MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough night bears.

Reality is this was a step up for us.

We are the 2nd seed. We lost to the first seed. Not nice but fine. I still believe we’ll have enough to finish above Sparta Prague and Brondby.

I won’t lose any sleep over tonight.

we lost to the first seed, Celtic lost to the third seed. Interestingly I just listen to the commentary of Lyon being “too good” and Rangers “outclassed”. Celtic’s performance against a lesser seeded team is brave and heroic.

Hmmm. We’ll be in the knockout stages and the terrorists won’t.

Now I’m looking forward to a home game on Sunday and the mentally challengeds being away to Livingston

Scott Wright has been hopeless since he came on.

Miles off it.
Hard to get into a match in last 20 minutes when already 2-0 down and rest of team running out of ideas. Lyon knew how to nurse the match to conclusion and weren’t likely to give us much space up front as they simply didn’t need to. If Lyon were 1-0 down then players like Roofe and Wright would have had more chance to make an impact.

Stop start game with that ref. Made the game even more frustrating.

A lot of players playing within themselves.
They need to start showing a bit if fight and hunger.

Hopefully by the time the away fixture hits we will be in a bit of form. We need all the elements to be with us to run these sides close but do feel the draw in the other game gives us a strong shout at 2nd still

Flat as a pancake on the pitch and in the stands, we are a shadow of the team we were last season, 4th defeat already this season, and I said it at the weekend Kamara is lovely and tidy, but produces no goals, no assists, he has to do far more.
I've often thought that myself, doesn't create many or score. We already have players in midfield who pass, pass, pass. We need a goalscoring midfielder.

The only bright side I can see is Brondby and Prague tied 0-0. So we have a chance at 2nd place.
That was the worst I've seen Rangers in 3 years. Even against Leverkusen we put up more of an effort.

Not a good look, stadium emptying fast. Slow moving forward has been the problem since pre-season. We need an attacking midfielder with pace. I'm sorry to say that Davis is a big part of this issue.
I know the whole Joey Veerman speculation has been done to death but I think we desperately need a player like him tonight and the board not speculating to accumulate has come back to bite us at this level. Let’s hope Bacuna can bring something different.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Lyon are a very good team and were better than us tonight, great movement back to front. But if Kent had scored it might have been different. And by Christ we’ll come up against NOTHING like that in the league, so no despondency bears!

Woeful from some of those Lyon players in the second half especially. Literally falling down all over the place and the referee bought it every single time.

Why is that not a foul with an elbow in to Balogun's face ?

That always appears to be the case when you play better teams.
McGregor was no busier than your average SPL game, we are still way below our level, I didn’t think Lyon were any great shakes in the same as I thought we made Slavia look good last season…We are not close to our level yet!

Aye, though there were quite a few moments in the first half I thought. 2nd half was a non event.
Like I said I'm not happy with a defeat and we should always learn lessons on how to improve, but this wasn't a bunch of donkeys.
I was a lot more pissed off about Malmo than this.
Its the same issues each game though mate. Why cant the squad lift theirselves? Its our anniversary year, it was a chance at CL, it was a chance to show a top team who we are but...... Just bang average from us. Last season we took games by the scruff of the neck and forced our point. I dont see that in us so far this season. We move on though

If we played against this quality most weeks in our league we would be able to compete at a higher level. We play against pish most weeks that’s the reality. We played OK but it’s obvious some of our players aren‘t at Lyon’s quality and CL quality. Just win the fkn league this season and get the CL money next season to bring in better quality.

More frustrating than anything else because we all know we can do much better than that. Whole season we seem to be stuck in 2nd gear.

Davis was awful, we brought on an Aberdeen player who has done nothing but give away free kicks. Sakala couldn't have been any more ineffective, very serious concerns about that guy as he has done fvck all since his arrival (don't fuckin dare say he scored v Real Madrid)!!

The whole performance was fvcking embarrassing and the fans were shit3 as well.
The team were fuckjng dead which was appropriate for playing in a morgue. Had to give up my tickets due to covid, so fuckin annoyed with the whole ball of wax tonight.

Well, one goal better than the team that got to us our last European final.

Really wasn't much in that until the second goal, at which point it pretty much died.

Think there were some positives looking at the big picture. That's the best our back 4 have been defensively this season. Lundstram came back strongly after the goal.

On the negative side I'd say we just didn't have the confidence to really go at them and we need that intensity to level things up against better technical teams.

Rangers worth £93 million

Lyon worth £313

According to Transfer Market but aye…We should be beating sides like this according to FF…

Anyways…Onto Motherwell on Sunday now!! 3 pts a must.
St Johnstone worth the same as a set meal oot the Indian. Still put us out a cup. Value ain't the be all and end all.

Back