This current Rangers team has peaked. We're now on the slide

As I said on the match thread, it’s the obsession with getting wide and crossing it that’s the major problem. It’s so predictable and fruitless! Needs to stop pronto

it’s a tactical problem not a team peaking problem IMO
As opposed to trying to walk it into the net?

Doesn't make us shite, doesn't make us bad but we are not the same side as last season. We're good but we are going through the motions something awful this season.

Energy, hunger, desire..call it what you want. Whatever you call it, we don't have it anymore. There is absolutely no zip to this team.

Failure(for whatever reason) to freshen up this squad is going to cost us.
Kent being off the boil a bit. Tav in front of crowds (he said it, not the press or me), Goldson in the last year of his contract could have a hell of a lot to do with the "poor" start.

We didn't improve the starting 11 , and In my opinion you should improve your starting 11 this will improve your squad, we improved the squad not the 11, I also think some players were looking for a move and never got so they might not be happy and that is impacting there play.

I said after the cup and European exit last season that we might see a drop off this season and I stand by it.

We’ve been so focussed on 55 for so long that it’s only natural the players either consciously or subconsciously lose a bit of focus once we achieve it.

Top of the league, four points clear of them, in Europa League group stages, couple of League Cup games from a Final. Some slide! Poor form but nowhere near a slide imo.

And as long as the "Czech ultras" don't murder every single last one of us (fans and players), I can still see us finishing second in the group.

How is the young guy Kelly not getting a run.
Doesn't trust the younger players that's why. Patterson was forced on Gerrard last season cause how poor Balogun performed at right back in both games. Bassey in and out again when he's been playing well for an underperforming Borna.

Playing well in only one half, it's been a recurring theme for a long time to be honest. Most of the time we get away with it, the odd time we don't.

January 2021 and Summer 2021 transfer windows will be something we will look back on us a the central contributor to Rangers not quite reaching the potential we could have done after the 55 season.

Doesn’t meant we will not win the league, just means we missed an opportunity to really excel to a new level.

As opposed to trying to walk it into the net?
No, as per first half play through the middle, that’s why we were so good!

shots from open play, passes and neat moves through the middle with it on the deck.

if we continue with the go-wide pish we’ll continue to have results like today

Doesn't make us shite, doesn't make us bad but we are not the same side as last season. We're good but we are going through the motions something awful this season.

Energy, hunger, desire..call it what you want. Whatever you call it, we don't have it anymore. There is absolutely no zip to this team.

I agree we peaked last season and our laboured performances this season can draw the only conclussion that we are on the slide. It is a worry that there appears no end in sight to our sloppy performances.

I'm pretty sure SG thought he was going to get the improvements to the starting 11 we so obviously need but for whatever reason (CL failure, no big bids for any of our supposed stars) they didn't materialise. We have stronger squad this season but definitley not a stronger starting 11. Won't castigate the Board as we can't pay big fees without first generating the funds.

A big part of the problem is we’re far too predictable

Teams know we’re going to play 433 and it’ll be played at a pedestrian pace. We have absolutely no one in the team capable of upping the tempo and getting the team playing

Davis and Kamara take far too long on the ball and Aribo in CM doesn’t work. Far too reliant on Morelos to make something out of nothing and get a goal

The winner of this season’s league will be whichever side is less shit than the other.

Not exactly giving the fans value for money.

The media pressure on Pep Portaloo would have intensified if we had won. It would have been a massive blow to that mob to be 6 points behind already. We blew it today with that shocking second half display. Letting Katic and Itten out on loan was a big mistake.

I think this was really inevitable after last season.
Assuming nobody else is going to challenge for the league we have basically gone 4 points ahead today. Gives us a bit of a cushion and an opportunity to find some form.

As much as I hate to make these comparisons but in Gerrards first season the tims had dropped 8 points within the first 6 matches of the season. When we beat them in the 29th of December game we pulled level on points but it was only after the winter break that they went on a run that won them the title.

Sometimes it does take a bit of time for a season to get going.

People shouldn't be so quick to lose their minds on here. Title races have never really been all that easy and in the past we've had plenty of seasons where it took us a while to get going.

I don't think we'll see a 102 point total at the end of this season. Probably 90 looks a bit more realistic right now. Don't really think that things will be wrapped up before the split. Might even go down to the last game.

I wonder if people were satisfied with Walters final season in charge?
I think most would say yes because of how the season ended.
During the season? Definitely not. Many, many, trying times that year.

The problem is we are trying to judge a season and it's not even the end of September. I think we might all feel different in May.

We're looking at 12 potentially leaving next summer.

6 out of contract, another 6 with a year left on their deal.

Next summer is going to be a massive overhaul one way or another.
Yup. Win the league and the CL riches that should bring in and I think the summer will be pretty exciting as we rebuild. But if not we could be in a bit of bother for the next few years

You could have a point OP. We appear to be playing at a level where we do the bare minimum required. We have enough quality where that will work most of the time, i suppose, but when we need to lift it a level - we just dont seem to have it. Our European performances are a good example

It’s just so disappointing that we miss chances and keep allowing teams that were never in the game to cone back and get a foothold back into it. The relentless streak of last season is no longer there. You can guarantee even if the opposition only get one chance they are going to take it.

As for the decision making in final 3rd it was appalling. Davis in the second half passing to his right while running into the box instead passing it across goal to the free man. Wtf??? Also aribo taking too many touches instead of passing.

Disagree.

when the manager has a full squad of players fit and available then maybe you can make that call.

Unfortunately he might not get that this season.

January 2021 and Summer 2021 transfer windows will be something we will look back on us a the central contributor to Rangers not quite reaching the potential we could have done after the 55 season.

Doesn’t meant we will not win the league, just means we missed an opportunity to really excel to a new level.

I think we were expecting to make one big sale in the summer and use that money to improve the team/squad.

There’s not much we can do if we don’t get an acceptable bid. We can’t expect the directors to continue to pump millions in.

I think we were expecting to make one big sale in the summer and use that money to improve the team/squad.

There’s not much we can do if we don’t get an acceptable bid. We can’t expect the directors to continue to pump millions in.
Yeah I think that was the case.

We need to consider why our players are not seen as attractive for the buying clubs. Obviously last season was a huge season for many of the players but I would imagine many of the recruitment staff at the top clubs will consider that this was undertaken without any supporters.

Yeah I think that was the case.

We need to consider why our players are not seen as attractive for the buying clubs. Obviously last season was a huge season for many of the players but I would imagine many of the recruitment staff at the top clubs will consider that this was undertaken without any supporters.

I don’t think it’s got much to do with that tbh. I think it’s more that we don’t have any recent history of selling players who then go on to excel.

Very early days in the season, 4 points ahead of the filth, could have been a lot better, but a lot worse. We are still in pole position, no surrender bears!

Not qualifying for the champions league has hampered our efforts to improve the starting 11, we could've bought a Veerman or someone who could walk into our first 11, instead we have our new signings, on the bench hanging around the fringes of the first 11.

Wright, Simpson, Ofoborh, Lundstrum, Sakala and Bacuna all in the first team squad in this calander year. 4 of those 6 featured today with 3 of them starting. How much fresher do people want it? A brand new starting 11?

Players who actually improve the first 11, not a bunch of players that when they need to play you are almost hiding behind the couch.

We are fine - could be better; could be worse.

Either way, we are (clearly) good enough to win the league. We can re-evaluate the squad then.

No, stress B-)

We look very stale and we need to change our tactics or personal or both. I dont really care what that mob are doing we should be beating Motherwell at home. Our form this season is worrying.

So why bring in several players that are clearly no better, in fact miles behind.
Bring in one or two at most that would improve.?

I think its too early to judge that yet. Ideally we'd bring in one or two, and Im sure that was the plan. Maybe these players just weren't available or affordable?

As I said on the match thread, it’s the obsession with getting wide and crossing it that’s the major problem. It’s so predictable and fruitless! Needs to stop pronto

it’s a tactical problem not a team peaking problem IMO
Mwell mopping it up all day long. As did Malmö and any other organised team. It’s not as if we’ve got Joe Jordan up front.

Typical over dramatic attention seeking guff.

First half we looked up to speed for first time in a long time.

Finished up a shambles.

Alfie and Borna not fit. Kent out. Fil out. No Hagi.

If and when full squad available and fully fit and sharp then come back and preach to us.

I feel there has been to many disruptions, covid, injuries etc etc

we were lucky last year with everything falling in to place

if things settle, we will be fine
Too many excuses for me if we start the second half same as the first we win
We stopped the high press wither that was the coaching staffs instructions or not but no where near good enough

A slow start.
It happens.

We’ll pish this league again.
Four clear of the filth and we’ve yet to start.
Nah, not having it.

You might be happy being four ahead of a filth side who have dropped nine points in six games. I'm not.

A filth side with a manager having the sloppiest start of any of their managers in twenty years? (The stats might be worse now after midweek and today)

I think it is a disgrace.

Rangers fans not accepting garbage?

That happens too.

Its hard to see a rut when you're in it. Keep thinking we'll come out it, but its a hard slog.
Remember thinking our 73 cup winning team were unbeatable - and they collapsed into mediocrity in 73-74.
Treble winners in 76, by October out of Europe, lost 3 games in a week ( inc 5-1 in a semi) and a riot match to fill the nèwspapers.
2000, team fell apart by Autumn.
Current team need to stop the rot but it usually takes a siemic event.
Arguably new signings made a difference, but these days the deadlines mean youre stuck.

Back