pals on the industry see their employment on a knife edge

Don’t kid yourself on, he doesn’t care about the Rangers fans or trying to get some form of truce - had the fight back not happened, the clown would’ve remained silent in the background and not supported the H&H guys

He’s an enabler and people like him are part of the problem

Nearly missed one of Natasha’s side hustles there:

SW/S Trustees – Scottish Women in Sport

www.scottishwomeninsport.co.uk

Direct lift from their mission statement:

Our mission​

Through the power of sport, SW/S will work to impact on the culture of sport in Scotland to ensure that equality and parity are reached in every aspect of sport and that all women and girls have equal opportunity to participate, officiate, coach and lead.

Judy Murray, Katherine Grainer and Elaine C Smith alongside a host of others, joined Maureen McGonigle and host Alison Walker for the press conference to announce the creation of the charity, Scottish Women in Sport, held at The Emirates Arena in Glasgow.

Launched in November 2013, the charity was founded and is led by Maureen McGonigle who has over twenty five years’ experience in sports administration. She was spurred on by a report from the Commission on the Future of Women’s Sport showed that between January 2010 and August 2011:-

Contact SW/S – Scottish Women in Sport

Twitter handles of all the advertisers in today's DR.

@ImagineCruising @SportsDirectUK @TartanTravelUK @HealthLottery @TNLUK @AsdaServiceTeam @Asda @LidlGB @forduk @AldiUK @mackayhome @paddypower @OK_Magazine @CaledonianTrav @GlentonHolidays @galaxyholidays @Infinitycruises @InStyle @Betfair @TrussellTrust @breaks2go

google@imaginecruising.co.uk

hello@tartantravel.com (01412971777)

info@healthlottery.co.uk

complaints@national-lottery.co.uk

Lidl (08009777766)

UKCRC1@ford.com (02035644444)

Aldi (08000420800)

sales@richardfmackay.co.uk (01313133300)

OK! express.web.help@reachplc.com

Caledonian Travel (03448153001)

enquiries@glentonholidays.com (08000242424)

customersupport@infinitycruises.co.uk (020 81257263)

letters@instylemag.com

enquiries@trusselltrust.org

info@breaks2go.co.uk (01413327078)

Most of the above advertisers listed respectively for tomorrow morning.

Think it’s only fair these companies are made aware of the bigots and racists they’re associated with.

Together, we can hit them where it hurts.

I fully agree with the H&H guys and they are spot on calling out the double standards. However given the media the snp etc are all against everything Rangers what will happen to those outed by the various social media items highlighted? I’m not being negative but I don’t see much if anything happening aside from a galvanised Rangers support. I don’t see the bbc or the record sacking anyone and I don’t see Poileas Scotland doing anything either.
Is that too negative or too real?

I think people are more having an issue with the hypocrisy.

One of the H&H lads has been outed for using offensive language yet Jane Godley has tweeted the exact same word and is now the front of the Scottish Government's new covid message. People have to ask how that is fair.
That's exactly what it is. I hate all this as much as the next person, but if the likes of godley gets a free pass, which in my mind is due to her politics, then why should others suffer for the same or similar language.

Its either all in or all out, it's not something that people can pick and choose because it suits their agenda.

I fully agree with the H&H guys and they are spot on calling out the double standards. However given the media the snp etc are all against everything Rangers what will happen to those outed by the various social media items highlighted? I’m not being negative but I don’t see much if anything happening aside from a galvanised Rangers support. I don’t see the bbc or the record sacking anyone and I don’t see Poileas Scotland doing anything either.
Sure all these complaints raised to the Police are not in their best interests not to take further, how would they have grounds to take any similiar complaints further.

I don't know if any of them will lose their jobs over this, but that is certainly what they intend for others when they misuse and abuse their privileged platforms in the public press.

There is much going on in the world and there is much that should engage a committed journalist of integrity in Scotland.

There is a failing and corrupt political regime in Holyrood destroying the country that needs to be held to account, there is a paedophile ring the enormity of their exploits being uncovered weekly against a backdrop of quite staggering cover-ups.
There are huge events abroad not least in the US and Afghanistan, without even mentioning Covid 19 which stalks the entire planet.
Yet the Daily Record has chosen to devote its front pages to ten-year-old tweets!

These people don't deserve their jobs.
They are a plague on civility.
So damn them to hell, they deserve not a twitch of concern.
Well said my friend

google@imaginecruising.co.uk

hello@tartantravel.com (01412971777)

info@healthlottery.co.uk

complaints@national-lottery.co.uk

Lidl (08009777766)

UKCRC1@ford.com (02035644444)

Aldi (08000420800)

sales@richardfmackay.co.uk (01313133300)

OK! express.web.help@reachplc.com

Caledonian Travel (03448153001)

enquiries@glentonholidays.com (08000242424)

customersupport@infinitycruises.co.uk (020 81257263)

letters@instylemag.com

enquiries@trusselltrust.org

info@breaks2go.co.uk (01413327078)

Most of the above advertisers listed respectively for tomorrow morning.

Think it’s only fair these companies are made aware of the bigots and racists they’re associated with.

Together, we can hit them where it hurts.
Outstanding eighteenseventytwo :)

Oh no. That's a shame. Seemed a really good idea to call out the haters and hypocrites.
Back to the drawing board then.
Maybe they'll get fed up and stop.

This clown is backtracking here and is struggling to defend his earlier stance on the matter.

So journalists who show contrition should be given a second chance but that goodwill doesn’t extend to fan-media who should be punished and held to higher moral standards?
Can someone please ask him this?;

In light of that last tweet, and given that Cammy and Hoggy have both publicly apologised with absolutely no defence given or excuse made, will you prove it by supporting their reinstatement to H & H?

Oh no. That's a shame. Seemed a really good idea to call out the haters and hypocrites.
Mate that’s not remotely what I posted so maybe wise up? My point is I agree 100% with David Edgar and H&H but I’m struggling to see what will happen. The snp the police the MSM will close ranks as they are involved. Who will actually report this stuff? That is a genuine question! I’m not saying do nothing I’m saying what are the expectations and I’m saying I’m struggling to see anything in our favour.

Mate that’s not remotely what I posted so maybe wise up? My point is I agree 100% with David Edgar and H&H but I’m struggling to see what will happen. The snp the police the MSM will close ranks as they are involved. Who will actually report this stuff? That is a genuine question! I’m not saying do nothing I’m saying what are the expectations and I’m saying I’m struggling to see anything in our favour.
As you mention a couple of times, you're struggling.

As you mention a couple of times, you're struggling.
In what way mate? Anyway enlighten me what do you think will happen with all this evidence? That’s not what you (or me) would like to see happen. I sadly think absolutely nothing because we live under the control of a totalitarian regime who control both the media and the police. However you clearly see it differently so please advise.

Then we do what we did in 2011. We march. In our tens of thousands. We stand outside the DR offices and demand the bigots are ousted.

In what way mate? Anyway enlighten me what do you think will happen with all this evidence? That’s not what you (or me) would like to see happen. I sadly think absolutely nothing because we live under the control of a totalitarian regime who control both the media and the police. However you clearly see it differently so please advise.
The world doesn't end at Gretna Green mate. The hypocrisy of the MSM of Scotland won't go unnoticed elsewhere. Who knows maybe Unionists outwith Scotland will become aware? Politics and publicity don't need passports even if Nippy might think they should.

No one deserves to loose their job over a tweet mate
Go tell the people who were sticking people in. They shouldn't be in a position of power. No one has the right of reply. The media has made all Ranger's fan's feel like bigots and racists. These people put it out there against us. They are bigots why shouldn't they be exposed

Go tell the people who were sticking people in. They shouldn't be in a position of power. No one has the right of reply. The media has made all Ranger's fan's feel like bigots and racists. These people put it out there against us. They are bigots why shouldn't they be exposed
They have never made me feel any of those things. That shower of literary and educational pygmies can't tell me or any of us what we are or how to feel.

What exactly do you think is going to happen??

What do you think is going to change??

Who is wanting to listen??

Are the 'politicians', commentators and mhedia suddenly going to stop their attacks on us and just back off ?? Really??!

The world doesn't end at Gretna Green mate. The hypocrisy of the MSM of Scotland won't go unnoticed elsewhere. Who knows maybe Unionists outwith Scotland will become aware? Politics and publicity don't need passports even if Nippy might think they should.
Maybe but I doubt any media in England will be remotely interested as it stands many of them actually rate wee nippy but then they don’t live here do they?

Living in England as I do, there is no interest in this kind of thing down here mate. It's exclusively a problem in Scotland and one that will remain there.

Do the people that want Natasha Meikle to never work again also want Cammy and Hoggy to be unemployed forever? It is all very unedifying.

No one outside of Scotland gives a %^*& about any of this, why would they?

Unless I’ve missed a crucial part of the story, Natasha Meikle had nothing to do with the DR story. She seems to be the biggest victim of it so far however.
lets be very clear; She posted bigoted and sectarian remarks on her twitter feed, all by herself. Nobody made her, nobody sat and forced her to do it. If you did it, or I did it we would get the same treatment. There comes a point when people have to just say that enough is enough and for any right thinking Rangers fan, that threshold has well and truly been smashed through recently.

Does she deserve another chance? That depends entirely on one person; herself. Hoggy and Cammy both put out apologies that did not try to make excuses or avoid the issue. If she followed suit, she should be allowed to get on with her life, hopefully a little wiser. Cammy and Hoggy should absolutely be afforded the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back