Dom McKay leaves Celtic

Every fan base has their mentalists but the lunatic fringe of the cel’ic support genuinely rival the flat-earthers and 9/11 truthers.

It’s glorious.
Yip. Just as they were trying to head to court with us and getting ready to approve the Strachan deal.

You couldn’t make it up.

Bollocks to it 71 days into a role. Nah I don’t believe that. This guy was a professional and at SRU for 13 years. Only a child would throw toys out the pram so soon, if it was for personal reasons serious enough he’d have been granted dispensation on full salary. McKay has made an indirect statement here by deleting mentions of CFC on LinkedIn and deleting his Twitter account. Fair enough he’d probably have known about CSA cases, but do we even know the full picture? Spotlight themselves have stated they can only release further info once Cairney’s case has happened.
If he has been undermined by appointments being made without his buy in then I am not surprised he has walked.

Most senior professionals with the experience he has at that level and running organisations would not have it.

If you think otherwise then you seriously misunderstand the mindset of most senior administrators of large businesses.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the answer.

Lawwell still hanging about like a bad smell, Strachan getting an 'advisory' role to the football department, Desmond allegedly meddling in football matters.

Not a chance any of the above is what McKay wanted.

Poor Alf. He'll be next. How long before wee Chesney is honoured to be Celtic manager again ?

Can wee Chesney still manage ra Selik, and be a "consultant for Dundee"?........of course he can!
No conflict whatsoever. A guaranteed 9/12 pts and +15/20 goals this season.

If its not Chesney, it will be the p!sh stained jakie Steve Clarke. Only a matter of time til he fecks up the Scotland qualification.

If he has been undermined by appointments being made without his buy in then I am not surprised he has walked.

Most senior professionals with the experience he has at that level and running organisations would not have it.

If you think otherwise then you seriously misunderstand the mindset of most senior administrators of large businesses.
If this undermining is the case, why did they expedite his notice period with SRU to starting with CFC ahead of time? What was the rush if he was to be a patsy?

If this undermining is the case, why did they expedite his notice period with SRU to starting with CFC ahead of time? What was the rush if he was to be a patsy?
They needed somebody in to say stuff and sell season tickets. He had his first and only fan media conference a couple of days before renewal deadline.

Really hope that’s not true wouldn’t wish that on anyone and let’s be honest this guy is nothing like a vile as the previous job holder
It would have been better if he stayed. The interim will be far more knowledgable about running a football club.

When senior people leave organisations they are often put on gardening leave fairly quickly so to get them out of the day to day running of the business. So the SRU allowing him to go early isn’t that much of a shock.

Celtic were also desperate for some credibility and perceived stability at the time. Lawell was off, Lennon was out the door and they were miles behind on the park. So again, it’s not a surprise Celtic wanted him in ASAP.

Things are obviously not well behind the scenes and Lawell is still there in an informal (supposedly) non exec style “advisory” capacity - hence I think he has walked as he can’t run the organisation as a CEO should be allowed and expected to.

There’s a couple of seemingly ITK cel’ic twitter accounts using the same phrasing, ‘thankfully’ rumours of health issues are wide of the mark.

McKay briefing to get his view out there. It’d be great if it was CSA related and the victims are close to getting justice but he’s a cel’ic fan. He must have been aware of the ongoing cases.

I think it’s more likely that the board/lawwell are hindering/blocking McKay and he’s chucked it/been mutual consented.

Obviously all is not well. Hopefully Ange chucks it too as the fans love him and there’d be uproar.

He’s chucked it. It won’t be anything family/health related. If it was, you’d imagine Ambulance Chasing FC would be all over that aspect and it would have been mentioned in the statement.

My guess is that Lawwell is still having too much of an influence behind the scenes and Desmond is in contact with him for advice.

When senior people leave organisations they are often put on gardening leave fairly quickly so to get them out of the day to day running of the business. So the SRU allowing him to go early isn’t that much of a shock.

Celtic were also desperate for some credibility and perceived stability at the time. Lawell was off, Lennon was out the door and they were miles behind on the park. So again, it’s not a surprise Celtic wanted him in ASAP.

Things are obviously not well behind the scenes and Lawell is still there in an informal (supposedly) non exec style “advisory” capacity - hence I think he has walked as he can’t run the organisation as a CEO should be allowed and expected to.
I think it's safe to say Liewell is still there.

It's the press reaction that should be good.

There are two options for these ratbags.

They tangle themselves in knots trying to make excuses.

Or they go down the boys club route. O'Merta.

No surer than anyone else, but there’s no smoke without fire. CEO’s don’t just %^*& off like this without good reason, especially life long fans and where they’ve only been in the job 71 days.
Fair enough mate. Hopefully his wife isn’t ill and it’s purely down to chaos at the San Giro.

He’s chucked it. It won’t be anything family/health related. If it was, you’d imagine Ambulance Chasing FC would be all over that aspect and it would have been mentioned in the statement.

My guess is that Lawwell is still having too much of an influence behind the scenes and Desmond is in contact with him for advice.
Lawwell still in the shadows, Strachan now back on the scene and a manager that nobody wanted. McKay is meant to be the main main, and all of this is seemingly happening all around him without his say so.

Why would anyone hang around for that? He's obviously not short of a bob or 2. Lay low and get back into rugby in 6 months time once it's forgotten about.

He seems like a decent fellow but it looks as if he was being undermined by someone and didn't like it. Maybe his hand has been forced by DD who seems fine with everything at the piggery so long as he gets his big Divvy. The Aussie has had the Bravest man in Football foisted on him as well as Strachan's boy and has Strachan himself as an advisor. Perhaps it has been a Strachan too far for him. The court cases have been simmering away and will come to a full boil soon so, it seems like a good idea to jump before he was pushed or perhaps he jumped because the court cases about children being abused was too much for him to stomach. I would hope so too.

There’s a couple of seemingly ITK cel’ic twitter accounts using the same phrasing, ‘thankfully’ rumours of health issues are wide of the mark.

McKay briefing to get his view out there. It’d be great if it was CSA related and the victims are close to getting justice but he’s a cel’ic fan. He must have been aware of the ongoing cases.

I think it’s more likely that the board/lawwell are hindering/blocking McKay and he’s chucked it/been mutual consented.

Obviously all is not well. Hopefully Ange chucks it too as the fans love him and there’d be uproar.

The Celtic support love Postecoglou?

I genuinely think the guy walked in, had a swatch under the bonnet and was disgusted at what he found.
The illness thing sounds just like the tims playing the vicTIM card as usual to fend off scrutiny.

Reactions: TQ3

Deleting Twitter and LinkedIn may not be required for that scenario but that’s just a stab in the dark by me . Also the timing of this and surprise factor . Could and probably am completely wrong .

I think it's safe to say Liewell is still there.

It's the press reaction that should be good.

There are two options for these ratbags.

They tangle themselves in knots trying to make excuses.

Or they go down the boys club route. O'Merta.

Or they could just seek out and publish the truth............................

ange won’t chuck it.Always been a selic man donchaknow.

Back