Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon in Rangers rethink as security concerns force BT Sport change with former Celtic duo off punditry

Happy to have Sutton and Lennon nowhere near Ibrox but the timing of this is a bit strange in my opinion. PR wise it seems like an uneccessary own goal which leaves us open to attacks, I’m not sure what this achieves tbh

Leaves us open to attack by people who hate us anyway.

Very true mate. Just tiring constantly seeing the club battered pillar to post over things that could probably be avoided. Not sure if we should be trying to be a bit smarter about things.

As you said though these people hate us anyway so probably the case that anything we do will get us hassle anyway

This.
Picking up a Rangers scarf and spitting on it during the same game at Ibrox.
There's a You Tube video with him, drunk, singing
'The Rangers are Shite'.
Lennon knows these, and other instances, can be levelled at him and still accepted the pundit work for the Celtic game based at Ibrox.
The club have taken the correct decision.
Rangers should post that video on Twitter as a response

they should then post buffalo brains about Sutton

and then say would you invite people like this into your home ?

BT have obviously made an attempt to goad Rangers.
If , going by the information on this thread they had been told over a year ago not to bring him back, they are being deliberately confrontational in attempting to do so.
The club are perfectly entitled not to open the door to people who despise us.
How many journalists and media outlets have clubs such as Liverpool and Manchester United, particularly when A Ferguson was manager, refused access to?
And dare I say it, I am sure that rasellik have banned numerous media men, McNee, Keevins and lately Walker.
For me BT are at fault here, not our club.

Alan Brazil and the utter twat Sinclair have just emptied Rangers over this, with nobody to argue, no right of reply and with a lack of explanation from the club to at least add balance.

I am absolutely on board with causing as many issues to broadcasters as possible where it is warranted but stunts like this, not backed up with any kind of reasoning or public explanation just make the club look beyond petty and allow idiots like the 2 above to hammer home their own agenda.

Unless here is some kind of follow up coming today, it was a really, really stupid thing to do.

A very vociferous and probably lubricated sounding Alan Brazil has just tore Rangers to shreds over this to millions. He also tied it into the ban on away fans at Ibrox calling it a disgrace. A very clear picture was being painted.

He finished by saying he hopes Jim White, who is coming up next, will have lots to say on it. Watch this space.

Alan Brazil and the utter twat Sinclair have just emptied Rangers over this, with nobody to argue, no right of reply and with a lack of explanation from the club to at least add balance.

I am absolutely on board with causing as many issues to broadcasters as possible where it is warranted but stunts like this, not backed up with any kind of reasoning or public explanation just make the club look beyond petty and allow idiots like the 2 above to hammer home their own agenda.

Unless here is some kind of follow up coming today, it was a really, really stupid thing to do.
Or it was a set up hoping a drunk Rangers fan would react to their presence and they'd get the story they wanted.

Its Lennon and Sutton together ffs.

In all fairness, WHY would they think Lennon and Sutton were good pundits for a Rangers game? Imagine the outrage if they got Walter Smith and Nacho Novo on as pundits for a Celtic game? Makes no sense!

The pundits stand on an open platform in the East Enclosure, if popcorn teeth got scudded with a pie or a coin, the media would of had a field day, and no doubt Rangers would of been fined by UEFA. For me the correct decision was made.
This

A few arseholes make headlines in George square and rangers get the blame for not doing anything to stop it. We take action to stop anything happening to these two fuds and that’s wrong as well?

Sending those two to Ibrox sounds like a clear attempt to get fans into trouble.

There would be a very high chance fans would chant and shout some very naughty things towards those two in full view of cameras, maybe that is what people at Sky wanted.

In all fairness, WHY would they think Lennon and Sutton were good pundits for a Rangers game? Imagine the outrage if they got Walter Smith and Nacho Novo on as pundits for a Celtic game? Makes no sense!
My understanding is that they were only going to comment on the Celtic game that kicked off at 5:45, so they would have been discussing the game at half time and after full time (when Rangers fans would be entering the ground and spot Lennon and Sutton chatting on a platform a few yards away). Then Ally and David Weir would replace them on the platform to cover the Rangers game.

It could easily, and diplomatically, have been solved by renting a TV studio somewhere else in the city for a few hours, or if time allowed sending Sutton and Lennon to the studio where their replacement (Petrov) did that job.

Lies once again been spouted as fact by two arseholes, who grabbed a sensationalist headline and off they went.
Exactly what talksport wanted, they are all creeping back out of their lairs now the heat has calmed somewhat, anyone with the techie knowledge on here keep digging guys.
A very vociferous and probably lubricated sounding Alan Brazil has just tore Rangers to shreds over this to millions. He also tied it into the ban on away fans at Ibrox calling it a disgrace. A very clear picture was being painted.

He finished by saying he hopes Jim White, who is coming up next, will have lots to say on it. Watch this space

Remember Sutton called one of our player "buffallo brains" live on BT sport he should have been banned there and then.
It was during their live Saturday afternoon show. Other panelists were clearly unhappy with him at the time.
I wrote to BT to complain and got a usual BS response.

If Sutton & Lennon had been assaulted , confronted in anyway Rangers would be responsible, so they took the correct action, Ban the feckers

Sutton is a man who on BT & in his Daily Record column since 2016 has routinely

abused our players
ridiculed our board and management teams
insisted Morelos was sending death threats to Celtic fans with his gesture at Parkhead
claimed their was a conspiracy in place to stop Celtic doing ten in a row

BT allowed him a platform to weekly take the piss out of a sizeable number of their viewers because he hated their team. There is simply no way that they'd allow their EPL pundits to get away with what he did in their Scottish football coverage.

He should be nowhere near Ibrox.

Doesn’t present a great image of us as a support though and provides more ammunition to our enemies. Doesn’t really show Scotland in a very good light.

Don’t think this was a very good day from tge club’s media advisors.

My understanding is that they were only going to comment on the Celtic game that kicked off at 5:45, so they would have been discussing the game at half time and after full time (when Rangers fans would be entering the ground and spot Lennon and Sutton chatting on a platform a few yards away). Then Ally and David Weir would replace them on the platform to cover the Rangers game.

It could easily, and diplomatically, have been solved by renting a TV studio somewhere else in the city for a few hours, or if time allowed sending Sutton and Lennon to the studio where their replacement (Petrov) did that job.

If I’m gonna be honest, Petrov is actually a decent pundit. He’s honest in his assessments and has a lot of football knowledge…also despite playing for that mob, he’s not a bitter tim.

Lennon and Sutton have done and said some awful things about our club and our players, Rangers cannot guarantee that some in our fan base might do or say anything to these two cretins, I beleive Rangers done the right thing, albeit the timing of it was a bit strange.
Also did Le Guen not get his coat covered in spittle from Celtc scum, i cant remember if it was a Sharkheed or Tyncastle?

Back