Heart on Hand Statement on Forthcoming Daily Record Story About Offensive Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand firm ,this double standard crap prevades through out the country on many issues.
All the very best of British

Unusually quiet and notably absent from these threads are the usual suspects who pour distain on our own, in the usual pile Ons on any little discretion by our club or fans.
Where are you lads?
Where's your disgust and anger at these vile sectarian bigots being outed by their own arrogance and stupidity?
Yes mate, I was thinking that myself. Maybe they're taking a break after burning out their fingers from last sunday for a few days.

At last and I'm absolutely delighted to see it. Divide and conquer has failed, let's make sure it keeps failing. If we split, we've lost.

52-F30643-EED0-4-B80-8367-EE511062-EC41.jpg

The Muslim community won't be too impressed with that tweet.

Yes mate, I was thinking that myself. Maybe they're taking a break after burning out their fingers from last sunday for a few days.

At last and I'm absolutely delighted to see it. Divide and conquer has failed, let's make sure it keeps failing. If we split, we've lost.
Aye,their probably over at kerryfail discussing if H## is a sectarian slur word to describe protestants or in despair at their cheerleaders in the gutter press are being cancelled and taken down by the very means that they use to destroy other folks life's.
Divide and conquer as we both know is one of the other tools in their arsenal.
United we stand,divided we fall.
Suitably applies now,more than ever.

For those of us rather starved for time, is there a Twitter thread or page on here with a lot of them collated?

This is lovely reading, cap doffed to everyone involved even people I hear didn't have twitter so had some fun with reach plc email addresses no matter how childish these acts were :shh:

Last edited:
Complain to the Scottish Muslim Council and flag the tweet to all your Muslim friends.

I have.

I would also urge everyone to tweet the Muslim Council of Britain with Gaby McKays islamophobic tweet. I have sent it to them by email but maximum exposure on social media should be sought for publicity.

handle is @muslimcouncil on Twitter

While I don’t agree in general with folk being pulled up for historic tweets/posts on social media (we’ve all probably said something ‘wrong’ at some point) but at the end of the day they started this and deserve everything coming their way. Scumbags that they are

I wish somebody would ask him why he has a job in football when it's quite obvious he knows nothing about the sport?

him, Keevins and Keech have been in sport journalism for years and all of them are terrible at their jobs. The thing they all have in common: they dislike Rangers so it's jobs for all

I'm not trying to get people to tweet him or anything but this is the typical crap we get from people who don't see this every day in the Scottish media. That article was made to do one thing: damage H&H's relationship with Rangers, they wanted those guys to lose their benefits with Rangers and their jobs which for some unfortunately has happened as they had to step down. Also, he obviously doesn't look at his own department which is diseased with Celtic fans trying to get Rangers done for things all the time, including a "West Ham fan" on commentary who makes the channel sound like scum TV
Dickson is an absolute whopper

can’t stand him

precious wee lady's front bottom

I do not disagree with much of that. I would say it is obvious that the DR story was driven by revenge for this paying for media access approach, I don’t think H&H get plastered all over the front page unless the DR are trying to settle a score. It wasn’t just because they are Rangers fans.

Well the expose of stv (who have paid) backs your point of view …. Wait, there hasn’t been one? Hmmm

fraid to say it but it is 100% fact the h and h are rangers fans is why they ran the story.

You could be you targeted next

People in glass houses and all that, they have breached their press privileges and exposed the more moronic tendencies which they hold ?
Not what they are employed to do, ah well nevermind. "We didn't start the fire" as Billy Joel once said.

Unless I’ve missed a crucial part of the story, Natasha Meikle had nothing to do with the DR story. She seems to be the biggest victim of it so far however.
In essence, she can only be trusted to do her best for 17% of the population that she cosy's up to on a daily basis. She has flirted with being a selik media personality using the common trait of demonising our support while masquerading as a "professional".

%^*& her and the rest of the maggots who infest the media here.

Well the expose of stv (who have paid) backs your point of view …. Wait, there hasn’t been one? Hmmm

fraid to say it but it is 100% fact the h and h are rangers fans is why they ran the story.

You could be you targeted next
I think you’re being naive in the extreme if you don’t think the “official media partner” thing is the main driver here. The DR wouldn’t want to take on another media organisation like STV but it’s as clear as day that fan media attending press conferences instead of “journalists” has massively annoyed the mainstream media.

Of course as it happens they would have been better trying to expose STV, I can’t imagine the Raman Bhardwaj Ultras would have had the manpower to uncover all these dodgy tweets at the DR.

I think you’re being naive in the extreme if you don’t think the “official media partner” thing is the main driver here. The DR wouldn’t want to take on another media organisation like STV but it’s as clear as day that fan media attending press conferences instead of “journalists” has massively annoyed the mainstream media.

Of course as it happens they would have been better trying to expose STV, I can’t imagine the Raman Bhardwaj Ultras would have had the manpower to uncover all these dodgy tweets at the DR.

Don't underestimate us mate

look at the cohort of the followers of the ‘whistleblower’ - sectarian journalist member of nuj, spiers, Stewart, mcgivern,

the jealousy may have been a driver but the fact they are rangers meant they viewed the lads as fair game.

stv are an official media partner too, as is FF, where is the attack on them?

incidentally, I think club1872 barring MD from standing due to historic tweets is what inspired this method of attack

look at the cohort of the followers of the ‘whistleblower’ - sectarian journalist member of nuj, spiers, Stewart, mcgivern,

the jealousy may have been a driver but the fact they are rangers meant they viewed the lads as fair game.

stv are an official media partner too, as is FF, where is the attack on them?

incidentally, I think club1872 barring MD from standing due to historic tweets is what inspired this method of attack
I imagine they were planning a follow up on MD/FF this week. They’ll struggle to get an edition out this week now however.

Really? Was her name and picture plastered all over a national newspaper? Front page no less.

You’re positively reeking.
Should be clear that if Cammy and Hoggy also lose their jobs then they were certainly have come off worst from the whole sorry episode.

It's madness that it's came to this and I would imagine there will be lots of folk closing their accounts.
More or less everyone on social media has prob says somthing they shouldn't have if they've been on it long enough :)) they never thought it through before they started all this tho! too busy creaming thier pants at the thought of gettin rangers name blackened forgetting that they are bitter arseholes with open accounts :))

Should be clear that if Cammy and Hoggy also lose their jobs then they were certainly have come off worst from the whole sorry episode.
I’ll be clear and say I can’t take anyone who claims that calling someone a bitch is sexist and could put your job at risk seriously

At best, you’re a crank…but I think most of us know what you actually are.

Let's not kid ourselves. This has been a coordinated effort involving politicians, the media and that useful idiot in Police Scotland.
Let that sink in, just how much effort they have put into blackening the name of the Club and it's fans.

Enough is enough.
This 100%

It really does highlight how much we are held to double standards that none of them thought for one minute they would be held to the same standard that they were pushing.

Faux outrage at words to suit agenda coming back to bite you in the arse and put your job at risk is some sweet karma!

Not a hint of an apology for the ream of tweets he put out using sectarian language towards Rangers and Rangers fans. This 'apology' is borne of fear of the consequences of the tweet, nothing more nor less.
Don't think this point has been highlighted enough. The fact he has been outed as a Protestant/British hater for over 24 hours, without a hint of an apology, but within minutes of an anti-Muslim hate crime he is grovelling for forgiveness, shows clearly that he does in actual fact have a hatred for the British race & Protestant religion.

In 10 years we will he looking back on this "cancel culture" as insanity, and Twitter will be seen as a historical anomaly.

I heard of someone's social media accounts getting vetted ahead of them being made a job offer maybe 5 years ago and realised that no good comes from putting innermost views down in writing, particularly if the zeitgeist was changing and you were going to be potentially caught out on the wrong side of history.

How many of us would still be employed if our "WhatsApp" chats were in the public domain?

There is a book, "so you've been publicly shamed" by Jon Ronson that is really worth a read

Last edited:
Unless I’ve missed a crucial part of the story, Natasha Meikle had nothing to do with the DR story. She seems to be the biggest victim of it so far however.
imagine a DR journalist attacking rangers fan media, failing to mention celtic fan media yet is what happens. Who would have thought? Unintended consequence. i hope McGivern is proud of himself.

Reactions: Egt
On a related point I highly recommend deleting your personal social media accounts. This whole sorry episode has highlighted how easy it is to pile onto folk who said things years ago that "may" have been acceptable at the time but aren't now. For example Keith Jackson's gay boy meme probably passed without incident at the time but would he %^*& say it in todays world. Times change so keep yourselves right and just say %^*& all publically. If you want it to follow gers pages or the likes delete your history and start under a pseudonym. You can bet your bottom dollar people are trawling all our pages currently for a fightback

Let's be honest, the vast majority of stuff said by rangers or celtic fans to each other is no worse than things said in other football rivalries. Do we think West ham / Millwall or Man United / Leeds, or Galatasary/ Fenerbahce or Sparta / Slavia etc are all nice and cosy and friendly on social media? Of course not, and it will be very similar to Rangers and Celtic fans. However what we have here is an entire industry built on the back of this rivalry that generates income from finding new ways to be offended by one side of this rivalry and a political party that is working them like puppets to further their cause.

Many of the tweets uncovered by Edgar are worse than anything said by the H&H guys, in the context of football rivalry, and go way beyond that into actual grounds of socially unacceptable comments. So %^*& the lot of them.

And make it be a lesson to everybody about social media. No idea why anybody has public social media accounts. It's not like talking to your mates in the pub, where your comments are forgotten the next morning. They are there to haunt you forever.

imagine a DR journalist attacking rangers fan media, failing to mention celtic fan media yet is what happens. Who would have thought? Unintended consequence. i hope McGivern is proud of himself.
McGivern is the undoubted villain of the piece, together with whichever editor thought running the story was a good idea. Wonder how they feel about their colleagues getting carpeted as a result.

Not a hint of an apology for the ream of tweets he put out using sectarian language towards Rangers and Rangers fans. This 'apology' is borne of fear of the consequences of the tweet, nothing more nor less.
Unless I’ve missed something there has been no apology from Ms Meikle for her bigoted tirades.

Seems she would rather martyr herself than acknowledge that using the term ‘hun’ is sectarian.

It will not be long before we will all be afraid to speak or say anything
It’s the easiest thing in the world to find offence
This is the path our country is being led down
Assault children and commit crime but woe betide you if you say something that offends someone who is looking to be offended about being offended
We are heading down a very slippy slope here
What’s happening now reminds me of the Offensive behaviour at football act, They brought it in to protect themselves, but it turns out it was them that were causing most of the problems, and the proof is the same people who wanted the act brought in got it repealed because of this
Idiots are running our country or should that be ruining

All those journalists that have been decrying us,now they’ve got to be thinking about tweets they did years ago coming back to haunt them,delicious,karma.
The thing is now if any journalist has deleted or locked their social media they are going to be treated with suspicion, why do that if you have nothing to hide ?

If nothing else it highlights the absolutely amateurish nature of the Daily Record.

Imagine being so naive as to run a story like that without the editor or anyone else in the room saying ‘hang on a minute’.

Daft pricks.
You can just imagine them huddled round a computer congratulating each other on a front page that was going to put a spotlight on our support again.

They've got away with so much for so long, it would just have been "business as usual".

Like their heroes last season, they just didn't see us coming until it was too late.

The media and MSP's all were quick to jump on the Rangers attack bandwagon last Sunday/Monday so, how long is this going to take for someone in the public eye to say something about the daily record and its disgusting employees? They cannot be allowed to just let this be swept away under the carpet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back