MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One moment of slack play and a worldie is the difference so far. Admittedly it could have been two.

Lyon look sharp in all areas of the pitch from the 10th minute onwards. We're still really slow to start and didn't take advantage of their skittishness and slack passing which is frustrating.

We've gotten better as the half has gone on but it's going to take something special to unlock this team.

That was infuriating from Davis there. You clearly see the run so fucking follow it! Borna was standing the guy up.
I thought that at first but if you watched the replay it was the correct shout. Davis would have stopped the player with the ball going with it and Borna could have got to the runner before Davis as he was too far away.

Not much in it bar a moment of superb quality. Kent extremely unlucky and growing more and more into the game.

Confident there is at least a goal in us

Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up. Yes there's a couple of mistakes in the build up but they're the sort people get away with 20 times a game. That was an unbelievable strike.

Other than that it's been very even. Both teams have had decent spells but McGregor hasn't made a save and they've only had a couple.

If I was being hyper critical it would be to say they've not really taken Gerrard's instructions to go at it full tilt. We've played well but been a little bit tentative. I think it's a game we have to risk losing to stretch it out more. I'm not sure we can break them down if they are set in front of us.

I actually think lundstram has done okay
He has had a decent game except for sitting off the player for their goal. The problem now is that 'decent' will be jumped on on here, especially if there are a few mistakes chucked in.

He has an uphill battle on his hands with convincing the support he is not a haddy. Damage is done and it can be a long road back for players in his situation.

Reactions: GF7
We're still in this game but there's not much more to say than we are losing to a team with better players.

If we are to score it seems most likely to come from Kent. Morelos isn't getting any joy out of their defence, especially in the air.

No created much, need to be braver in our play, Lyon are a very good side, I’d put wright on as he’s good with clever passes which is what we really need

Not like you to be so positive
Hes not far wrong though is he, we had all the first 20 mins or so and done nothing, no confidence in quite a few, on saturday it took st j to score for us to spark into life, not near good enough

Another poor half of football this season. Lucky to still have 11 on the park. Get Lundstrum off at HT and let that be the last time we ever see him in a Rangers jersey.
Tbh I think Lundstrum has done ok
We are lucky to have still 11on the pitch that was reckless from Goldson

In don't think the first half is as bad as the commentators are saying. It could easily have been level.

I think Lindstrum (predictive text keeps changing it to Lundstrom) looks poor due to his pace, he doesn't have any.

Top quality finish and top quality save the difference here. Seen enough to think we can take something from it

Morelos doesn't seem on it. Lundstrum, Kent started to kick on last ten mins there. Keep the faith lad/ladettes.

We haven’t played badly at all. The boy could hit that another hundred times and never hit it that good again. But for a genuinely outstanding save we’d be level. You will always cough up chances against a team of Lyon’s quality, this isn’t us letting some shower of shite carve us open. Plenty to be encouraged by and plenty reason to believe we can get something, a lot of posters would do well to remember this isn’t Ross County or someone of that ilk we are playing

Need to stay disciplined here and we can get back in it, can’t go all out attack because a second goal kills it

I would like to see us raise the intensity out of possession. We have quality on the bench so just chase everything a get in their face.

When we have moved the ball quickly we have created chances

It’s incredible how much better we look when we play with a bit of tempo, try and close the opposition down and take 1-2 touches on the ball.

Why we feel the need to constantly slow the game down will be something I’ll never understand. It’s been by far our biggest issue so far this season.

Same problems we’ve been watching for a few weeks now.
Tentative, lack of belief and continual underhit passes allowing opponents to press, cover, get their shape.
Decision making seems to be governed by fear of making a mistake.
We’re a far better team playing at a far higher tempo. We seem to have lost the notion.

One superb goal sees us behind. Not many goals of that calibre will be scored against us this year. Keep on trying Rangers - we will get our chances.
This is a decent side but they are no better than Braga and not at the level of Porto. Come on Rangers.

They’re obviously the standout team in this group. Semi finalists in the champions league last year

Any one of us, Prague and Brondby that gets results against Lyon will obviously steal a March on the others.

We’re very much in the game. We rode our luck at times. On another night it could have been over. On another night it could have been 1-1.

As it stands, we’re 0-1. Enough there to believe we can get a result.

cmon the Gers
Good post and fully agree.

We are not playing some Euro also rans, this side are good.

I keep waiting for us to click this season and it’s just not happening. That being said, this has come down to taking chances. Lyon took one of theirs, we didn’t take any of ours. There’s not much between these us and them.

I’d like to see Roofe and Wright on and try and play at Lyon a bit more directly.

Lyon are clearly a very good team and 0-1 is probably about right on the balance of play.

I think we are playing well but I'm still frustrated that our build up is too slow and we don't really use the pace of Kent properly.

Morelos continues to hold up the ball really well but we need to get more players in and around him to take advantage of his layoffs.

Lundstram has been okay but I think he lacks the pace we need at this level.

I think the defence has done okay against a good Lyon side.

We’ve done ok and came into it a bit more as the game went on, their goal was just a bit of proper class.

Anyone bumping their gums about how poor we’ve been is just at it and wants to be negative regardless of the performance.

That was infuriating from Davis there. You clearly see the run so fucking follow it! Borna was standing the guy up.
Yep. He's watching it and pointing behind Borna. Poor from Davis.

Need to be more aggressive 2nd half and bring Alfie into the game.

We're still in it though. They're a right good team .

Another very poor first half performance seems to happen more often and not and theres clearly an issue, Kent and lundstram very poor should both be off at half time
Kent has created most of our chances through his work-rate.

maybe watch another sport?

A bt cautious and let the atmosphere die and Lyon to settle because of it. It’s the one area of our European play I don’t like. Far too often we end up passive then chasing a game in home European games.

Don’t think we’re doing that bad. This mob is 2/3 levels above the pish we play in Scotland, it was always gonna be a tough test. Getting some joy down the left with Barisic and Kent, but Barisic has been caught out a few times defensively, needs to watch.

Back