Heart on Hand Statement on Forthcoming Daily Record Story About Offensive Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I’ve missed a crucial part of the story, Natasha Meikle had nothing to do with the DR story. She seems to be the biggest victim of it so far however.

Double standards

Our fans, their behaviour, songs and words online seem to be held to a completely different standard Vs those that have consistently used pejorative, discriminatory terms specifically about Rangers fans, yet no one blinks an eye.

Bears have had enough and are shining a light on the many many instances of other public figures that are not being held to account

Maybe but I doubt any media in England will be remotely interested as it stands many of them actually rate wee nippy but then they don’t live here do they?
No they don't live in Scotland. However I live in England and I'm not convinced that journalists and politicians down here are happy to turn a blind eye on anti-union propaganda. On the other hand they surely have no interest in a Scottish football teams support that sit back and accept the false condemnation of those with a separatist agenda.

lets be very clear; She posted bigoted and sectarian remarks on her twitter feed, all by herself. Nobody made her, nobody sat and forced her to do it. If you did it, or I did it we would get the same treatment. There comes a point when people have to just say that enough is enough and for any right thinking Rangers fan, that threshold has well and truly been smashed through recently.

Does she deserve another chance? That depends entirely on one person; herself. Hoggy and Cammy both put out apologies that did not try to make excuses or avoid the issue. If she followed suit, she should be allowed to get on with her life, hopefully a little wiser. Cammy and Hoggy should absolutely be afforded the same thing.
She was quite happy to slate Rangers about George Square celebrations, then swan off down to London with her pals and do the same thing for a Scotland game.

More hypocrisy from these people

Living in England as I do, there is no interest in this kind of thing down here mate. It's exclusively a problem in Scotland and one that will remain there.
There may be an awareness problem in England, but to suggest nobody in England cares is so far off the mark it's laughable.

By the way, I live in England too.

There may be an awareness problem in England, but to suggest nobody in England cares is so far off the mark it's laughable.

November is on the way.

They usually make a show of themselves around remembrance that gets some traction down here. Not the same thing and not much of a consolation, but it’s something.

I don’t think Rangers as a club or a support need to worry about backing from England. That’s not in short supply. It’s perhaps just ambitious to expect this particular issue to get much coverage down here. Then again, maybe we’ll see how far it goes.

Last edited:
Unless I’ve missed a crucial part of the story, Natasha Meikle had nothing to do with the DR story. She seems to be the biggest victim of it so far however.
You've grossly misjudged the room if you think there is gonna be sympathy here for a raging bigot and a chief cheerleader in selectarianism who wants to get Rangers fan in trouble and blacken the name of our club for things she does herself.

Sorry if you choose to be friends with a vile, sickening, toxic, raging bigot.

Then you will know, that apart from Rangers fans down here, no-one else gives a f.uck.

History tells us that and it will continue to be the case now and in the future.

You are kidding yourself on if you think any media or the public down here are going to get involved in any of this shit-show.

November is on the way.

They usually make a show of themselves around remembrance that gets some traction down here. Not the same thing and not much of a consolation, but it’s something.

I don’t think Rangers as a club or a support need to worry about backing from England. It’s perhaps just ambitious to expect this particular issue to get much coverage down here. Then again, maybe we’ll see how far it goes.
Mate it depends on how you define 'the issue'. If it is defined as a parochial tit-for-tat football rivalry issue then you are right about ambition. On the other hand if it is portrayed for what it is , anti-union, pro-republican propaganda, then I think.it garners a different reaction altogether.

She may not have been part of the DR story, but she is a part of the story.

She is representative of all that is wrong with the double standards at show. She has been on Sky Sports News ffs giving her tuppence worth on "sectarianism" all the while her own social media account is awash with anti protestant racism/bigotry.

As my late Dad used to say to me as a youth - "fly with the crows..........".

I don’t like where this has went and is going it’s goes against everything Rangers fans were taught we never grassed we just used to take everything on the chin we had different morals to the rest. That made us the easiest target as the club did the same dignified silence remember.?

This time it was different something just felt so wrong they aren’t just gunning for the club and players and officials they are coming for the average Joe on the street and wanting to ruin lives for words.

This is their game remember they started and wanted it what they didn’t bargain on was us playing it and boy we are. I doubt any of us are offended but you know what the gloves are off and they didn’t plan for that as many times before we as a club and support didn’t entertain it now we are.

We gave them the rope and they tied their own noose metaphorically speaking.

I don’t like it but I’m glad we are fighting back fire with fire and I certainly back it all the way and your woman only has herself to blame.

I get what you are saying and seeing someone lose their job over a few words is ridiculous.

However, this is their game and their rules. They can't accuse us of being bigots, while being bigots themselves and expect no repercussions.

Rangers should have publicly condemned the racist campaign in Scotland against Alfie and stopped it in its tracks long, long ago. The verbal racist abuse on and off the pitch, the racist banner against his Mother at Pittodrie, the missiles thrown at Morelos at Fir Park, the disgusting racist article on his Colombian heritage in the Daily Rhebel. The club really need to understand that they are in a cultural propaganda war, whether they wish to be participants or not.
My views completely on the subject.
I've stated many times on here that we should be playing them at their own game and calling out the sectarian slur of H## and digging up the shite on them,and throwing it their faces.
Nothing pleases me more than this fight back in the propaganda war against Scottish/Irish republican nationalism.
It's been a long time coming and I for one support it 100%.

You’re missing the point mate.

It’s not so much about whether she lost her job or not but why the Record chose to ignore her sectarianism especially when she has the gall to go on SSN and pontificate on sectarianism. The dogs in the street know why of course but you’ll take the point.

The Record went after the H&H lads simply because they were connected with Rangers while ignoring sectarianism, racism
and homophobia from prominent podders and supporters of the abusers and their own staff.

We face the double standard every day in the selective reporting of songs and incident. It needs called out.

As a side note I find it remarkable a reputable legal firm would have wanted anything to do with her even before her bigotry came to light.

You’re missing the point mate.

It’s not so much about whether she lost her job or not but why the Record chose to ignore her sectarianism especially when she has the gall to go on SSN and pontificate on sectarianism. The dogs in the street know why of course but you’ll take the point.

The Record went after the H&H lads simply because they were connected with Rangers while ignoring sectarianism, racism
and homophobia from prominent podders and supporters of the abusers and their own staff.

We face the double standard every day in the selective reporting of songs and incident. It needs called out.

As a side note I find it remarkable a reputable legal firm would have wanted anything to do with her even before her bigotry came to light.
I do not disagree with much of that. I would say it is obvious that the DR story was driven by revenge for this paying for media access approach, I don’t think H&H get plastered all over the front page unless the DR are trying to settle a score. It wasn’t just because they are Rangers fans.

Regardless of whether or not she is 'fair game', she wouldn't have had anything to answer for had she not posted stuff online that has forced her hand and seen her resign.

You put yourself in the public eye you should be savvy enough to make sure you are beyond reproach.

My opinion is that the hypocrisy has gone on too long and if it takes those not directly involved taking a hit, then that's unfortunate but entirely their own fault. I'd be happy for my employer to look at all of my social media posts as I've not said anything that would ever be questionable.

The record have brought upon themselves and others what should have been pointed out as blatant hypocrisy, years ago.

I'm reading this thread and shaking my head.

What is it an awful lot of us can see that some do not or more worryingly will not?

We as a club, support, institution, religion (I accept not all have faith, but Presbyterianism and Judaism are being openly targetted) citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, supporters and members of our military personnel etc are being subjected to dehumanising abuse that has been politicised, ignored by the MSM, the abomination that is Police Scotland, and encouraged by despicable rabble-rousing pundits and social commentators who despise everything outwith the SNatziP and Roman cult.

Sympathy is being shown to the vile creatures who would see us, yes us, consigned to the pages of history as far as 21 st century Scotland is concerned.

Not one ounce of sympathy should be proffered to any of the crass, socially inadequate creatures we have to share our once proud country with.

They hate us with a passion, which we cannot begin to comprehend, that is stoked by politicians, clergy and teachers from day one of their Borg-like lives, and sadly a lot of the population and electorate cannot understand the strategy of usurping the majority that a certain section of our community has adopted, probably since the days of the big, bad CoS offering to help their forefathers in the late 19th and early 20th century.

I have no sympathy, whatsoever, for any of them.

Let them reap what they have sown.

This isn’t just about the past few days. It’s nearly two decades in the making.

She’s part of a one-sided narrative and was enjoying being a spokesperson.

If you’re going to pontificate on the behaviour of others and seek punishment (especially publicly), then it may be worthwhile ensuring your own standing is beyond reproach.

She illustrated the arrogance, though, that comes with believing you’re untouchable.

52-F30643-EED0-4-B80-8367-EE511062-EC41.jpg

Well, here’s the deal.

For a person employed in the legal profession to make tweets of the content she did, she is either

a) abysmally stupid
b) believing that she was “bombproof”
c) a combination of a and b.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The issue is, who started playing the game?

What is it an awful lot of us can see that some do not or more worryingly will not?

We as a club, support, institution, religion (I accept not all have faith, but Presbyterianism and Judaism are being openly targetted) citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, supporters and members of our military personnel etc are being subjected to dehumanising abuse that has been politicised, ignored by the MSM, the abomination that is Police Scotland, and encouraged by despicable rabble-rousing pundits and social commentators who despise everything outwith the SNatziP and Roman cult.

Sympathy is being shown to the vile creatures who would see us, yes us, consigned to the pages of history as far as 21 st century Scotland is concerned.

Not one ounce of sympathy should be proffered to any of the crass, socially inadequate creatures we have to share our once proud country with.

They hate us with a passion, which we cannot begin to comprehend, that is stoked by politicians, clergy and teachers from day one of their Borg-like lives, and sadly a lot of the population and electorate cannot understand the strategy of usurping the majority that a certain section of our community has adopted, probably since the days of the big, bad CoS offering to help their forefathers in the late 19th and early 20th century.

Superb post and absolutely spot on sir.
Well said.

i ve been off radar for a few days and only read the last few posts on this thread but you have summed it up nicely mate.
too many handringers ,to many apoligists ,too many willing to bow to the republician agenda and stick the boot into your own and try to justify it by saying, get our own house in order while ignoring the flak coming our way .WTF is wrong with people.
i ve been pig sick of scotland for going on 20 years and getting really pee d off now too with a lot of our own support if this board is in any way representative of the view as a whole .
Grow a backbone FFS before you are all tramped into the ground

Unusually quiet and notably absent from these threads are the usual suspects who pour distain on our own, in the usual pile Ons on any little discretion by our club or fans.
Where are you lads?
Where's your disgust and anger at these vile sectarian bigots being outed by their own arrogance and stupidity?

What do you expect from these people when an ex editor and present day chairman of the SPFL and chairman of the press and association group, independent news and media can get away with bias towards our club and remain in a position of influence within these groups.

Murdoch MacLennon is a well documented Rangers hater as editor of the Daily Record as far back as in the 90's he was keen for the Record to focus on Rangers hooliganism saying "Ah cannae stand the bastards" this was printed in Private Eye.
He as chairman of these groups is an example to others, why is he still there ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back